A tender steak tastes the best with the perfect blend of flavors. The recipe I am sharing with you all is for steak chili with a zesty flavor.
The best steak that should be used for making chili is chuck steak. It has a packed punch of beefy flavor. But if you are unable to find chuck steak, then any beef which is best for stewing can be used for the recipe.
To make steak chili, sauté the steak and garlic. Add onions to it and cook them along with 2 cups of water, tomato stuffs, salsa and seasonings and bring them all to boil. Make a smooth mixture of flour, cornmeal and remaining water. As the chili comes to a boil, add this flour mixture and cook till it thickens. Serve hot.
This is not all, as it is a brief description of the recipe. More details of this recipe are waiting ahead for you to cook it with perfection. The first thing is to collect the ingredients that are required for this recipe. Take note of the list of ingredients to start making the dish.
Ingredients For Zesty Steak Chili
- 4 pounds beef (round steak)
- 4 garlic cloves (minced)
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 3 cups onions (chopped)
- 2 ¾ cups water (divided)
- 2 cups celery (sliced)
- 3 each tomatoes (canned, diced, undrained)
- 2 each tomato sauce cans (15 oz)
- 1 each salsa jar (16 oz)
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin ground
- 2 teaspoons oregano dried
- 1 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup cornmeal
The ingredients required to prepare this dish are easy to find. Make a note of them and check in your pantry first before you head out. You might find most of them stocked up in the there. If not, then do not worry as you can find them at any supermarket
How Much Time Will It Take To Make Zesty Steak Chili?
|Preparation Time||Cooking time||Total time|
|20 Minutes||2 Hours||2 Hours 20 Minutes|
Cooking meat requires lot of patience; so does this recipe. It is a bit time consuming recipe but you will see it will worth all the patience. This recipe takes 2 hours 20 minutes to be ready. Take a note of the steps you need to follow.
Steps To Make Zesty Steak Chili
- Using a Dutch oven, sauté steak and garlic in oil over a medium–high flame. Saute them till they turn brown.
- Add onions and cook them for 5 minutes. Stir in tomato, celery, salsa, seasonings and 2 cups of water. Bring them all to boil.
- Reduce the flame to a minimum, cover and cook them 2 hours or until they get tender.
- In a small bowl, make a mixture of cornmeal, flour and remaining water. Make this mixture smooth with stirring. Keep it aside.
- Bring the chili to boil and add the prepared flour mixture. Cook for 2 minutes till it gets thickened.
- Serve hot.
You can garnish with cheese, sour cream, onions and olives.
Nutritional Breakdown of Zesty Steak Chili
Check out the nutrition value of Zesty Steak Chili.
How To Make Zesty Steak Chili At Home | Video
Make sure you try this recipe and share your reviews in the comment section below. I just can’t wait to read your comments on how you like this recipe and your experiences while making it. Also, to help you out, I have uploaded a video of this recipe. Watch the video with a similar recipe to know every detail.
Your suggestions regarding the recipe is what I will be looking forward to always. So without any hesitation, you can ask me anything regarding this recipe in the comment section regarding the same. Enjoy your food. Bon Appetite!