A south Indian chutney/sauce best suited for every cereal made recipe. Your south Indian recipes cannot be imagined without this chutney. It consists of the simplicity of coconuts and curd yet the classic curry leaves and cumin seeds are the taste punches of your going to become favorite chutney.
Coconut chutney is a yummy tasting delight to enjoy with dishes mainly idli and dosa. Let’s journey to create our own chutney for instant delight.
How much time it will take:
Ingredients for White Coconut Chutney:
|Chopped fresh coconut||1 cup|
|Grated ginger||1 tsp|
|Chopped green chilies||2 units|
|Roasted chana dal||1 tbsp|
|Lemon juice||1 tsp|
|Cumin seeds||½ tsp|
|Mustard seeds||¼ tsp|
|Dry red chili||1 unit|
How to make South Indian White Coconut Chutney for Idli, Dosa and Vada | Recipe:
- Add coconut pieces to a grinder. Grind it to make a medium coarse paste. Place it in a plate.
- Now add green chilies, roasted chana dal and ginger to the same jar. Grind it to make a smooth powder.
- Now add coconut, curd, lemon juice, salt and water to the same jar. Grind it to make a medium coarse paste. Place it in a bowl.
- Heat oil in a pre heated pan. Add mustard seeds; when make a pop sound and crackle then add cumin seeds, red chili and curry leaves sauté this for about 10 seconds.
- Pour this tampering over the coconut chutney pre prepared and enjoy it with your favorite dish.
Stay tuned for more sauces as an add-on to your dish…