Gobbling down burgers is what I enjoy the most, when I am hungry. The recipe for the western burger is what I am going to share today, so you can do the same. Anyone can make this sandwich within 30 minutes.
The western burger is all about amazing flavors with crunchy onion rings. It can be served as an evening snack. You will love the tanginess of this recipe.
To make a Western burger, mix bacon and beef in a bowl and make patties. Cook the patties for 8 to 10 minutes on a rill. Meanwhile, fry onion rings in a frying pan.
Layer the buns with cooked patties, BBQ sauce, cheese, and onion. Your burger is ready.
For evenly cooked burgers, make an indentation in the middle of each burger prior to grilling. Broil these patties, if looking for another way. Alternatively, you can add onion rings without frying.
For the best flavors, you can also cook the buns on a grill, until brown and crispy. You can also add spices of your choice in patties. Make sure, patties are cooked well for more beefy flavor.
In order to make this burger perfectly, check out step-by-step instructions and ingredients that I have used to make this recipe. Also, if you like the recipe, don’t forget to share it with your friends and family.
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Western Burger?
- Grill – You will need a grill to make patties as it will help caramelize the meat and add smoky flavors.
- Frying Pan – Fry the onion rings in a frying pan until golden brown and crispy.
- Bowl – Mix sliced and crumbled bacon and beef in a bowl for the patties.
- Knife – Mince the beef and bacon and cut the onion into rings using a knife.
- Chopping Board – Chop the meat and cut the onion on a chopping board for the recipe.
- Spatula – Brown the patties from both the sides by flipping it using a spatula.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Western Burger?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|10 Minutes||8 Minutes||18 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Western Burger?
- Ground Beef – I have made the patties from ground beef for a super flavorful, and juicy burger.
- Bacon – Cooked and crumbled bacon will add a salty, umami, and sweet taste to the burger.
- BBQ Sauce – Squeeze barbecue sauce on the patties to add a sweetness to the burger, giving it rich and thick flavors.
- Cheddar Cheese – Shred your cheese instead of buying the pre-shredded one to add a kick of sharp and pungent flavor.
- Vegetable Oil – Brown the onion rings and grill the patties until juicy with a splash of olive oil.
- Onion Rings – Fry the onion rings until golden brown to give an ultra-toasty, salty, and umami punch taste to the Western burger.
- Hamburger Buns – Use hamburger buns as they are far more filling than slices of bread and tend to make sandwiches more appealing.
Steps To Make Western Burger
1. Shape Up The Patties
Start by mincing and crumbling beef and bacon. Cut your onion into rings before you start frying. Simply cut the onion into ¼-inch slices, then use your hands to separate the slices into rings.
Take a bowl and put minced and crumbled beef and bacon. Mix together and divide them into four equal portions.
Make the patties using your hands to grill them evenly. After shaping the beef and bacon mixture into a 1/2-inch-thick by 3-inch-wide patty, place it on a grill.
Cook the patties for 8 to 10 minutes on each side until brown.
2. Western Burger Is Ready
Meanwhile, take a frying pan and heat some oil. Once heated, fry onion rings until it gets golden brown.
Take a hamburger bun and slice it in half. Put the cooked patties, onion rings, grated cheese, and pour the BBQ sauce on the bottom layer.
Cover it with the other slice and serve it with a bottle of coke.
|Saturated Fat||15 g|
|Trans Fat||1 g|
|Vitamin A||827 iu|
|Vitamin C||8 mg|
How Will Western Burger Look And Taste Like?
Western burger is made with thick and juicy burgers, topped with thick bacon, homemade onion strings, and BBQ sauce. It has the most delicious flavor and texture combo, that is extremely satiating.
Besides the usual seasoning, onion imparts flavor to the burger. The BBQ will help bind the meat filet and the bun giving the burger a creaminess and a bit of zing.
Western Burger Recipe
- 2 pound Ground Beef
- 8 slices Bacon
- 8 tablespoons BBQ Sauce
- 4 slices Cheddar Cheese
- 2 tablespoons Vegetable Oil
- 8 Onion Rings (frozen)
- 4 Hamburger Buns
- Start by mincing and crumbling beef and bacon into small pieces in a bowl.
- Cut your onion into rings before you start frying into ¼-inch slices. Then use your hands to separate the slices into rings.
- Mix together beef and bacon and divide them into four equal portions.
- Make the patties using your hands to grill them evenly.
- After shaping the beef and bacon mixture into a 1/2-inch-thick by 3-inch-wide patty, place it on a grill.
- Cook the patties for 8 to 10 minutes on each side until brown.
- Meanwhile, take a frying pan and heat some oil. Once heated, fry onion rings until it gets golden brown.
- Take a hamburger bun and slice it in half.
- Put the cooked patties, onion rings, grated cheese, and pour the BBQ sauce on the bottom layer.
- Cover it with the other slice and serve it with a bottle of coke.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What does a Western burger have?
Charbroiled all-beef patty, two strips of bacon, melted American cheese, crispy onion rings, and tangy BBQ Sauce on a seeded bun.
Does McDonald’s have a Western burger?
The McDonald’s Western BBQ Quarter is made with the following: Quarter Pounder Beef Patty: 100% pure beef and sustainable. Sesame Seed Bun. Processed Cheese Slice.
When did the Western burger come out?
The sandwich was introduced in 1983, and has since become so successful that it has spawned variations, from a junior version to the monstrous double, both of which are included here in my Carl’s Jr. Follow thefoodxp.com for Western burger recipe.
Who makes the Western burger?
It’s one of the most-loved burgers from Carl’s Jr or Hardee’s and once you try it you’ll understand exactly why!! Delicious layers of crisp onion rings, beef patties, melted cheese, bacon, and tangy barbecue sauce make an out-of-this-world Western bacon cheeseburger!
Can I make these burgers with other meats?
I love using ground beef for these BBQ burgers, but you can make them with ground chicken or turkey if you prefer. Chicken and turkey have less fat, so they won’t be quite as juicy but they’ll still be delicious.
Homemade Western burger is easy to make and grilled to perfection every time. Kick everyday burgers up a notch with the addition of sweet and smoky BBQ flavor!
Even your picky eaters won’t be able to pass up these burgers. They’re a great option for game day, too!