Every state in India has its own culture, tradition, and food. India is known as the land of spices as a food blogger. I am humbled and honored that I belong to a country where people worship food.
I visited Hyderabad last year which is known as ‘City Of Nawabs’ and I visited a restaurant which is 50 years old and that restaurant serves only Vegetable Biryani and that biryani was very tasty. This Vegetable Biryani was a well-blended veggie and rice with aromatic spices in every bite. It was a perfect art of cooking it depicts.
Today, I will give you the Vegetable Biryani Recipe of that restaurant so you can make it at home with different ways.
Come let’s see how to make Vegetable Biryani Recipe which is a perfect texture of spices.
Ingredients for Vegetable Biryani Recipe
|Long Grained Rice||1 1/2 cup|
|Carrots (Small Pieces)||2|
|French Beans (cut into pieces)||6|
|Tomatoes (chopped)||1 cup|
|Cottage Cheese (Paneer)||1/4 cups|
|Cumin Seeds||1/2 tsp|
|Ginger Paste||2 tsp|
|Green Chilly Paste||2 tsp|
|Turmeric Powder||1/4 tsp|
|Coriander Powder||2 tsp|
|Chilli Powder||1/2 tsp|
|Garam Masala||1/2 tsp|
|Salt||According to taste|
|Fresh Curd (Dahi)||1/4|
|Saffron Milk||1 tsp|
Vegetable Biryani Recipe
- Add cinnamon, clove, cardamom, bay leaf, and salt in water and soak the rice in water for about 30 minutes.
- Now remove the remaining water and keep the rice aside.
- Now in a non-stick pan, add oil and cumin seeds and wait to cook the seeds for some minutes until it starts to crackle.
- Then add onions to the oil and cook the onions until it becomes translucent.
- Then add ginger paste, green chilly paste, turmeric powder, coriander powder, chili powder, and garam masala in the mixture and cook for around 1 minute.
- Now add tomatoes, carrots, cauliflower, french beans, cottage cheese, and some amount of water in the mixture and cook it on a medium flame for around 5 minutes.
- Now add milk, salt, and a little amount of sugar to it and stir gently, so that all the flavors get mixed up properly.
- Now take some of the mixture in another plate and keep the remaining mixture in the pan.
- Now take the rice that you’ve cooked and add ghee in it and mix it well.
- Spread half of the rice on the mixture in the pan.
- Then put the rest of the vegetable mixture on the layer of rice.
- Again spread the remaining rice on the top of the vegetable mixture.
- Cover the top of the pan now and let it cook on the medium flame for around 30 minutes.
- Serve the Vegetable Biryani hot.
Note- You can use fried onions and cashews for garnishing.
How Much Time it Will Take?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|45 Minutes||30 Minutes||1 Hour 15 Minutes|
Nutritional Information of Vegetable Biryani Recipe