I used to eat potato salad on every alternative day, One day I searched online about the variety of potato salad and I came to know about the Yucatan Potato Salad.
I found the name very interesting and I will tell you the history behind the name:
Here’s what Yucatan is: it’s a Mexican state carrying Mayan ruins; a history. As for food and history is just going to bring a glamorous appearance to your plate.Russet Potatoes are widely grown in North America; the mealy kind is the main ingredient making all the difference to your recipe.
I tried the Yucatan Potato Salad Recipe at my home and I found it very interesting and tasty. There are other main course recipes on our blog as well that you should also check.
1. Mexican Red Bean Salad with Corn and Chickpeas– This salad is just the respite to a long uninteresting day; it’s light and colourful and would be just what you’d need to lighten you up like rainbow scenery.
2. Camarones al Ajillo– This recipe of Camarones al Ajillo reminds me of my hometown. It is a complete dinner recipe that you can make for any occasion. I am always up for any variety of shrimp recipes!
3. Szechuan Vegetables– Szechuan Vegetables are a mix of world-famous pleasurable veggies mixed with sauces to create luxury and scenic beauty on our plates. It has an American origin, Chinese making and Indie masalas to make it more precise.
4. Kadai Chicken– Kadai Chicken is a very popular Chicken Dry dish that is made with rich tomato gravy and sauteed along with chunks of capsicum and onions.
Ingredients for Yucatan Potato Salad Recipe
|Russet potatoes (peeled and cubed)||6 units|
|Poblano Chile peppers||2 units|
|Hard-cooked eggs (chopped)||3 units|
|Chopped celery||Half cup|
|Chopped white onion||Half cup|
|Sweet pickles (chopped)||3 medium units|
|Green olives (sliced)||12 units|
|Lime juice||¼ cup|
|Vegetable oil||1 cup|
|Ground black pepper||½ tsp|
|Mustard powder||1 tsp|
How much time it will take?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|15 MINS||15 MINS||15 MINS|
Important notes about ingredients:
- Russet Burbank is a potato cultivar with dark brown skin and few eyes that is the most widely grown potato in North America. A russet type, its flesh is white, dry, and mealy.
- The Poblano (Capsicum annuum) is a mild chili pepper originating in the state of Puebla, Mexico.
- Sweet pickle refers to a sweet-and-sour pickled cucumber.
Yucatan Potato Salad Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C.
- In a pan add water with potatoes and cover it and boil the potatoes until it becomes soft. Then drain the remaining water.
- Take another pan and put some olive oil in it and put peppers into it and roast them turning until they charred.
- Then keep them aside and let them cook at room temperature.
- Now take a bowl and out potatoes, eggs, roasted peppers, onion, celery, olives and sweet pickles and mix it all.
- In another bowl, whisk together the lime juice, vegetable oil, salt, pepper, and mustard powder.
- Pour this mixture over the potato salad and mix it properly.
- Add salt and pepper according to your taste.
Now you are ready to savour the newness in your regular dish with a touch of Mexico and history. Put together a delightful salad in days not so energetic; bring joy to life.
Nutritional Facts Of Yucatan Potato Salad Recipe