Baking a cake right from scratch can bring you utter happiness. Today, I will be sharing a recipe for white texas sheet cake.
Sheet cakes are easier to make in comparison to regular cakes. Everything for the sheet cake is mixed together in a large bowl. This is a kind of cake which gets better with time. You will surely love the recipe for this sheet cake. The creamy frosting and white sponge will make you drool over this cake.
To make white texas sheet cake, first prepare the batter, bring butter and water to boil. Stir in flour, sugar, sour cream, almond extract, salt, and baking powder. Pour the batter into a greased baking pan and bake. Prepare the frosting for the cake by boiling milk and butter together. Once cooled, add frosting to the cake. Voila! The cake is ready.
This was just a brief for the recipe. You will get to know more details related to the recipe below. So, to begin with, let’s see the list of ingredients you need to bake this cake. Take a note of them and start collecting.
Ingredients For White Texas Sheet Cake
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups white sugar
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup butter
- ¼ cup milk
- 4 ½ cups confectioners’ sugar
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans
The ingredients for this recipe are readily accessible at any supermarket. So go grab them. You might even find them in your pantry. Have a look there before heading out. Let’s move on to the preparation time of this recipe.
How Much Time Will It Take To Make White Texas Sheet Cake?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|20 Minutes||20 Minutes||40 Minutes|
Your cake will be ready in matter of 40 minutes. This is an easy recipe for the cake and will work like a work in emergent cake baking crisis. Let’s see how it is done.
Steps To Make White Texas Sheet Cake
- Set the oven to preheat at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Till then, bring a cup of butter and water to boil in a large saucepan. Remove the pan from heat once boiled. Add flour, sugar, eggs, sour cream, almond extract, salt and baking soda to the pan. Mix well to get a smooth batter. Pour the batter into a greased baking pan.
- Bake it in the preheated oven for 20-22 minutes or until the cake turns golden brown. Test the cake by piercing a knife in the cake. If the cake is done, the knife will not be coated. Cool down the cake.
- To prepare the frosting, add milk and ½ cup of butter in a saucepan and bring them to boil. Now remove the pan from heat. Stir in sugar, almond extract and pecans.
- Spread the frosting over the cake and serve.
You can add margarine as a substitute to butter.
Nutritional Breakdown of White Texas Sheet Cake
Do you feel guilty while having a piece of cake? To keep a check on the calorie you are consuming with a slice of cake, look at the calorie count of this cake.
How To Make White Texas Sheet Cake At Home | Video
If you are unclear of any step then watch the video I have uploaded of a similar recipe. It will surely help you out with the doubts you are having.
In case you have any query, feel free to write them up in the comment section below. I will be happy to help you with it. If you have any suggestions for any other recipe, use the same section to convey them to me. I will try my best to respond for the same. Take care of your health!