I still remember when I was a child, if my family used to organize any party in our home, there was one food item without which the whole party seems incomplete and that was the Vegetable Gold Coins.
The name of this dish seems like a treasure and to be honest, from the taste, the dish is an absolute treasure. The Vegetable Gold Coin is the vegetarian version of the very famous Chinese appetizer known as Chicken Gold Coil. Vegetable Gold Coin provides satisfactory taste pleasures in your mouth due to the presence of a variety of ingredients in it.
So in this article, I will tell you the exact Vegetable Gold Coin recipe that my mom used to make Vegetable Gold Coin at home, during my childhood. Let’s start a treasured journey to a yet treasured food. Also, there are other recipes that you can have as starters, let’s check them out.
1. Ultimate Nachos– This is the Ultimate Nacho Recipe! Crispy chips with melted cheese, ground beef, refried beans, and all of your favorite toppings.
2. Spicy Cheese Cracker– This recipe that I have brought today for you foodies is both simple and delicious. All you have to do is, get the ingredients and start making it. This combination of crisp and smooth texture is the most satisfying meal ever.
3. Grilled Green Tomatoes– Make use of unripened green tomatoes, grilled and dressed with basil sauce, in this simple side that goes well with fried chicken or grilled steak.
4. Roasted Chicken and Bow-Tie Pasta Salad– Here is the Roasted Chicken and Bow-Tie Pasta Salad Recipe to make your day. It has the required extra nutrients, the yummy veggies, and likeable pasta. Living with its taste the whole day; tender chicken to chewy pasta and crunchy veggies.
Ingredients for Vegetable Gold Coins
|Finely Chopped Carrot||1 tbsp|
|Finely Chopped Onions||2 tbsp|
|Finely Chopped Beans||1 tbsp|
|Finely Chopped Cabbage||2 tbsp|
|Finely Chopped Capsicum||2 tbsp|
|Boiled Corn Kernels||1 tbsp|
|Black Pepper Powder||¼ tsp|
|Green Chilly Sauce||2 tsp|
|Soya Sauce||¼ tsp|
|Mashed Boiled Potatoes||4 units|
|Round Bread Slices||4 units|
|Ginger Garlic Paste||1 tsp|
|Corn flour||2 tbsp|
|Sesame||Enough to coat|
|Coriander leaves||Enough to garnish|
|Tomato ketchup||To serve with|
Let’s cook these varying exciting ingredients.
- Instead of boiled potatoes; cheese and corn can also be used.
- Instead of sesame; vermicelli can also be used.
Both can be used in same manner as previous only the corn has to be boiled and vermicelli have to be crushed.
How much time it will Take
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|35 Minutes||5 Minutes||40 Minutes|
Vegetable Gold Coin Recipe
Preparation of mixture
- In a preheated pan add 2 tbsp oil and heat it.
- Add carrot, beans and cabbage, onions, capsicum, and corn kernels to it.
- Fry them on a slow flame.
- Meanwhile add ½ tsp salt, ¼ tsp black pepper powder, 2 tsp green chilli sauce,1/2 tsp vinegar, ¼ tsp soya sauce, and 1 tsp ginger garlic paste to it.
- Mix well.
- Now add 4 mashed boiled potatoes to it and cook it for another two minutes.
- Place this mixture in a bowl.
Cooking these Coins- Final Step
- On round bread slices, coat one layer of this mixture.
- In a bowl take 2 tbsp cornflour and add ¼ cup water to it.
- Now dip the coated bread slices in it.
- Now coat them with sesame.
- In a preheated pan add 2 cups oil and heat it.
- Rest the bread side on the pan and fry the so prepared coins on a medium flame until they give a golden texture.
- Place them in a plate, garnish it with finely chopped coriander leaves and serve it with tomato ketchup.
- Serve warm.
Savor the VEGETABLE GOLD COINS experience the pleasure and linger the delight. Do this because a good start always turns a good ending and a happy meal.
Nutritional Information for Vegetable Gold Coin Recipe