Stuffing is a crucial part of any Thanksgiving dinner. It is one of the staples. But, vegan people feel a bit left out as the stuffing has dairy products as well as chicken broth. Well, worry no more! Here is a recipe for vegan stuffing that is as good as the original one.
Vegan stuffing contains a lot of vegetables and uses olive oil as an alternative to butter. Vegetable broth is also a great alternative to chicken broth. It also contains a whole lot of spices that make it aromatic and flavorful.
To make vegan stuffing, bake the bread cubes in the oven. Then, in a pan, add oil, onions, celery and garlic, and fry lightly. Add the vegetable stock and season with salt and pepper. Mix the broth with the bread and add the herbs. Bake it for 40 minutes covered with foil, then another 35 minutes without the foil. The stuffing is ready!
Yes, this is just a snippet of the recipe. But the more detailed steps of this stuffing are mentioned below. Also, there are other recipes that you can have as starters, let’s check them out.
1. Calamari Fritti– Are you a fan of Mediterranean food or craving something exotic but this pandemic is stopping you from going out? If yes, not to worry at all. Because this yummy Calamari Fritti can solve your problem and you can feel that Mediterranean food at home.
2. Fried Green Tomatoes– Fried green tomatoes are a classic Southern dish made with sliced unripe green tomatoes. They’re a must-have during summer when tomatoes are in season.
3. French’s Green Bean Casserole– Ready to make the best green bean casserole? Creamy mushroom sauce surrounded by tender green beans, topped with the crunchy flavor of French’s Crispy Fried Onions make this holiday casserole an instant classic.
4. Sous Vide Potatoes– Sous vide is a great way to perfectly cook one of the most versatile and easily available ingredients; that are potatoes.
Vegan Vegetarian Stuffing Recipe
- 1 Loaf of Bread
- 3 tbsp Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Large Onion
- 4 Stalks Celery
- 6 Coves of Garlic
- 2 Cups Vegetable Stock
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Finely chopped Herbs
- Cooking Spray
- For prepping, slice the bread into 1-inch cubes. Place on baking sheets and bake for 20 minutes at 200 degrees. This is done, so the bread absorbs the juices and stock well.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease a baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large pan, add the oil and place it over medium heat. Add onions and cook for about 5 minutes. Then, add the celery and garlic. Cook, while occasionally stirring, until the celery looks translucent.
- Add the vegetable stock to the pan. Stir and add salt and pepper to season.
- Take the bread and mix it with vegetable mixture. Top with the herbs and mix thoroughly until all the ingredients have combined well. Transfer this to the greased baking dish.
- Cover the dish with foil tightly and bake it for 40 minutes in the oven. After that, remove the foil and bake for 35 minutes more till you see the top of the stuffing become golden brown.