Ever tried any Vietnamese dish? This cuisine is different from others because of its unique and fascinating cooking techniques and skills. They have a different approach to making their recipes with all the ingredients common that we see in any other recipe that we taste. Other than their unique style, they have a complete balance in their food. Perfect balancing of aroma, ingredients, flavors and that fish sauce which they include in most of the recipes. Today, I will be sharing such a unique Vietnamese dish with you guys that I know all of you foodies will love. So, are you guys ready for it?
The dish that I am about to share is an excellent choice for almost every single occasion that you have in your life. The name Vietnamese egg roll knows this recipe. This roll is a combination of pork, some Jicamas and bean thread noodles wrapped in between the egg roll sheets and then deep-fried until crispy. This sounds so amazing.
This roll has a charismatic taste and will make you feel like you are having a combination of both American and Asian food at the same time. So, ready to have it? Let’s not waste much of the time and move straight towards the recipe.
Ingredients for Vietnamese Egg Roll
|Egg Roll Wrappers||1 pack|
|Ground Pork||1 pound|
|Bean Thread Noodles||½ cup|
|Wood Ear Mushrooms||⅛ cup|
The list given above has all the ingredients you will need for this delicious Vietnamese Egg Roll to make them at your home. I think you will easily find them at any supermarket that you have in your area. After getting the ingredients, start your preparations and get ready for the next procedure.
How Much Time Will it Take?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|40 Minutes||30 Minutes||1 Hour 10 Minutes|
You have to wait a little bit to complete this recipe as the time involved is a little more than expected. This is all because of folding and filling up the egg roll sheets with the fillings that we have to prepare. Don’t worry; this recipe will be all worth the time you invested and I am sure you will not regret your decision.
After discussing all the necessary steps and the various details about this Vietnamese egg roll, finally, now, it’s time to get up and start cooking in the kitchen. Are you guys excited? I am very much excited because I know how delicious and tempting these Vietnamese egg rolls will be. Follow the procedure given below and make these delightful rolls at home.
Vietnamese Egg Roll Recipe
- Take a pot and fill it with some hot water. Add the bean thread noodles and mushrooms to it and let them soak for about 30 minutes.
- Chop the onions and take out excess water by squeezing them. Season with some salt and microwave them to remove moisture present in them.
- After the noodles and mushrooms are tender, chop them with the help of a knife.
- Now take a large mixing bowl and add noodles, mushrooms, onion, salt, pepper, and sugar. Mix them well. Add pork and jicama can mix them along.
- Cook this mixture by placing the bowl into the microwave oven and check the salt and other seasonings that you think are not proper.
- After the filling is ready, fill it inside the egg rolls and seal them by applying water on its edges.
- Fry them until they turn golden brown and it will take about 12-16 minutes.
Here you go! Your Vietnamese egg rolls are ready and can now be served with any sauce or dip that you want.
Nutritional Breakdown of Vietnamese Egg Roll
The nutritional details of this recipe are below in the table. See the table below and keep a check on the quantity of various nutritional elements present in it.
How to Make Vietnamese Egg Roll at Home | Video
If you don’t know where to start from and have any confusion related to this recipe, here is a video that you can watch and clear all the doubts that you have.
After trying the Vietnamese egg roll, do share your reviews in the comment section. And for those who are having a query related to the recipe, please ask your questions in the comment section. I will revert you with the best possible solution. Enjoy your meal.