One of the world’s most unique and best seasonings, Za’atar is primarily associated with the Middle East as well as Mediterranean cooking. Did you know Za’atar also defines an actual herb in the wild thyme family which resembles somewhat like oregano? Now, you know this. Also, making Za’atar at home is a very easy task as you’ll observe.
You have the best combination of dried oregano, cumin, coriander, sesame seeds, sumac as well as kosher salt. Isn’t this the best seasoning ever? Also, you can spice up the Za’atar made at home by adding Aleppo chilli flakes. It would require merely 5 minutes of your valuable time.
So, isn’t it worthy of trying at least once? When I made Za’atar at home for the first time, I was smitten by its flavour and fragrance. Moreover, this Za’atar recipe has got immense health benefits. It boosts skin health, soothes inflammation, boosts energy, aids memory and many more to list.
Haven’t you got enough reasons to make Za’atar at home? I believe yes. So now, learn to make Za’atar at home by going through the Za’atar Recipe given below. Enjoy! But here are some other amazing recipes that you should definitely try.
1. Salt and Vinegar Seasoning– This recipe is very simple and short one and is a very famous seasoning. It provides a very satisfying flavor to all of the food that you eat. This recipe is very simple and anyone, even your 15-year-old kid can make it at home without any confusion.
2. Sous Vide Scallops– Sous Vide technique is used in restaurants majorly. My mother cooks perfect Sous Vide Scallops. Neither it is difficult to make nor it is much time-consuming. Its aroma tickles my nose every time I think about it.
3. Worm Salt– Mezcal tequila usually comes with a worm in the bottle… pretty gross, but still cool. Some even say it brings good fortune to the lucky person who finds it in his/her glass.
4. Tandoori Cheese Cornflakes– It is a quick breakfast dish that you can make in around 20 minutes. It is also a nice appetizer for small get together and people of all groups love to eat.
Ingredients for making Za’atar
|Dried thyme-crushed (or sub oregano)||1 tablespoon|
|Sesame seeds||1 tablespoon|
|Kosher salt||1/2 teaspoon|
|Aleppo chilli flakes||1/4 teaspoon|
How much time would it take?
|Preparation time||Total time|
|5 minutes||5 minutes|
- Mix all the above-mentioned ingredients in a bowl, you have to store them in an airtight container.
- Now, toast the cumin and coriander seeds until they begin to give fragrance.
- Finally, do the required grinding and serve.