Yucatan potato salad is made with russet potatoes. The potatoes are cooked and mixed with onions, peppers, eggs, celery, olives, and pickles. The dressing is very simple and is made with oil, lemon juice, and some seasoning. The recipe is super simple and delicious.
Yucatan is a Mexican state that has Mayan ruins. One of the city’s popular salads is the Yucatan potato salad. Russet potatoes are widely grown in North America. The mealy kind is the main ingredient of the salad and it makes all the difference to your recipe.
To make Yucatan potato salad, boil the potatoes until tender. Heat oil in a pan and roast peppers in it. Now, in a mixing bowl, add potatoes and roasted peppers. Also, add eggs, onions, celery, olives, and sweet pickle to it. In a small bowl, mix oil, lemon juice, and seasoning. Drizzle it over the potato mixture and mix.
I tried making the Yucatan potato salad at home and I found it very interesting and tasty. Find the complete recipe below. There are other main course recipes on our blog as well that you should also check.
1. Mexican Red Bean Salad with Corn and Chickpeas– This salad is just the respite to a long uninteresting day; it’s light and colorful and would be just what you’d need to lighten you up like rainbow scenery.
2. Camarones al Ajillo– This recipe of Camarones al Ajillo reminds me of my hometown. It is a complete dinner recipe that you can make for any occasion. I am always up for any variety of shrimp recipes!
3. Szechuan Vegetables– Szechuan Vegetables are a mix of world-famous pleasurable veggies mixed with sauces to create luxury and scenic beauty on our plates. It has an American origin, Chinese making, and Indie masalas to make it more precise.
4. Kadai Chicken– Kadai Chicken is a very popular Chicken Dry dish that is made with rich tomato gravy and sauteed along with chunks of capsicum and onions.
Yucatan Potato Salad Recipe
- 2 Pans
- 6 Russet Potatoes (peeled and cubed)
- 2 Poblano Chile Peppers
- 3 Hard-Boiled Eggs (chopped)
- ½ cup Celery (chopped)
- ½ cup White Onion (chopped)
- 3 medium Sweet Pickles (chopped)
- 12 Green Olives (sliced)
- ¼ cup Lime Juice
- 1 cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- ½ teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Mustard Powder
- In a pan, add water and potatoes. Cover it and boil the potatoes until they become soft. Then, drain the remaining water.
- Take another pan and put some olive oil in it. Put peppers into it and roast them until they charred.
- Then, keep them aside and let them cool at room temperature.
- Now, take a bowl and put potatoes, eggs, roasted peppers, onion, celery, olives and sweet pickles in it and mix it all.
- In another bowl, whisk lime juice, vegetable oil, salt, pepper, and mustard powder.
- Pour this mixture over the potato salad and mix it properly.
- Add salt and pepper according to your taste.