The watermelon feta flag salad is an array of flavours and colours. With bright red and white ingredients arranged as such, they form the flag. This salad is a great one to make on the Fourth of July.
The watermelon feta flag salad combines fruits, vegetables and cheese along with other condiments to make it a festive and flavorful salad. It has it all, the nutrition, the taste, the American flag and the summer vibes.
To make the watermelon feta flag salad, first, make the vinaigrette. Toss the arugula with 1/4 cup of the vinaigrette and arrange it in a rectangular dish. Make the stars using blueberries and the stripes with watermelon and feta cubes. Drizzle the remaining vinaigrette over the salad and serve.
This was just a snippet of the recipe. You will find the complete recipe down below, along with other important information. But before going to the full recipe, let’s check out some other healthy salads as well.
1. Taco Salad Flag– This is a dish that has its origin in Texas. This salad is also known as the 4th of July Taco Salad because people usually make it during the national holiday across America.
2. Oxheart Tomato With Basil Salad– Oxheart tomato with basil salad is a great salad to make. Oxheart tomato with basil salad is less time-consuming as well as simple to make. It does not require a lot of ingredients and is not difficult to put together.
3. Grilled Halloumi And Vegetables– Halloumi is a type of semi-hard unripe cheese. It is a great source of calcium, zinc, and several other nutrients too. It tastes best when grilled or fried. It retains its shape even grilled or fried. So, I am sharing the recipe for grilled halloumi and vegetables.
4. Gem Lettuce And Walnut Salad– If you want a simple salad that is fresh and crunchy, then the gem lettuce and walnut salad is the perfect one for you. It has a minced shallot seasoning with walnut oil and crunchy roasted walnuts.
Watermelon Feta Flag Salad Recipe
- ¼ cup Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 tbsp Grated Lemon Zest
- 1 tsp Sugar
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Pepper
- ⅓ cup Olive Oil
- ¼ cup Chopped Onion
- 6 cups Fresh Arugula
- 1 ½ cups Fresh Blueberries
- 5 cups Seedless Watermelon
- 1 package Feta Cheese
- In a small bowl, mix the vinegar, mustard lemon zest, sugar, salt and pepper. Then, add in the olive oil, whisking this mix. Also, add the onion and stir it in.
- In a large bowl, toss in the arugula and 1/4 cup of the vinaigrette in the small bowl. Arrange the arugula evenly in a rectangular-shaped dish.
- To make the stars of the flag, put the blueberries on the arugula in the top left corner of the dish.
- For making the stripes, make alternative rows of watermelon and feta cubes, starting and ending with the watermelon row. Drizzle the remaining vinaigrette all over the arrangement.
I hope you enjoyed this recipe. If you have any suggestions or queries, leave it in the comments. I’ll try my best to help you out. Till then, happy eating!