Today, I am sharing a simple recipe. It is the recipe for vegan pulled jackfruit. It is simple to make and has a rich and flavorful taste.
Jackfruit is one of the most fascinating ingredients. It resembles the texture and taste of meat and is quite nutritious as well. So, you can easily use it to swap meat in dishes and make vegan versions.
To make vegan pulled jackfruit, heat oil in a pan and cook onions in it. Then, add cinnamon, cumin, and paprika to it. Cook it for some time and then add Tabasco, vinegar, and BBQ sauce to it. Stir it and add tomatoes, jackfruit, and water to it. Cover it and cook for 5 minutes. Take off the lid and cook for another 10 minutes. Your vegan pulled jackfruit is ready!
This is just a snippet of the recipe. Find the complete recipe below. There are other main course recipes on our blog as well that you should also check.
1. Indian Fried Cabbage– This dish is not only quick and easy to make but a healthy option too. If you wonder how to make your kids eat healthy then, this recipe is for you. Not only the kids but even the adults at your place will love to eat this dish.
2. Au Gratin Potatoes– This Au Gratin Potatoes recipe is a blend of evenly sized potatoes mixed with some butter and shredded cheese. Sounds delicious right? So let’s rock n roll and make these perfect Au gratin Potatoes at home.
3. Dumpling Noodles– This homemade noodle recipe might be the ultimate comfort food. In my family, these are the must-have every single year Thanksgiving noodles.
4. Iranian Chicken Curry– The Iranian Chicken Curry reveals in its taste the richness of saffron and the extremism of the rest of the spices. A very tasty dish with a little extra time and effort drives the magic of this ever-so-yummy curry.
Vegan Pulled Jackfruit Recipe
- 1 teaspoon Vegetable Oil
- 1 Red Onion (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Cumin Seeds
- 2 teaspoons Smoked Paprika
- 2 teaspoons Chipotle Tabasco
- 1 teaspoon Cider Vinegar
- 4 teaspoons BBQ Sauce
- 200 g Tomatoes (chopped)
- 800 g Jack Fruit (canned)
- In a pan, add some oil and add onions. Cook them for about 12 minutes until they are soft.
- Now, add cinnamon, cumin, and paprika to the pan. Cook it for about 2-4 minutes.
- After 2 minutes, add tabasco, vinegar, and BBQ sauce to it and stir it well. After the sauce and spices have mixed along, add tomatoes, jackfruit and 200 ml water.
- Keep the heat low and cook it while keeping it covered and stir it after every 5-8 minutes.
- After you feel the jackfruit is almost ready and soft, take the lid off and cook for another 10-12 minutes.
- When your jackfruit is ready, check if all the pieces are shredded well. Add some more seasoning if needed. Serve it hot.