Cheese foam? Really? Sounds strange, right? However, if you are one of those who follow the trend, then you would surely have heard of cheese foam. Fret not if you haven’t; begin to discover more about cheese foam with the help of this article.
Cheese foam is a rich foam used as a topping for coffee, beverages, or other tea beverages. Some other names for cheese foam are cheese tea, cheese mousse, and salty mousse.
The cheese foam topped on a variety of flavorful beverages hits the spot. I’ll be sharing a lot more about this unique cheese foam and how to make it at home. Keep looking through the article to be amazed.
You’ll need cane sugar to make your cheese foam sweet. If you’re out of cane sugar, here are a few cane sugar substitutes that you can use.
What Is Cheese Foam?
Now, let’s have a look at what cheese foam really is? Cheese foam is a blended mixture prepared with cream cheese, milk, sugar, and whipped cream. It is loaded with cheesy richness and sweet tones. A creamy and cheesy foam tastes delicious when drizzled on top of the beverages.
The best part is that this cheese foam is paired with all flavors of tea or coffee. Be it Assam tea, mocha, frappe, or latte. A dollop of cheesy foam enhances the flavors of the beverages.
Cheese foam topped on an assortment of beverages is all the rage these days. People are very intrigued by the combination of flavors immersed in preparing this cheesy foam. Get familiar with its history below.
Where did The Cheese Foam Originate From?
Cheese foam is entrenched in the mainstream since it first originated in Taiwan markets. In Taiwan, people shared the concept of whipped cheese on milk tea. They began to prepare this concoction by merging whipped cream into milk that is garnished with a pinch of salt.
The cheese foam has been very popular in Japan, Taiwan, Malaysia, and is followed by a largely Asian audience. It may sound strange to hear the combination of cheese and beverage. However, this pairing appears to be a hearty combination and is greatly welcomed in most countries.
Moreover, it is gaining popularity and becoming a trend-setting beverage all over the world. Enhance your regular beverages by adding some of your tweaks to your recipe.
What Is The Flavor And Taste Of Cheese Foam?
When it comes to the flavor and taste of the cheesy foam, it is simply decadent. Its taste is similar to cheesecake-flavored milkshakes. The cheesy foam is mostly paired with matcha green tea, bubble tea, red bean milk tea, or coffee.
Talking about the texture, the cheesy foam is creamy, thick, and frothy. You can leave the cheesy foam sitting on top of your base drink or any tea. Sip up the cheesy goodness and relish the frothy texture.
With its name, it’s easy to assume the cheesy foam will be loaded with cheesy flavors. However, it is slightly sweet with a hint of a savory blend. While making the cheesy foam, it is garnished with a dash of salt for a zesty tang.
How To Make Cheese Foam At Home?
If you are looking to level up your beverage experience, try a refreshing drink topped with cheese foam at home. Making it in your kitchen is a child’s play. You will love learning the process of how to make the cheese foam topping.
Preparing this trendy topping of cheese foam requires just a few ingredients. The elements can be purchased at any nearby local grocery store. Gather the ingredients and get started preparing the cheese foam.
Combine the cream cheese, whipped cream, milk, and sugar evenly. Once the texture is frothy enough to sit on the top of your drinks, then you are good to go! I have added a list of the right equipment, ingredients, some tips, and nutritional facts below.
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Cheese Foam?
- Stand Mixer – Beat the whipping cream nicely using a stand mixture.
- Bowl – Combine sugar with milk and cream cheese in a bowl.
- Whisk – Whisk all the elements evenly together.
- Coffee Mug – Serve the coffee in a glass mug topped with rich cheese foam.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Cheese Foam?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|5 Minutes||5 Minutes||10 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Cheese Foam?
- Cream Cheese – The cream cheese is combined with whipped cream for better results. It adds a tangy and mildly sweet flavor to the cheese foam. Use half a cup of cream cheese at room temperature.
- Whipping Cream – Whipped cream is used to make a rich and frothy topping for cakes, pies, or beverages. If you wish to use any other substitute, coconut milk or soy milk-olive oil mixture are plausible options.
- Milk – Either you can use boiled milk or condensed milk to combine with sugar and cream cheese. The fat in the milk will help you to form a frothy texture.
- Sugar – Adding sugar to prepare the cheese foam is essential. It increases the viscosity of fluids. Make sure to add standard sugar instead of powdered. Grained sugar will result in better consistency of the cheese foam.
- Salt – Add a pinch of salt to your taste.
Steps To Make Cheese Foam
Take a bowl to combine the elements. First, add sugar, milk, and cream cheese to whisk. Merge the three of them until smooth. Make sure to get rid of lumps.
2. Next Step
Further, in a separate bowl, beat the whipping cream to form stiff peaks. Using a stand mixer, blend the cream cheese mixture with the whipping cream. Mix until the mixture is creamy, thick, and frothy. Finally, add a pinch of salt and mix it well to serve.
Pour a dollop of cheese foam on top of your favorite drinks or tea. We topped it over our cold coffee. You can top it with Boba tea, oolong drink, or some slushies. The choice is yours.
Cooking Tips To Make Cheese Foam
To achieve the best results, follow some cooking tips and tricks.
- The Correct Tools – It is an intense process to prepare the desired cheese foam consistency. The best way to get it done right is to use proper tools or equipment. With a stand mixer, make the process easier and quicker. A stand mixer with a hand-held tool will be the best option.
- Don’t overwhip the whipping cream – Just whip up only to form peaks so that it doesn’t impact the texture of the foam. The consistency of the cheese foam should not be runny at all.
- Overmixing Can Be Bad – Overmixing is as bad as over whipping. Follow down the recipe to know the perfect consistency of the cheese foam at each stage.
How Will Cheese Foam Look And Taste Like?
The cheese foam looks appealing with a thick, creamy, and frothy texture. It can easily sit on the top of your all favorite drinks. With sweet and mild savory flavors, this cheese foam is delightful. Top the rich and flavored cheese foam with your favorite beverages.
Cheese Foam Recipe
- Stand Mixer
- Coffee Mug
- ½ cup Cream Cheese
- ½ cup Whipping Cream
- ½ cup Milk
- tablespoon Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- Take a bowl, and add cream cheese and sugar. Mix it well and immediately pour half a cup of milk.
- Combine three of them evenly until it is soft and smooth.
- Set it aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the whipping cream until you see the peaks forming.
- Merge the cream cheese mixture with the whipped cream. Stir in well and mix with a stand mixer until the foam is frothy, thick, and creamy.
- The final result and consistency of the cheese foam should be light, creamy, and frothy. The better the consistency, the more easily it can sit atop the beverages.
- For beautification, spoon out the cheese foam on your favorite drink or tea.
- Serve and enjoy!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is salted cheese foam?
The salted cheese foam is a creamy and cheesy foam layered on top of the drinks. A dash of salt sprinkled on top makes it salted cheese foam.
Who invented cheese foam?
The idea of cheese foam was first introduced in the vendor markets of Taiwan. The concoction began with powdered cheese whipped into milk.
Is cheese foam sweet?
Cheese foam has a mildly sweet flavor along with some notes of savory sharpness.
Is milk foam the same as cheese foam?
Milk foam and cheese foam look similar. However, they are two different things. Milk foam tea includes only frothed milk on top, whereas the cheese foam is made using cream cheese. That results in thick and cheesy foam.
Get your hands on this amazing cheese foam. You will find all the relevant details in the above article. Share your experience with us in the comment section below.