I went out with my little cousin to bakery shop and I asked her about what she wants, she put finger on a strawberry cake and when we both reached at home, we ate the cake and after I finished my cake, I saw something which shocked me and it was a Vegan Strawberry Cake and I didn’t find a difference between a Simple Strawberry cake and a Vegan one.
I was in a dilemma and I went to the bakery shop and I asked that uncle about the Vegan Strawberry Cake Recipe and he gave me which I will share with you with my imaginary skills I will try to explain how it will come out when you will make it at home. Let’s see
This vegan strawberry cake recipe is topped with strawberry buttercream frosting and decorated with fresh strawberries. This vegan strawberry cake is a dream come true for the strawberry lovers. The strawberry frosting is also flavored with strawberry puree and a little strawberry essence.
So if you love strawberrie, then you are going to simply LOVE this vegan strawberry cake. It is fluffy, moist, packed with strawberry flavor, pink, pretty, and topped with strawberry buttercream frosting. Keep it covered at room temperature where it will stay fresh for a few days or covered in the fridge where it will stay good for up to a week.
Ingredients Required for Vegan Strawberry Cake Recipe
|White Sugar||200 g|
|Baking Soda||1 tsp|
|Strawberry Puree||232 g|
|Strawberry Essence||2 tsp|
|Olive Oil||80 ml|
|Apple Cider Vinegar||1 tbsp|
|Pink Food Coloring||1 tbsp.|
For the Strawberry Frosting
|Powdered Sugar||480 g|
|Vegan Butter||56 g|
|Strawberry Puree||60 ml|
|Strawberry Essence||1 tsp.|
How much Time it will take?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|20 minutes||30 minutes||50 minutes|
Vegan Strawberry Cake Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Sift the flour into a mixing bowl and add the sugar, baking soda and salt.
- Prepare your flax egg by mixing 1 Tbsp of ground flaxseed meal with 3 Tbsp of Hot Water from the kettle. Allow sitting for a minute to become gloppy.
- Add the strawberry puree, strawberry essence, olive oil, vinegar, flax egg, and food colouring and mix in. The batter will be very thick, too thick to whisk, so just use a spoon and mix as well as you can, being careful not to over-mix.
- Spray two 7-inch cake tins with non-stick spray, and place a circle of parchment paper at the base of each. Divide the batter evenly between them and place into the oven to bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the centre of one of the cakes comes out clean.
- Transfer to a wire cooling rack to cool completely before frosting.
- Prepare your frosting by adding the powdered sugar, vegan butter, strawberry puree, and strawberry essence into the bowl of an electric mixer. Starting at slow speed, gradually increase speed until thick and smooth. The frosting should be very thick, but still spreadable. Add more powdered sugar if it’s too thin and a little more strawberry puree if it ends up too thick.
- Frost the cakes when cooled and serve with fresh strawberries.
- Natural Food colouring: Stir in a few pieces of minced fresh beets. They have a powerful colour.
- For this Vegan Strawberry Cake recipe, you can make your own strawberry puree by placing fresh strawberries (washed, with stems cut off) into the food processor and processing into a puree. In order to get enough puree for both the cake recipe and the frosting, I used a whole 400 g pack of fresh whole strawberries. There was a bit leftover from pureeing this amount, so you can also use a bit less, or you can just eat the bit that’s leftover.
Nutritional Facts Of Vegan Strawberry Cake Recipe