The vegetable Manchurian is a delicious dish although a little time-consuming. You have to make Manchurian balls first. They can be made by mixing grated vegetables with flour and spices to make a dough. The dough is shaped into balls that are then deep-fried. The sauce is made of vegetables, sauces, and spices and is thick. The vegetable Manchurian is a great companion to fried rice.
The vegetable Manchurian is another gem from Indo-Chinese cuisine. The recipe for the sauce remains the same while the Manchurian balls can differ. Other than vegetables, the Manchurian balls can be made with chicken, prawns, fish, mutton, or cottage cheese.
To make vegetable Manchurian, mix carrot, cabbage, flour, chili sauce, bread crumbs, and salt in a bowl. Make balls of this mixture and deep fry them. Then, cook ginger, garlic, celery, and onion in a pan. Add soy and chili sauce, ketchup, sugar, salt, and cornflour paste to it. Cook the sauce until thick and then, add the deep-fried Manchurian balls. Lastly, add vinegar and cilantro.
This was just an overview of the recipe. Let’s see how to make it. There are other main course recipes on our blog as well that you should also check.
1. Thai Red Curry With Vegetables– The Thai red curry with vegetables is an excellent dish that’ll leave you craving for more. You’ll have a happy belly and a happier heart. It is rich, creamy, and also full of vegetables.
2. Makhani Mirch– This golden-colored dish with a titch of green would give you a pleasurable taste just like wearing beautiful jewels. Just as gold and green grace your looks now the same would grace your palate and satisfy your taste buds.
3. Shahi Kaju Aloo with Cream– This Mughalai Shahi Kaju Aloo Ki Sabzi is a rich creamy curry prepared with cashews, milk, and curd. The curry is a must-have on the dinner feast as it not only shows grandeur but is also flavorful.
4. Punjabi Aloo Baingan Sabzi– The most popular state in India that kind of reinvented the Aloo Baingan Sabzi recipe is Punjab. Every food item related to Punjab is just big and delicious. People usually enjoy the Aloo Baingan Sabzi with Chapati.
Vegetable Manchurian Recipe
For Manchurian Balls
- 1 Carrot (grated)
- 1 Cabbage (grated)
- 2 Bread Slices (crumbled)
- 1 tablespoon All-Purpose Flour
- 2 tablespoons Cornflour
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- Oil (enough to deep fry)
- 2 slices Garlic (grated)
- 1 teaspoon Ginger (grated)
- 1 teaspoon Celery Stems (chopped)
- 1 Green Chili (chopped)
- 2 Green Onions (chopped)
- ½ teaspoons Sugar
- 4 teaspoons Green Chili Sauce
- 4 teaspoons Soya Sauce
- 2 teaspoons Ketchup
- 2 cups Water
- 2 teaspoons White Vinegar
- Coriander Leaves (chopped) (to garnish)
Preparation of Manchurian balls
- In a bowl, mix the grated carrot and cabbage.
- Add bread crumbs, all-purpose flour, cornflour, green chili sauce, and salt to it. Make the dough by mixing all of them.
- Now, make medium-sized balls from this dough.
- Heat some oil in a pan and deep fry the veggie balls.
- Fry them until golden, then keep them aside in a plate.
Preparation of Gravy
- In a preheated pan, add a tablespoon of oil and let it heat.
- Now, add garlic, ginger, celery stems, green chilli, and green onions to it and cook them.
- In a bowl, mix chilli sauce, soy sauce, and ketchup. Add this sauce mixture to the pan as well.
- Then, add half a teaspoon salt and half a teaspoon sugar to it and mix well. Add 2 cups water to it and bring it to a boil.
- Meanwhile, mix cornflour with some water in a bowl to make a paste.
- Once the mixture in the pan starts boiling, slowly add the cornflour paste to it. Keep stirring as well. Cook it until it becomes thick.
- Then, add the manchurian balls to this thick sauce.
- Lastly, add white vinegar and cilantro to it. Cover it and remove the pan from heat. Keep it aside for five minutes and then serve.