Have you ever thought of making something from the peel of watermelon? I don’t think you might have, as most of the people think it is a waste. One day, I was eating watermelon and I thought to make something from Watermelon Rind.
I searched over the internet and got to know that the watermelon rind is actually very good for health. It reduces blood pressure and is rich in fiber. These rinds also help in strengthening immunity. And if you are trying to lose weight, then these watermelon rinds can really help you surely.
To make watermelon rind candy, boil the watermelon rind in water repeatedly several times. Add sugar, lemon peel and water to a saucepan and cook it. Add rinds to this mixture and cook until tender. Take out the rind and let it cool in an airtight container and your watermelon rind candy is ready.
But first, let’s check out other candy recipes that you might also like.
1. Cherry Sours Candy– I am here with the cherry sours candy recipe. After hearing this thing, you must be excited to recall your childhood days. Today, I will help you recall the good ol’ days with this recipe.
2. Lemon Drop Candy– What was your favorite candy as a kid? Well, mine was the lemon drop candy. I loved them so much that I used to have them almost every day. Today, I will share the recipe for lemon drop candy with you.
3. Tamarind Candy– This tamarind candy recipe is actually very easy and you will need very few ingredients to complete this recipe. This recipe will take you back to your childhood days.
4. Orange Candy– A homemade candy made by boiling oranges and sugar to create impressive sweet citrus treats. You’ll love this easy sweet treat.
Ingredients For Watermelon Rind Candy
- 4 cups of Watermelon Rind
- 1-1/4 cup Water
- 2 tablespoon Salt
- 2 cups Sugar
- 1 Peeled Lemon
These ingredients are very easy to collect and you will get all these from your local retailer very easily. It takes hours to make these amazing candies at home. So I’ve mentioned the exact time durations below.
How Much Time It Will Take To Make Watermelon Rind Candy?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|4 Hours||1 Hours||5 Hours|
Now is the turn of my favorite part. Yes, you are correct! let’s start making these beautiful Watermelon Rind candies.
Steps To Make Watermelon Rind Candy
- In a pot, boil the rinds with water for 5 minutes and cover the pot. Drain the water after boiling.
- When the rinds are boiled, cool them and cover them with brine water and salt. Set aside for 6 hours.
- Repeat the process several times and cover the rind with water until it tenders.
- Add sugar, water, and lemon peel in a saucepan. Cook the mixture until you drop a scoop in cold water and it forms a softball.
- In the mixture, add rinds, stir the mixture accordingly.
- Cook the mixture, the syrup forms a long thread and remove the rind.
- To coat the rind, place it in the sugar coating and store them in an airtight container for a long period.
Finally, Watermelon Rind Candy is ready. Make these candies at your home and I bet that your kids will love them.
Nutritional Breakdown of Of Watermelon Rind Candy
Talking about nutrition, these candies are not at all bad for you and your family. In fact, watermelon rind is really good for your health. Here is the nutritional composition of the recipe
How To Make Watermelon Rind Candy At Home | Video
This recipe can be made very easily but still, I will insist you to at least watch this video so that you can make it even better. Here is the video.
I hope this Candy recipe video will help you. Do try to make these candies at home and tell us about your experiences in the comment box below. Till then, stay safe and tune in for more such recipes.