Stuffing is something that can make an food more delicious. So that is why I am going to show you how you can make the simple and delicious vegan vegetarian stuffing at home.
Vegan stuffing is a delight to be served as they have amazing health benefits. It is very good for your digestion. It is also a very effective diet for dieting people for weight loss as it is very light for eating.
To make vegan stuffing, put olive oil in a bowl, add onion and garlic. Now put black pepper, allspice, cumin and nutmeg. Cook for some time and add tomato paste, chile pepper, squash flesh and pomegranate molasses. Put rice in it and cover the top of the container and cook it for 35 minutes.
Yes, this is how you make this healthy vegan stuffing at your home. But the more detailed steps of this flavourful stuffing is mentioned below. So let’s have a look at it with the proper ingredients and nutritional benefits.
Ingredients For Vegan Stuffing
- 4 Arabic Squash
- 4 Eggplants
- 4 Plum Tomatoes
- 4 Potatoes
- 2 Red Onions
- 1 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ teaspoon Ground Spice
- 1 clove Garlic
- ½ teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon Black Pepper
- 1 cup Parsley
- 1 teaspoon Cumin
- 2 tablespoon Fresh Dill
- ½ cup Cilantro
- ¼ cup Tomato Paste
- 1 tablespoon Dried Mint
- 1 Jalapeno
- ¼ cups Pomegranate Molasses
- 6 Plump Tomatoes
- 3 cups Egyptian Rice
- Sea Salt (to taste)
- 4 tablespoon Lemon Juice
I know you all must be thinking it’s a huge ingredients list but it is worth everything due to its health benefits. Now let’s check the time it will consume to make the vegan stuffing.
How Much Time It Will Take To Make Vegan Stuffing?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|1 hour 10 minutes||35 minutes||1 hour|
Now, as the time required has been calculated now let’s go through its detailed procedure.
Steps To Make Vegan Stuffing
- Firstly, remove the inner portions of eggplant, tomatoes, squash and potatoes and place them in a large bowl and add in water and salt and keep it still for some time.
- Now, prepare the stuffing, take a huge bowl, put in the olive oil, heat it over medium heat, add in the onions, cook them for about 4 minutes, and then add and cook garlic for 2 minutes.
- The next step is to sprinkle around the black pepper, allspice, cumin and nutmeg and saute it for about 40 seconds.
- Now add in the cilantro, parsley, mint and dill and cook it for about 1 and a half minutes, now. Add tomato paste, chile pepper, squash flesh and pomegranate molasses.
- Now put the container on heat, boil the mixture properly, add salt, put the container off the gas flame, and then add in the rice until it gets mixed properly.
- Now add in half lemon juice and the remaining olive oil.
- Now wash the vegetable mixture in cold water, dry them up and then put in the stuffing within ½ inch of opening and then place the vegetables vertically.
- Now add in the trimmed ends of all the vegetables and add 3 cups water into a container and add the remaining pomegranate molasses and tomato paste and add in the remaining lemon juice and then cover the container and boil it on high flame.
- Reduce the heat and let it simmer until the rice is ready for upto 35 to 40 minutes.
You can make this vegan vegetarian stuffing on any celebration. Everyone is going to enjoy this recipe for sure.
Nutritional Breakdown Of Vegan Stuffing
A video demo has been added below. Do share your views about the recipe with us.
Try to make this vegan stuffing at your home and share the reviews in the comments section. Check out other amazing recipes on our website. Till then, stay healthy and keep cooking.