I used to eat potato salad on every alternative day, One day I searched online about the variety of potato salad and I came to know about the Yucatan Potato Salad.
I found the name very interesting and I will tell you the history behind the name:
Here’s what Yucatan is: it’s a Mexican state carrying Mayan ruins; a history. As for food and history is just going to bring a glamorous appearance to your plate.Russet Potatoes are widely grown in North America; the mealy kind is the main ingredient making all the difference to your recipe.
I tried the Yucatan Potato Salad Recipe at my home and I found it very interesting and tasty. So, today I am here to share the Yucatan Potato Salad Recipe with my lovely people.
Ingredients for Yucatan Potato Salad Recipe
|Russet potatoes (peeled and cubed)||6 units|
|Poblano Chile peppers||2 units|
|Hard-cooked eggs (chopped)||3 units|
|Chopped celery||Half cup|
|Chopped white onion||Half cup|
|Sweet pickles (chopped)||3 medium units|
|Green olives (sliced)||12 units|
|Lime juice||¼ cup|
|Vegetable oil||1 cup|
|Ground black pepper||½ tsp|
|Mustard powder||1 tsp|
How much time it will take?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|15 MINS||15 MINS||15 MINS|
Important notes about ingredients:
- Russet Burbank is a potato cultivar with dark brown skin and few eyes that is the most widely grown potato in North America. A russet type, its flesh is white, dry, and mealy.
- The Poblano (Capsicum annuum) is a mild chili pepper originating in the state of Puebla, Mexico.
- Sweet pickle refers to a sweet-and-sour pickled cucumber.
Yucatan Potato Salad Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C.
- In a pan add water with potatoes and cover it and boil the potatoes until it becomes soft. Then drain the remaining water.
- Take another pan and put some olive oil in it and put peppers into it and roast them turning until they charred.
- Then keep them aside and let them cook at room temperature.
- Now take a bowl and out potatoes, eggs, roasted peppers, onion, celery, olives and sweet pickles and mix it all.
- In another bowl, whisk together the lime juice, vegetable oil, salt, pepper, and mustard powder.
- Pour this mixture over the potato salad and mix it properly.
- Add salt and pepper according to your taste.
Now you are ready to savour the newness in your regular dish with a touch of Mexico and history. Put together a delightful salad in days not so energetic; bring joy to life.
Nutritional Facts Of Yucatan Potato Salad Recipe