This vegan strawberry cake is topped with strawberry buttercream frosting and decorated with fresh strawberries. This vegan strawberry cake is a dream come true for the strawberry lovers. The strawberry frosting is also flavored with strawberry puree and a little strawberry essence.
If you need a reason to celebrate, this Vegan Strawberry Cake will help. You’ll love the rich, dense and oh-so-delicious cake too. It’s loaded with tender, delicate strawberries in every bite. The strawberry puree and strawberry essence give the batter a lovely light pink color, however, it didn’t hold when baking. So I added in a tablespoon of pink food coloring. You can omit this if you don’t mind about the color, but it will give a nice shade of pink that held through the baking process.
So if you love strawberries, then you are going to simply LOVE this vegan strawberry cake. It is fluffy, moist, packed with strawberry flavor, pink, pretty, and topped with strawberry buttercream frosting. Keep it covered at room temperature where it will stay fresh for a few days or covered in the fridge where it will stay good for up to a week.
Ingredients for Vegan Strawberry Cake
|White Sugar||200 g|
|Baking Soda||1 tsp.|
|Strawberry Puree||232 g|
|Strawberry Essence||2 tsp.|
|Olive Oil||80 ml|
|Apple Cider Vinegar||1 tbsp.|
|Pink Food Coloring||1 tbsp.|
For the Strawberry Frosting:
|Powdered Sugar||480 g|
|Vegan Butter||56 g|
|Strawberry Puree||60 ml|
|Strawberry Essence||1 tsp.|
How to make Vegan Strawberry Cake/ Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Sift the flour into a mixing bowl and add the sugar, baking soda and salt.
- Prepare your flax egg by mixing 1 Tbsp of ground flax seed meal with 3 Tbsp of Hot Water from the kettle. Allow sitting for a minute to become gloppy.
- Add the strawberry puree, strawberry essence, olive oil, vinegar, flax egg and food coloring and mix in. The batter will be very thick, too thick to whisk, so just use a spoon and mix as well as you can, being careful not to over-mix.
- Spray two 7-inch cake tins with non-stick spray, and place a circle of parchment paper at the base of each. Divide the batter evenly between them and place into the oven to bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of one of the cakes comes out clean.
- Transfer to a wire cooling rack to cool completely before frosting.
- Prepare your frosting by adding the powdered sugar, vegan butter, strawberry puree and strawberry essence into the bowl of an electric mixer. Starting at slow speed, gradually increase speed until thick and smooth. The frosting should be very thick, but still spreadable. Add more powdered sugar if it’s too thin and a little more strawberry puree if it ends up too thick.
- Frost the cakes when cooled and serve with fresh strawberries.
- Natural Food coloring: Stir in a few pieces of minced fresh beets. They have powerful color.
- Make your own strawberry puree by placing fresh strawberries (washed, with stems cut off) into the food processor and processing into a puree. In order to get enough puree for both the cake recipe and the frosting I used a whole 400 g pack of fresh whole strawberries. There was a bit left over from pureeing this amount, so you can also use a bit less, or you can just eat the bit that’s left over.
How much Time it will take:
|Preparation Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
|20 minutes||30 minutes||50 minutes|
- Serving Size: 1 Slice (of 10)
- Calories: 435
- Sugar: 69 g
- Sodium: 282 mg
- Fat: 10.3 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 85 g
- Fiber: 1.5 g
- Protein: 2.2 g
I hope you love this recipe for the Best Ever Vegan Strawberry Cake. What do you think of this vegan strawberry cake? Let me know in the comments.