Yufka is a Turkish flatbread. You can make them at your place with no fuss as its preparation is very easy. Lets’ see how to make this Yufka at home.
Yufka is a Turkish cuisine, paper-thin inconsistency. Despite being so thin, it can hold onto the fillings. I tried this flatbread at one of my friend’s places who belongs from turkey and makes it. I had yufka in the form of shawarma. It tasted so good and soft that I could not stop myself from asking her the recipe. She gave me all the necessary details to make them at home. And I will love sharing them with you today.
To prepare Yufka, you need to knead a dough out of flour, salt and olive oil with warm water. Rest the dough for 4 hours atleast. Make small balls out of the dough and rest them again for 15 minutes. Dust each ball and roll them using the rolling pin. Cook them in a pan and serve.
This was a brief of the recipe. You will see more details in the recipe below. You can make wraps or even use it as a pastry sheet for a dessert. Yufka will help instant hunger as you can make them and store them for weeks. Take a look at the ingredients first and get started.
Ingredients for Yufka
- 1 ½ cups All Purpose flour
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2tbsp Olive Oil
- Warm Water (as needed to make a soft dough)
I don’t think you need to head to the supermarket. This recipe does not require any special ingredients. You will surely get them all in your kitchen unless the stock is over. Let’s see how much time they will be prepared.
How Much Time It Will Take To Make Yufka?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Additional Time||Total Time|
|10 minutes||30 minutes||4 hours||4 hours 40 minutes|
It may seem time consuming recipe to you. But actually, it is not. You need to rest the dough for 4 hours, which is the only time taking a step. Other than that, you will see how easy and simple this recipe is. Let’s see the instruction to be followed.
Steps to Prepare Yufka Flatbread
- Take a wide bowl, add flour and salt to it. Mix them well.
- Add warm water to this mixture slowly and make dough from it.
- Pour some olive oil and knead the dough till it gets soft and smooth.
- Cover it and let it rest for 4 hours or overnight. It will be easy to roll the dough if the dough rests for a longer time.
- Once done, divide the dough into 10 equal parts. Let the balls rest for 15 minutes.
- Using flour, dust each ball and roll them as thin as possible.
- If the dough tears while rolling, rest it for some more time and roll again.
- Take a heavy pan and cook them on medium-high flame till they turn golden brown.
- Remove them and keep them in the kitchen cloth until you serve them.
- They may turn hard quickly, so sprinkle some water on them before serving.
Store them at room temperature in a ziplock if you are not using them immediately. Another use is you can serve Yufka with vegetables or lentils.
Nutritional Breakdown of Yufka
Let’s see how much nutrients will this Turkish bread provide to you.
How to Make Yufka at Home | Video
I have uploaded the video to show you every detail. Watch the video to be clear about the steps. In case your doubt persists, write it in the comment section below and I will help you.
You can even write up your suggestions in the same comment section. I would love to get some suggestions regarding the recipe you like to know about. If you have something of this sort in mind, feel free to write. Till then, enjoy!