Have you ever thought of making something from the peel of watermelon? I don’t think you might have, as most people think it is a waste. One day, I was eating watermelon and I thought to make something from Watermelon Rind.
I searched over the internet and got to know that the watermelon rind is actually very good for health. It reduces blood pressure and is rich in fiber. These rinds also help in strengthening immunity. And if you are trying to lose weight, then these watermelon rinds can really help you surely.
To make watermelon rind candy, boil the watermelon rind in water repeatedly several times. Add sugar, lemon peel and water to a saucepan and cook it. Add rinds to this mixture and cook until tender. Take out the rind and let it cool in an airtight container and your watermelon rind candy is ready.
But first, let’s check out other candy recipes that you might also like.
1. Cherry Sours Candy– I am here with the cherry sours candy recipe. After hearing this thing, you must be excited to recall your childhood days. Today, I will help you recall the good ol’ days with this recipe.
2. Lemon Drop Candy– What was your favorite candy as a kid? Well, mine was the lemon drop candy. I loved them so much that I used to have them almost every day. Today, I will share the recipe for lemon drop candy with you.
3. Tamarind Candy– This tamarind candy recipe is actually very easy and you will need very few ingredients to complete this recipe. This recipe will take you back to your childhood days.
4. Orange Candy– A homemade candy made by boiling oranges and sugar to create impressive sweet citrus treats. You’ll love this easy sweet treat.
What's In The Post
Watermelon Rind Candy Recipe
- 4 cups Watermelon Rind
- 1 ¼ cup Water
- 2 tbsp Salt
- 2 cups Sugar
- 1 Peeled Lemon
- In a pot, boil the rinds with water for 5 minutes and cover the pot. Drain the water after boiling.
- When the rinds are boiled, cool them and cover them with brine water and salt. Set aside for 6 hours.
- Repeat the process several times and cover the rind with water until it tenders.
- Add sugar, water, and lemon peel in a saucepan. Cook the mixture until you drop a scoop in cold water and it forms a softball.
- In the mixture, add rinds, stir the mixture accordingly.
- Cook the mixture, the syrup forms a long thread and remove the rind.
- To coat the rind, place it in the sugar coating and store them in an airtight container for a long period.
I hope this Candy recipe video will help you. Do try to make these candies at home and tell us about your experiences in the comment box below. Till then, stay safe and tune in for more such recipes.