Eggs are a great source of protein. So I have come up with a recipe that is a delicious version to comprise eggs into your diet. The recipe I will be talking about today is Vietnamese Egg Rolls.
Many of you must be in a dilemma; what are Vietnamese Egg Rolls. To make you clear, they are different from a basic egg roll. They are made with wheat wrappers and deep-fried. They are also known as Chả giò. You can have them as a main dish accompanied by a sweet-spicy sauce. Or you can have them with some Vietnamese noodles.
Vietnamese Egg Rolls can be made starting with soaking the vermicelli and shiitake mushrooms in water. Do mince the mushrooms. Combine all the vermicelli, shiitake, pork, shrimp, carrot, shallot, fish sauce, sugar, salt, and pepper. Roll this filling in an egg wrapper. Deep fry them until they get golden brown. Serve hot.
Do not consider the above methods as a detailed method. You will get to know about the recipe in detail below. These rolls are really easy to make. You just need to follow the instructions precisely. Also, there are other recipes that you can have as starters, let’s check them out.
1. Scotch Eggs– Scotch eggs make for a very delicious and fulfilling breakfast. They are a great recipe if you are looking to do something different for your meal.
2. Bread and Butter Pickles– Bread and butter pickles are really cheap staple in household and this unique sweet and tangy taste of homemade bread and butter pickles is loved by so many people.
3. Egg Pakora– Egg Pakora is a North Indian recipe made with eggs, meat masala, gram flour or besan, chilli flakes, and dry mango powder.
4. Red Eggs– Chinese basically believes that the egg is the symbol of rebirth, new life, and fertility. These Red eggs are a traditional part of the Greek Easter and have a great significance.
Ingredients For Vietnamese Egg Rolls
- 1 cup Uncooked Bean Threads (cellophane noodles)
- 1 large Dried Shiitake Mushroom
- 1 pound Ground Pork
- ½ pound Shrimp, chopped
- 1 large Carrot (peeled and grated)
- 1 small shallot (minced)
- 2 ¼ teaspoons Vietnamese Fish Sauce
- 1 ¼ teaspoons White Sugar
- 1 ¼ teaspoons Salt
- 1 ¼ teaspoons Ground Black Pepper
- 24 Egg Roll Wrappers
- 1 Egg (beaten)
- Oil for Deep Frying
The ingredients can be fetched from any grocery store. But so remember to take a look in your kitchen as you may find some of them there too. Plan your visit accordingly. Check out the time you need to prepare this egg rolls.
How Much Time It Will Take To Prepare Vietnamese Egg Rolls?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Additional Time||Total Time|
|45 minutes||5 minutes||15 minutes||1 hour 15 minutes|
The cooking time of this recipe is only 5 minutes. Rest is just the time taken for the preparations. Well, let’s take a look at the preparations we need to make for this recipe.
Steps To Prepare Vietnamese Egg Rolls (Chả Giò)
- In a bowl full of warm water, soak vermicelli and shiitake mushrooms for 15 minutes. Drain them after they get pliable and mince shiitake.
- Take a large bowl. Add vermicelli, shiitake, pork, shrimp, carrot, shallots, fish sauce, salt and pepper in it and toss them.
- Place 1 egg roll wrapper on the flat surface. Take 2 tablespoons of filling and spread it in the center of the roll wrapper. Fold one corner over the filling and then fold the side corners over the filling. Brush some egg on the top corner of the wrapper and seal it.
- Heat some oil in a deep-fryer or large saucepan to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Fry the egg roll till they turn golden brown. This may take 5-8 minutes. Drain them on a paper towel.
- Serve hot.
It is a quick recipe to make if the preparations are done beforehand. You can even add shredded cabbage to the filling. Make a double batch of these as you can freeze them for later consumption. To make the more flavorful, you can add crab meat to the filling. This will be a great variation of the rolls.
Nutritional Breakdown Of Vietnamese Egg Rolls
The nutritional details of this recipe are below in the table. See the table below and keep a check on the quantity of various nutritional elements present in it.
How To Make Vietnamese Egg Rolls At Home | Video
Do refer to the video I have uploaded to help you in every step of the recipe.
Is there still any question in your mind regarding the recipe? If yes, then leave your question in the comment section below. I will try to make every detail clear with my best knowledge. You can check other recipes like this, which are easy to make, in our Starters section. I hope you like them as much as we like them sharing with you. Have a good day!