Venison meatloaf is an easy-to-make recipe. In current usage, the term venison is used to describe the meat of a deer or antelope. Venison has an earthy flavor. It is not as juicy as beef but is firmer.
Venison is richer in protein than any other red meat. Being non-farmed, venison isn’t full of antibiotics or steroids like some of the beef you buy today. Add to its list of health benefits venison is low in fat and cholesterol. It’s also high in nutrients like B vitamins, iron, and phosphorus.
To make Venison meatloaf, mix the venison with crackers, an egg, sugar, and spices. Put this mixture in a loaf pan and bake it for about 40 minutes. In a bowl, mix ketchup and brown sugar. Take the meatloaf out of the oven and apply the ketchup mixture over it. Bake it for 10 more minutes. Take it out and serve.
This is just an overview of the recipe. Find the complete recipe below. There are other main course recipes on our blog as well that you should also check.
1. Meatloaf With Oatmeal– Meatloaf with oatmeal is an easy and healthy recipe to make. The addition of oatmeal to the traditional meatloaf makes for a great revamp. It takes the same amount of time as the traditional meatloaf but it is just a bit better.
2. Escabeche Fish– This recipe is quite famous in the Asian, Mediterrane, and European regions. This seafood recipe that I will be sharing today goes by the name of Escabeche.
3. Grilled Lamb– The Garlic and Rosemary Lamb Chops are an easy dinner recipe made with a super fresh and flavorful marinade and grilled to perfection.
3. Venison Heart– A Deer Heart is one of the most underrated dishes. The reason behind this is some people may find eating the deer heart offensive and some enjoy it as a delicacy.
Classic Venison (Deer) Meatloaf Recipe
- 1 pound Ground Venison
- 1 tablespoon Brown Sugar
- 8 Saltine Crackers (crumbled)
- ½ teaspoon Dried Onion Flakes (minced)
- ¼ teaspoon Dried Cilantro
- 1 Egg (beaten)
- ½ teaspoon Spicy Brown Mustard
- 3 tablespoons Ketchup
- ½ teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 dash Cinnamon
- 1 dash Paprika
- Take a bowl and add vension in it along with crackers, egg, and brown sugar.
- Also, add paprika, thyme, cinnamon, mustard, garlic powder, cilantro, and onion flakes to it and mix everything well.
- Now, take a loaf pan and put this mixture in it.
- Preheat the oven at 175oC. Bake the mixture in it for around 30-40 minutes.
- In another bowl, put ketchup and brown sugar and mix well.
- When the meatloaf is properly baked, spread this ketchup-brown sugar mixture on it and again put it back in the oven for 10 minutes.