Let’s get adventurous and make a copycat Whataburger Monterey melt at home. It is delicious and filled with flavorful toppings. In Texas, paying a visit to Whataburger is a tradition. But you can save yourself a trip and make a copycat version of Monterey melt with us.
Whataburger Monterey melt is loaded with flavored patties, veggies, spicy ranch sauce, and oozing cheese. The key to making the same Monterey melt is to follow the right measurement of elements. All you need to do is grill the patties, prepare the ranch sauce, saute the veggies, and club the burger.
Once the Monterey melt is ready, you will taste the heart-stopping cheesy goodness with each bite. Try this knockoff Monterey melt in the comfort of your home. Seek out the details in the article.
The required list of ingredients, equipment, nutritional facts, and instructions are mentioned in the steps below. Moreover, follow some important frequently asked questions to know the crux of the recipe.
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Whataburger Monterey Melt?
- Griddle – Sear the beef patties on a griddle.
- Tong – Flip the patties on the griddle with the help of tongs.
- Butter Knife – Slather the ranch sauce and butter on the buns using a butter knife.
- Whisk – Combine the elements to prepare the sauce with a whisk.
- Bowl – Mix the ground beef with the spices in a bowl.
- Perforated Ladle – Saute the veggies with a perforated ladle.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Whataburger Monterey Melt?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|5 Minutes||20 Minutes||25 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Whataburger Monterey Melt?
For The Burger
- Ground Beef – Prepare the burger patty using ground beef.
- Butter – Toast the buns with a teaspoon of butter.
- Hamburger Buns – Prepare the Monterey melt with hamburger buns.
- Oil – Grill the patty with any vegetable oil of your choice.
- Eggs – Add two eggs to the ground beef mixture for smooth binding.
- Garlic Powder – A teaspoon of garlic powder will bring out piquant flavors.
- Onion Powder – Onion powder will add a savory blend to the mixture.
- Black Pepper – Season the ground beef with a pinch of black pepper.
- Salt – Add salt to your taste.
For The Dressing
- Mayonnaise – Take half a cup of mayonnaise as a base for ranch dressing.
- Buttermilk – Pour a tablespoon of buttermilk into the bowl for preparing the ranch sauce.
- Jalapenos – Diced jalapenos will add tartness to the ranch dressing.
- Cilantro – Freshly chopped cilantro adds freshness to the ranch dressing.
- Garlic – Minced garlic brings out strong aromatic freshness.
- Ranch Seasoning – Ranch seasoning is a blend of rich spices that will spice up the dressing.
For The Toppings
- Onions – Add sliced onions to the monetary melt.
- Lettuce – Place iceberg lettuce in between the burger.
- Poblano Pepper – Finely chopped poblano pepper will add crunch and freshness to the burger.
- Monterey Jack Cheese – Slices of jack cheese are well-paired to prepare the Monterey melt.
Steps To Make Whataburger Monterey Melt
Take a bowl, and add ground beef, eggs, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and black pepper. Combine everything nicely and form a round-shaped beef patty. Keep it aside for 5 minutes.
2. Sauce In Making
Combine all the sauce elements to achieve a creamy and smooth texture of the sauce. In a bowl, add mayonnaise, buttermilk, cilantro, jalapenos, minced garlic, and ranch seasoning. Whisk it well and the ranch dressing will be ready to serve.
3. Heat Work
Grease the griddle or grilling pan with a tablespoon of oil. Sear the beef patties until it is crispy and browned. Simultaneously, toast the hamburger buns with butter. Toast on both sides until golden brown. Saute the onions and poblano pepper for 2-3 minutes.
4. Club The Burger
When everything is done and dusted, begin to club the Monterey melt burger. Slather the ranch dressing on the bottom bun of the burger. Place two beef patties on the burger, followed by onions, poblano pepper, lettuce, and melted Monterey jack cheese slices. Serve the Monterey melt with your favorite toppings and sides.
|Dietary Fiber||4 g|
How Will Whataburger Monterey Melt Look And Taste Like?
Whataburger Monterey melt is loaded with two crispy and flavored beef patties, fresh lettuce, onions, and oozing Monterey jack. On top of that, the ranch dressing compliments the burger. Taste this juicy and crunchy Monterey burger with your favorite toppings or sides.
Whataburger Monterey Melt Recipe
For The Burger
- ½ pound Ground Beef
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- 2 Hamburger Buns
- 1 teaspoon Oil
- 1 Eggs
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Salt
For The Dressing
- ½ cup Mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Buttermilk
- ½ cup Jalapenos
- ½ cup Cilantro
- teaspoon Garlic
- 1 teaspoon Ranch Seasoning
For The Toppings
- ½ cup Onions
- 2 sprigs Lettuce ½
- ½ cup Poblano Pepper
- 2 slices Monterey Jack Cheese
- Mix ground beef with the spices and eggs. Add ground beef, eggs, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and back pepper in a bowl.
- Combine the mixture using your hands and keep it aside for 5 minutes.
- For preparing jalapeno ranch sauce, add mayonnaise, buttermilk, cilantro, jalapenos, minced garlic, and ranch seasoning.
- Whisk until the sauce is creamy and smooth.
- Moving forward, form the mixture into round-shaped patties. Gill them until golden brown and crispy to perfection.
- Simultaneously, toast the hamburger buns with a teaspoon of butter.
- Finally, when the patties are cooked and the buns are toasted, club the burger.
- Smother the ranch dressing on the bottom bun of the burger.
- Place the beef patties on the burger, followed by onions, poblano pepper, lettuce, and melted Monterey jack cheese slices.
- Serve the Monterey melt with your favorite toppings and sides.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How do you make a Whataburger Monterey Melt?
Double meat burger Whataburger Monterey melt is a quick and easy burger to prepare. Grill the patties, toast the bun, and club the burger with ranch dressing, fresh veggies, and beef patties.
What is on a Monterey Melt at Whataburger?
The filling added to the Monterey burger includes two beef patties that are topped with Monterey Jack cheese, Whataburger’s Jalapeño Ranch sauce, grilled onions, and peppers.
What sauce is on the Monterey Melt?
The Monterey melt burger offered at Whataburger has Jalapeño Ranch Sauce layered on the burger.
How much does Monterey melt cost?
Whataburger Monetary melt costs you $5.99.
Get your hands on Whataburger Monterey melt. It is delicious and delectable. Refer to the above article and let us know how it goes in the comment section below.