Wagyu beef is a kind of luxury beef and goes high in the food hierarchy. It is quite expensive and rare. If you lay hands on some, try to make a steak sandwich out of it. It goes great with caramelized onions and tastes best when grilled.
Zabuton means “little pillow” in Japanese. The steak is called so because it is soft and tender. The Wagyu Zabuton steak is marbled with fast. This steak is super easy to grill and the flavor is divine.
To make Wagyu Zabuton steak sandwiches, prepare the grill. Apply oil, salt, and pepper to the steak. Place a skillet on the grill and add onions, salt, pepper, soy sauce, and oil to it. Also, place the steak on the grill and cook each side for about 3 minutes. Then, toast the bread rolls. Also, mix horseradish and sour cream. Place steak, onions, and horseradish on the rolls.
This was just a snippet of the entire recipe. Find the complete recipe below. Also, there are a variety of breakfast recipes that you can try as well. Do check them as well.
1. Country Fried Ham– Country fried ham is a southern classic. The country-fried ham recipe that I am going to share today can be enjoyed on its own as well as clubbed with others.
2. Catfish Sandwich– This sandwich has a delicious fried catfish filling covered with spicy tartar sauce. This recipe is a healthy addition to your breakfast.
3. Funeral Sandwiches– These are ham and cheese baked sandwiches. They are perfect to be served as an appetizer or as lunchtime or a breakfast meal.
4. Strata– Strata is a casserole dish from American cuisine. It is made with bread, eggs, cheese, bacon, and vegetables. It is a fairly simple dish to make is delicious.
Wagyu Zabuton Steak Sandwich Recipe
- 2 Wagyu Zabuton Steaks
- ½ Sliced Onion
- 2 tbsp Soy Sauce
- ½ tbsp Prepared Horseradish
- ½ Sour Cream
- 2 Bread Rolls
- 1 tsp Salt and Black Pepper
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- Prepare a charcoal or wooden grill for cooking.
- Apply oil, salt, and black pepper on the Wagyu Zabuton steak.
- Preheat the skillet on the grill for 2 minutes. Add salt, pepper, onions, soy sauce, and a splash of oil in the skillet and stir. Cook the onions for about 8-10 minutes.
- While onions are cooking, place the steak on the grill and cook both sides till they turn brown for 3 minutes. Remove the steaks and onions from the grill and let them cool for about 10 minutes.
- Place the bread on the grill and cook for about 30 to 60 seconds. In a bowl, thoroughly mix horseradish and sour cream and set it aside.
- On one half of the bread roll, add horseradish sauce, onions, steak, and top with the other half of the roll.
- Wagyu Zabuton steak sandwich is ready to serve.
If you’ve liked this recipe, then I highly recommend to check out another steak recipe named Ruth’s Chris Steak Butter. Do try this recipe and let me know your experience in the comments below.