Have you ever tried a terrine full of vegetables? A terrine that is full of different varieties of fresh vegetables. If not? Then today I will share with you all a recipe of Vegetable terrine which you all can easily try at your home.
My cousin’s sister has a habit of trying something new every weekend. One day, we were having a video call and at that time she was making this recipe in her kitchen.
I asked her about it and then I will come to know about this Vegetable terrine recipe. And trust me! Once you try this, you’ll definitely gonna fell in love with it.
Today, I am going to share this Vegetable terrine recipe with all of you. Come and see the ingredients we are going to use in our Vegetable terrine recipe.
Ingredients for Vegetable Terrine
|Large Beet greens or Ruby swiss chard||8|
|Salt and Pepper||as required|
|Cauliflower florets||4 oz|
|Green peas||4 oz|
|Red pepper (seeded)||4 oz|
|Parmesan Cheeze (grated)||2 oz|
|Heavy Cream||2 Cup|
You will get all these ingredients online or from your nearest supermarket. And let’s further proceed to the recipe.
How much time it will take?
|Prep time||Cook time||Total time||Servings|
|15 minutes||1 hour||1 hr 15 minutes||6-8|
This estimated time is for those people who are always in a hurry and won’t get much time to cook. According to this estimated time, you will be able to manage the other things.
Now, let’s move towards the final destination that is the recipe of Vegetable terrine.
Vegetable Terrine Recipe
- Boil water in a large pot and add salt in it.
- Clean out the beet greens and directly wash it under cold water to set their color. Dry it with tea towels and make sure there is no water left on the leaves.
- After that, take a terrine mold and considerately lay in the beet leaves to cover the bottom.
- In the pot of boiling salted water, cook cauliflower, peas, and carrot at a time. Remove the vegetables from the salted water and immediately rinse it with cold water.
- Meanwhile, roast the pepper, peel and cut it into pieces.
- This vegetable terrine has five layers, so you need to work with one vegetable at a time.
- First of all, what you need to do is put the cauliflower in the blender. Add one egg and 60 ml cream in the blender. Blend it until the puree becomes smooth. Set it outside in a bowl.
- Same is the procedure goes with the remaining vegetables. Put the last egg and 60 ml cream with Parmesan cheese in the blender and give it a quick blend. Sprinkle pepper and salt on each puree mixture.
- Don’t pour one layer of the mixture over the other mixture. Firstly, start with the carrot and spooning it out to the edges, next add cauliflower followed by the peas.
- Spoon the last parmesan mixture and end it with the red pepper. Fold the leaves over top to cover and bake the vegetable terrine in a water bath at 350 degrees F (for an hour).
- Put it outside from the bath and let it cool.
- Put it inside the refrigerator overnight which makes it completely set.
When you are going to serve it, cut it into slices, and serve accordingly. Now, your Vegetable Terrine Recipe is ready to serve. Have a great day with this mouthwatering recipe.
Nutritional Facts of Vegetable Terrine Recipe
If you are a gym-going person, this is the perfect table of nutrients for you, which will guide you accordingly.
How to make Vegetable Terrine Recipe | Video
If you are planning to try this Vegetable Terrine Recipe at your home so, this video will guide you and that guidance will make your task much easy.
Make sure to try this recipe with the directions mentioned before and share your cooking journey or experience with us in the comment section. We will definitely try to mention your journey and experience in our upcoming articles.
Have a great day!