Wendy’s Taco Salad is one of the famous salads by Wendy’s. It’s probably the healthiest combination to serve with tacos. I love this salad for the element of freshness in it with a contrast of flavors from Wendy’s chili. You can easily try this recipe at home.
Wendy’s is a famous American chain of restaurants. They are famous for many food items, including salads. I’ve enjoyed this salad several times at Wendy’s. But with this recipe, you can also make this salad in the comfort of your home. It’s equally delicious and healthy. In case you want a low-sodium and low-fat version of this salad, have a look at the notes provided further down.
To make Wendy’s taco salad, add cooked ground beef, onions, celery, garlic cloves, pinto beans, kidney beans, olive oil, crushed tomato, chili powder, pepper, and salt to make Wendy’s chili. Place fresh hand-cut lettuce on a plate. Place diced tomatoes and Wendy’s chili on it. Garnish with shredded cheddar cheese, tortilla chips, sour cream, and salsa.
Below are the step-by-step instructions to make Wendy’s taco salad. Also, have a look at the similar video provided down the recipe card. Don’t forget to rate the recipe if you like it. You can also save it for later or some special occasion breakfasts. But before you read out the entire recipe, check out other appetizing salads from our blog.
1. Cherry Jello Salad– Cherry jello salad can be enjoyed as a salad and a dessert. This dessert-salad is filled with the flavors of cherry, fruity gelatin, berries, and other fruits. It’s a perfect dish to be enjoyed at a celebration meal.
2. Cranberry Gelatin Salad– Cranberry gelatin salad is a delicious Thanksgiving salad that can be served as a dessert and salad. It has cherry-flavored jello mix and cranberry sauce mixed with pineapples. Chopped pecan added to it give a nutty and crunchy twist to the salad.
3. Ice Water Salad– Ice water salad is a make-ahead salad filled with nutrition and flavors of walnuts, parmesan, lemon juice, and veggies. This salad is kept in an ice bath and is dressed in anchovy paste and garlic.
4. Roasted Squash Salad– Roasted squash salad has roasted squash with fresh arugula, pepitas, and goat cheese. It’s a healthy salad dressed in Balsamic vinegar. It’s filled with the flavors of vinegar, veggies, and seasoning spices like salt and pepper.
Wendy’s Taco Salad Recipe
For Wendy's Chili
- 1 pound Ground beef (extra lean)
- 1 can Pinto beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1 can Kidney beans (rinsed and drained)
- 2 Yellow onions (diced)
- 3 stalks Celery (fine chopped)
- 2 Garlic cloves
- 1 cup Beef broth
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- 1 can Crushed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon Chili powder
- 1 teaspoon Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Coriander
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Pepper
- Dried oregano
- Sugar (optional)
- Cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 bunch Romaine lettuce (chopped)
- 1 beefsteak Tomato (chopped)
- 1/2 cup Cheddar cheese (shredded)
- Tortilla chips (to serve)
- Sour cream (for topping)
- Salsa (for topping)
- Brown the ground beef in a skillet.
- Add onions, celery, pinto beans, kidney bean, crushed tomatoes, chili powder, cumin, beef broth, olive oil, coriander, pepper, and oregano to the pot.
- Cover the pot and wait while it simmers for 1 to 1.5 hours, stirring every 15 minutes. Your Wendy's chili is ready.
- Put 6 ounces of lettuce on each plate. Add 1 cup of warm chili on top of lettuce.
- Garnish the salad with shredded cheddar cheese, chopped tomatoes, tortilla chips, sour cream, and 2 teaspoons salsa.
- Your Wendy's taco salad is ready.
- If you want to store this salad for 3-5 days, add chili at the bottom of the mason jars. Then layer cheese, tomatoes, lettuce, and pack tortilla chips in a separate bag. This way veggies remain fresh for 3-5 days in the refrigerator.
- You can use Wendy’s chili in a variety of other meals.
- If you want lesser calories, you can avoid tortilla chips in the recipe. This salad is delicious without tortilla chips too.
- You can use non-fried corn tortilla chips for lesser calories.
- To have a low-sodium and low-fat version of this salad: Use low-sodium beef broth, low-fat cheese, low-fat sour cream. Also, drain and rinse the canned beans to make sure the sodium is reduced.
- You can substitute extra-lean ground beef with a leaner protein like chicken or turkey.