I was bored with regular breakfast and I wanted something excited. I told my mother to make something that I never ate and I saw my mother was very confused and she took out her recipe book for something unique.
She saw something in that recipe book and after a few minutes, she bought something full of vegetable and she represented it by saying Vegetable Uttapam. It is a south Indian simple delight, light appetite to start a perfect day. The cereal dough and a veggie topping make it a delicious savoury with simple sauces to keep you going.
I ate it and I found it very tasty and I thought to share the Vegetable Uttapam Recipe with my lovely people so, you will get something unique in breakfast or in any meal.
Come Let’s see how it will work.
Ingredients Required for Vegetable Uttapam Recipe
|Finely chopped carrot||½ medium unit|
|Chopped onion||1 medium unit|
|Chopped Capsicum||1 medium unit|
|Tomato||1 medium unit|
|Urad dal||1 cup|
|Chopped green chilies||2 units|
|Chopped coriander leaves||2 tbsp|
|Oil||Enough to cook utappam|
How Much Time It Will Take?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|10 minutes||25 minutes||35 minutes|
Vegetable Uttapam Recipe
- Mix chopped veggies, chilies and coriander leaves in a bowl.
- For batter preparation; soak urad dal and rice overnight then mash it all, add 2 tsp salt to it and keep it for fermentation for about 8-10 hours.
- On a pre heated non stick pan spread 1 tsp oil.
- Now spread the batter on it in a thick layer.
- Lay veggie mix on the spread batter and cook for 3 minutes on medium flame.
- Now apply oil on the veggie side of the Utappam and turn it upside down, let it cook on medium flame for 10-15 minutes.
- Serve hot.
Now serve this Uttapam with the regular tomato ketchup, a taste acceptable to all. This doesn’t even feel like protein-filled cereal served in front of you; because the topping would change it into a yummy, quick pizza for all to devour.
Nutritional Facts Of Vegetable Uttapam Recipe