Wendy’s baconator is the ultimate juicy bacon burger. Packed with crispy bacon and beef slices, it looks glorious and tastes delicious. You can make this copycat Wendy’s baconator at home in no time. Let me help you with the full recipe for making the exact baconator.
With Wendy’s famous baconator you may learn how much Americans love bacon. So, it’s better to break out the good quality bacon. If it is possible, choose applewood smoked bacon thin slices. It has a sweet and mild smoky flavor. For making Wendy’s baconator you need ground beef, bacon, mayonnaise, ketchup, and cheddar cheese.
The cheesy flavors are well emulsified with the fancy mayonnaise. In case you wonder about fancy mayonnaise, it is mixed with herbal and savory flavors of chives and black garlic. All the nutrition and flavors are stacked up in one bun, and that is baconator.
Above all, you can find bacon burgers in any food chain, but baconator is only served at Wendy’s. Now let’s jump in to know the detailed recipe of copycat Wendy’s baconator. Customize baconator in your kitchen with the help of our recipe article. All the details are mentioned below. But before you read out the entire recipe, check out other Wendy’s copycat recipes from our website.
1. Wendy’s Taco Salad – Craving a taco when on a diet? Make Wendy’s taco salad for yourself. Just top some taco chips with chili, lettuce, and salsa. If you’re not on a die, just add some cheese and a generous dollop of sour cream.
2. Wendy’s Chili – Looking for the best chili recipe? Well, your search ends here. Wendy’s chili is a delicious mixture of beef, beans, vegetables, and spices. All the flavors come together to give you the best bowl of chili you ever had.
3. Wendy’s Frosty – Wendy’s frosty is a drink known for its smooth and delicious taste. It is also fun to make. Just blend some condensed milk and cool whip with yummy frozen chocolate cubes. In the end, you’ll have a delicious frosty dessert drink, all to yourself.
4. Wendy’s Seasoned Potatoes – Wendy’s seasoned potatoes are crispy, flavorful, and baked. The potatoes are cut into wedges and then seasoned with herbs and spices. Then, they are baked to give you those beautiful golden-baked wedges.
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Wendy’s Baconator?
- Bowls – Prepare the dough in a large bowl. Moreover, take another small bowl to mix the mayonnaise with chives and black garlic.
- Grilling Pan – Grill the beef patty and bacon slices on the grilling pan.
- Basting Brush – Use the basting brush to slather the melted butter on the dough balls.
- Oven – Put the dough balls in the oven to bake the baconator bun.
- Parchment Paper – The parchment sheet will not let the dough get stuck.
- Cling Film – Cover the dough with a cling film while resting.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Wendy’s Baconator?
|Preparation Time||Resting Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|10 Minutes||15 Minutes||25 Minutes||50 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Wendy’s Baconator?
For Baconator Bun
- Bread Flour – Take a cup of bread flour to make the fresh baconator bun.
- Whole Milk – Use lukewarm milk to mix it with the yeast.
- Instant Yeast – The instant yeast will help in raising the dough.
- Salt – Add a teaspoon of salt to the dough mixture.
- Sugar – Sugar will help in the speedy raising of dough. Add a teaspoon of sugar.
- Egg – Take one whole egg and an egg yolk. Eggs will help in binding the dough evenly.
- Butter – While kneading the dough add a teaspoon of melted butter. It will retain moisture and give a smooth texture to the dough.
For The Filing
- Ground Beef – Make a beef patty for the filling by using the ground beef.
- Bacon – Grill the bacon slices for the crispy crunch to the baconator.
- Ketchup – Slather some ketchup on the baconator bun.
- Mayonnaise – Adding mayonnaise will bring out the juicy flavors to the baconator.
- Chives – Slice the chives thinly and add them to the mayonnaise for herby and sweet flavors.
- Black Garlic – Make a paste of black garlic and add it to the mayonnaise. It has a tang of tamarind and slight umami flavors.
- Salt – Season the mayonnaise with salt to your taste.
- Black Pepper – Black pepper goes well for seasoning.
- Cheddar Cheese – Take some cheddar cheese slices to top up the beef patties.
Steps To Make Wendy’s Baconator
When you prepare Wendy’s baconator at home, it is good to have your homemade baconator bun. For making the bun take a bowl, add bread flour, activated yeast mixed with warm milk, salt, and sugar. Knead the dough nicely until it is well combined. Add a teaspoon of melted butter and slather it all over the surface of the dough. Let it rest for 15 minutes.
2. Flame Game
Take some ground beef roll it out in the shape of a square. Place the beef patty and bacon slices to grill. Simultaneously knead the rested dough for 2-3 minutes and make small bowls of the dough. Place the dough balls on the parchment paper. Slather melted butter on the top and put it in the oven to bake at 350℉ for 18 minutes. Meanwhile, put the cheese slices on the top of the beef patty. Cover it with foil o a lid and let it melt with steam.
Now it’s time to put together everything. In a small bowl, add mayonnaise, black garlic, salt, black pepper, and chives. Whisk it nicely. Slather some on the bottom baked baconator bun. Place the beef patty with melted cheese on the top. Then, the bacon slices can be followed by another beef patty and some bacon. Drizzle the ketchup and close with the other half of the bun.
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|
How Will Wendy’s Baconator Look And Taste Like?
Wendy’s baconator made at home looks fresh, tall, creamy, and delicious. The crispy beef patty and bacon add the crunch to each bite. The ooey-gooey cheesy flavors will satiate your cravings. Above all, the fancy mayonnaise made with chives and garlic adds juicy flavors to the baconator.
Wendy’s Baconator Recipe
- Basting Brush
- Grilling Pan
- Parchment Paper
- Cling film
- 1 cup Bread Flour
- 2 tablespoons Whole Milk
- teaspoon Yeast
- teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- 2 Egg
- 1 teaspoon Butter
For The Filing
- 200 g Ground Beef
- 6 slices Bacon (applewood smoked)
- 2 slices Cheddar Cheese
- 1 teaspoon Ketchup
- 2 tablespoon Mayonnaise
- 2 sprigs Chives
- 2 cloves Black Garlic
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper
- Prepare the dough by using bread flour, activated yeast, salt, butter, and sugar.
- Cover the dough with cling film. Let it rest for 15 minutes.
- Make the dough balls with the rested dough and put them in the oven to bake at 350℉ for 18 minutes.
- Simultaneously, grill the beef patty and bacon slices. Top the beef patty with the cheddar cheese slices. Let the cheese melt with the steam by covering it.
- For the mayonnaise spread, take a bowl to add chives, black garlic, salt, and pepper to the mayonnaise. Your fancy mayonnaise with sweet and tangy flavors will be ready.
- Assemble everything; slather the mayonnaise and ketchup on the bottom bun. Put the beef and bacon slices. Repeat it twice for two layers of the patty.
- If you wish to have one layer, add only one beef patty.
- Close the baconator with the other half of the bun.
- Serve your homemade Wendy’s baconator with chilled beverages!
Frequently Asked Questions(FAQs)
1. What is Wendy’s Baconator made of?
Wendy’s baconator is made of fresh beef patty, applewood smoked bacon slices, cheese, ketchup, and mayonnaise.
2. What’s the difference between a Baconator and a son of a Baconator?
The regular baconator is loaded with loaded beef patties and bacon slices. However, the son of baconator is the smaller alternative with fewer beef patties and bacon.
3. Does Wendy’s use real bacon?
Wendy’s is known for the quality fresh food they serve, the bacon used at Wendy’s is fresh and never frozen.
4. What kind of cheese does Wendy’s use on their baconator fries?
Wendy’s uses creamy cheese sauce and cheddar cheese while making their baconator.
Get ready and make this copycat Wendy’s baconator. Refer to the article and know all the important tips now. Don’t forget to share your experience with us in the comments section below.