The watermelon feta flag salad is an array of flavors and colors. With bright red and white ingredients arranged as such, they form the flag. This salad is a great one to make on the Fourth of July.
The watermelon feta flag salad incorporates fruits, vegetables and cheese along with other condiments to make it a festive and flavorful salad. It has it all, the nutrition, the taste, the flag and the summer vibes.
To make the watermelon feta flag salad, first, make the vinaigrette. Toss the arugula with 1/4 cup of the vinaigrette and arrange in a rectangular dish. Make the stars using blueberries and the stripes with watermelon and feta cubes. Drizzle the remaining vinaigrette over the salad and serve.
This was just a snippet of the recipe. You will find the complete recipe down below, along with other important information. Let’s start with listing the ingredients.
Ingredients For Watermelon Feta Flag Salad
- 1/4 cup Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 1 tablespoon grated Lemon Zest
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Pepper
- 1/3 cup Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup Onion (finely chopped)
- 6 cups fresh Arugula
- 1 1/2 cups fresh Blueberries
- 5 cups seedless Watermelon (cubed)
- 1 package Feta Cheese (cubed)
These were the ingredients you’ll need to make this salad. These ingredients are good for 12 servings. Let’s check the time needed to make this salad.
How Much Time Will It Take To Make Watermelon Feta Flag Salad?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|25 Minutes||–||25 Minutes|
As this is a salad, you won’t have to cook it. To know more about it, let’s move to the steps of making it.
Steps To Make Watermelon Feta Flag Salad
- In a small bowl, mix the vinegar, mustard lemon zest, sugar, salt and pepper. Then, add in the olive oil, whisking this mix. Also, add the onion and stir it in.
- In a large bowl, toss in the arugula and 1/4 cup of the vinaigrette in the small bowl. Arrange the arugula evenly in a rectangular-shaped dish.
- To make the stars of the flag, put the blueberries on the arugula in the top left corner of the dish.
- For making the stripes, make alternative rows of watermelon and feta cubes, starting and ending with the watermelon row. Drizzle the remaining vinaigrette all over the arrangement.
With this, your watermelon feta flag salad is ready. Serve it fresh and enjoy. Let’s check the nutritional content of this salad.
Nutritional Breakdown Of Watermelon Feta Flag Salad
Here is the nutritional breakdown of this recipe.
I hope you enjoyed this recipe. If you have any suggestions or queries, leave it in the comments. I’ll try my best to help you out. Till then, happy eating!