Whip up the spuds into a classic Thanksgiving dip! The silky and creamy whipped sweet potato is one of the easiest Thanksgiving recipes. All you need is steamed sweet potatoes whipped with cream and butter. Spices like cinnamon and nutmeg add a slight warmth and flavor to this dip. Try it for the Thanksgiving feast and enjoy it with any main course dish.
Whipped sweet potato is one of the most loved classic dishes for the Thanksgiving feast. This recipe is super easy and can be made a day or two before the family meal. You can also add vanilla to enhance the flavor of whipped sweet potatoes. You can store this dip in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for about 2 to 3 days. You can whip the potatoes in a food processor or a blender. But if you want to enjoy the dip with some chunks of potatoes in it, then mash it with a fork.
Let’s start with the recipe for whipped sweet potatoes. Check out the lists below that mentions the equipment and ingredients you must have. Watch a similar video provided in the recipe card. Read the instructions and try this recipe for the Thanksgiving meal.
What Equipment Will You Need For Whipped Sweet Potato?
- Bowl- Use a bowl to mix the ingredients to make whipped sweet potatoes.
- Saucepan- You’ll need a saucepan to make the cream and butter mixture for the potatoes.
- Spatula- To combine the ingredients in the saucepan, use a spatula.
- Pot- Use a large pot to steam sweet potatoes.
- Whisk (or masher)- Use a whisk or a masher to mash and whip the potatoes.
- Steamer Basket- Use a steamer basket to steam the sweet potatoes for the recipe.
How Much Time Do You Need To Make Whipped Sweet Potato?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|10 Minutes||20 Minutes||30 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need For Whipped Sweet Potato?
- Sweet potatoes- Sweet potatoes are the main ingredient in this recipe. Peel the potatoes and chop them into small bite-sized chunks.
- Heavy cream- Heavy cream helps out with the creamy-thick texture of the potatoes and adds more flavor.
- Unsalted butter- Add unsalted butter to the potatoes to give them a nice creamy texture. Keep the butter at room temperature before adding it to the sweet potatoes.
- Cinnamon and nutmeg- Add a bit of warmth and spiciness by adding a pinch of cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Salt- Enhance the taste of whipped sweet potatoes by adding salt according to your choice.
- Pepper- Add some heat to whipped sweet potatoes by adding freshly ground black pepper.
Steps To Make Whipped Sweet Potato
1. Steam and whip the potatoes
Steam the potato chunks over a pot containing hot water for about 15 to 20 minutes. Place the tender steamed potatoes in a mixing bowl. Whip them to form a smooth paste.
2. Spice them up and serve
Add butter to a hot saucepan and let it melt. Now, add cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, and pepper. Add cream and mix them to combine. Transfer this cream to the bowl containing sweet potatoes and mix. Transfer it to the serving casserole dish. Garnish whipped sweet potatoes with chopped parsley or chives and serve.
|Saturated Fat||6 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||1 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||3 g|
|Trans Fat||1 g|
|Vitamin A||24452 IU|
|Vitamin C||4 mg|
How Will Whipped Sweet Potato Look and Taste?
Enjoy your turkey bites in this whipped sweet potato dip! Enjoy the burst of savory flavors and creamy smooth bites of whipped sweet potato. This Thanksgiving dip is filled with butter, sweet potato, and cream mixed together and flavored with cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, and pepper. It’s garnished with chopped chives or parsley to have herbal flavors in the dip. Try it now and enjoy your Thanksgiving.
Whipped Sweet Potato Recipe
- Whisk (masher)
- Steamer Basket
- Serving Casserole Dish
- 3 pounds Sweet Potatoes
- 3 tablespoons Heavy Cream (whipping cream)
- ⅓ cup Unsalted Butter
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ½ teaspoon Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- ¼ teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- pinch Ground Nutmeg
- Parsley or Chives (chopped)
Share your thoughts about this recipes in the comments below. Try out other recipes for Thanksgiving and enjoy your holiday feast.