The Whataburger patty melt is a hearty and delectable burger sandwich. It is loaded with beef patty, melted cheese, caramelized onions, and creamy pepper sauce. This burger sandwich is a perfect delight for busy weekdays. Get your hands on this quick and easy patty melt at home.
Patty melts are the perfect game-changer with incredible flavors. The crispy toast counterpoints the juicy, flavorful, and tender beef patties, onions, gooey cheese, and creamy pepper sauce. To make the knockoff patty melt, you need a handful of ingredients.
The list of sauce elements is long, but putting it together is the easiest way out. We have used Texas toast to make the patty melt. You can also substitute it with rye bread. The choice is yours! All the elements can be replaced with whatever is best suitable for your taste.
Now let’s get started with the recipe for making Whataburger patty melt. Check out the required list of equipment, ingredients, nutritional facts, and instructions below.
What's In The Post
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Whataburger Patty Melt?
- Griddle – Sear the beef patty and toast the Texas bread on a griddle.
- Tongs – Using tongs, flip the beef patties to cook on both sides.
- Bowls – Take two bowls to combine the sauce elements and season the ground beef mixture.
- Whisk – Combine all the sauce elements with a whisk.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Whataburger Patty Melt?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|5 Minutes||20 Minutes||25 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Whataburger Patty Melt?
- Ground Beef – For preparing the patty, take half a pound of ground beef.
- Softened Butter – Butter the Texas toast to achieve a crispy and crunchy texture.
- Texas Toast – You can either buy the Texas toast from any nearby supermarket or make your own.
- Onion – Slice the onion and add it to the patty melt.
- Garlic Powder – A teaspoon of garlic powder added to the beef mixture will bring out an aromatic sharpness.
For Creamy Pepper Sauce
- Mayonnaise – The mayonnaise will act as a base of the sauce.
- Dijon Mustard – A teaspoon of Dijon mustard will bring out enhanced flavors.
- Salt – Add salt to your taste.
- Black Pepper – Season the sauce with a pinch of crushed black pepper.
- Sweet Paprika – The tartness will be enhanced with a pinch of sweet paprika.
- Green Peppercorn – Adding green peppers will bring out sweet and fruity flavors to the sauce.
- Worcestershire Sauce – Bring out an umami blend of flavors with a teaspoon of Worcestershire sauce.
- Lemon Juice – Add a teaspoon of lemon juice for zesty sharpness.
- White Pepper – Spice up the sauce with a pinch of white pepper.
- Garlic – Minced garlic will bring out a piquant blend of sharpness.
- Ketchup – Balance the spice in the sauce with a teaspoon of ketchup.
- Winter Truffle – Add grated winter truffle for earthy and chocolaty flavors.
For The Toppings
- Monterey Jack Cheese – Place a Monterey Jack cheese slice on each patty for cheesy goodness.
- Onions – Bake and fry the onions to add to the patty melt.
Steps To Make Whataburger Patty Melt
In a bowl, add ground beef and combine it with dry rubs like garlic powder, salt, and black pepper. Combine the mixture nicely and form shape the patty. Slice the onion into the shape of the thick rings. Soak them in a bowl of buttermilk for 5 minutes. Finally, coat the rings with flour and deep-fry until crispy brown.
2. Whisk The Sauce
Prepare the sauce by combining green pepper, white pepper, mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, minced garlic, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, ketchup, sweet paprika, salt, and winter truffle. Whisk until you achieve a creamy and smooth texture of the sauce.
3. Grill Drill
Grease the griddle with a teaspoon of olive oil and grill the patties. Cook the patties to achieve a crispy texture on the outside and tender on the inside. Place a slice of Monterey jack cheese on top of the cooked patty. Let it melt for 2 minutes. Remove the patty and place it on a wire rack.
4. Put Together
Take the Texas toast, and put it on the pan to grill it nicely with melted butter. Once it is toasted, rub the ends with a slice of garlic to perfume the toast with a garlicky tang. Layer the bottom bun with a generous amount of sauce. Place the two beef patties on top, followed by crispy onions. Sauce the top toast and cover it to serve!
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|
How Will Whataburger Patty Melt Look And Taste Like?
Whataburger patty melt looks appetizing with oozing cheesy goodness. Prepared with ground beef, crispy onions, and flavorful spices the patty melt is scrumptious. Satiate your cravings and hunger with copycat Whataburger patty melt.
Whataburger Patty Melt Recipe
- ½ pound Ground Beef
- ½ cup Softened Butter
- 2 Texas Toast
- ½ cup Onion
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
For Creamy Pepper Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Sweet Paprika
- 1 tablespoon Green Peppercorn
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Lemon Juice
- 1 tablespoon White Pepper
- 1 tablespoon Garlic
- 1 tablespoon Ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Winter Truffle
For The Toppings
- ½ cup Monterey Jack Cheese
- ½ cup Onions
- Add ground beef, garlic powder, salt, and back pepper to a bowl.
- Combine the mixture and form round-shaped patties.
- Then, slice the onions into thick rings, soak them in buttermilk, coat them with flour, and deep-fry. The fried onions will add crunchiness.
- For preparing creamy pepper sauce, combine green pepper, white pepper, mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, minced garlic, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, ketchup, sweet paprika, salt, and winter truffle.
- Whisk the elements to achieve a creamy sauce.
- Grease the pan with a teaspoon of olive oil. Grill the patties to crispy perfection.
- Place a slice of Monterey jack cheese on top of the cooked patty. Let it melt for 2 minutes.
- Simultaneously, toast the bread with a teaspoon of butter.
- Finally, when the patties are cooked, and the bread is toasted, begin to club the sandwich.
- When the bread is toasted, rub the ends with a slice of garlic to perfume the toast with a garlicky tang.
- Layer the bottom bun with a generous amount of sauce.
- Place the two beef patties on top, followed by crispy onions. Sauce the top toast and cover it to serve!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is on the Whataburger patty melt?
The Whataburger patty melt is a sandwich loaded with beef patties, Monterey jack cheese slices, crispy onions, and creamy pepper sauce.
What’s in Whataburger creamy pepper sauce?
Whataburger creamy pepper sauce is prepared with green pepper, white pepper, black pepper, sweet paprika, mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, and ketchup.
Does Whataburger still have the patty melt?
Yes, Whataburger patty melt is one of the permanent staples.
How much does Whataburger patty melt cost you?
Whataburger patty melt costs you $5.39.
Prepare a Whataburger patty melt burger right in your kitchen. Refer to the above article for the detailed recipe. Share your experience with us in the comment section below.