Vegetarian food is always a delight to eat when it comes to the freshness and taste of theirs. Vegetables have always been a good source of nutrients that our body demands. And having a vegan diet also helps maintain your calorie count and carbs level that you somehow lack in non-vegan food. Today a simple recipe that I hope you will like, not only because it is simple to make but due to its rich and flavorful taste that makes it different from other veggies out there.
This veggie or fruit, whatever you may love to call it. Is one of the most fascinating ingredients that is reassembled as vegan meat and is quite nutritious as well. So the recipe that has made me write this article and you guys visit here today is Vegan Pulled Jackfruit. Yes, you will love to have a simple recipe and will send your taste buds on a roller coaster ride. So what say? Ready to explore this irresistible Jackfruit hunt journey that can be the best alternative for your today’s dinner menu?
Let’s get started and know how to transform this Jackfruit into a dish that no one ever would have tasted. And let me be very clear about the timings first. You don’t need to keep yourself engaged in the kitchen the whole day to make this Pulled Jackfruit. Although you can make this by another method of slow cooking, we will not make it using that method today.
Ingredients for Vegan Pulled Jackfruit
|Vegetable Oil||1 tsp.|
|Red Onion||1 pc.|
|Ground Cinnamon||1 tsp.|
|Cumin Seeds||1 tsp.|
|Smoked Paprika||2 tsp.|
|Chipotle Tabasco||2 tsp.|
|Cider Vinegar||1 tsp.|
|BBQ Sauce||4 tsp.|
|Chopped Tomatoes||200 gm.|
|Jack Fruit||800 gm. cans|
Ready with the ingredients? If not ready, then you can get them from any nearby superstore or grocery store. Get them and let’s make this Delicious Jack fruit recipe at home.
Now all set to make this recipe? Ok! follow the steps given below to start the procedure. But wait, what about the timings?
How Much Time Will it Take?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|5 Minutes||55 Minutes||1 Hour|
Now I think we are ready to proceed further. The timings are an essential part of any recipe. How can we ignore them? It will only take an hour to make this Pulled Jack fruit by anyone at home.
Vegan Pulled Jackfruit Recipe
- In a frying pan, add some oil and add onions. Cook them until they are soft; it will take you about 12 minutes.
- Now add cinnamon, cumin, and paprika to these cooked onions and allow it to cook more for about 2-4 minutes.
- After 2 minutes, add tabasco, vinegar and BBQ sauce and stir it well before adding tomatoes to the pan. After the sauce and spices have mixed along, add tomatoes, jackfruit and 200 ml water.
- Keep the heat low and cook it while keeping it covered and stir it after every 5-8 minutes so that it may not get stuck down to the frying pan’s base and help the jackfruit to breakdown and tender.
- After you feel the jackfruit is almost ready and soft, take the lid off and cook for another 10-12 minutes.
- Now, when your jackfruit is ready, check if all the pieces are shredded well and add some more seasoning if needed. And serve it hot.
Alas! Your Pulled Jack fruit is now ready to eat and will make a perfect choice for your weekend plans. Enjoy this recipe with all your mates and friends and see how they will react to this unique and delicious Jack fruit cooked with BBQ sauce.
Nutritional Breakdown of Vegan Pulled Jackfruit
The nutritional details of this Pulled Jack fruit are given in the box below for your reference.
How to Make Vegan Pulled Jackfruit at Home | Video
Here is a video that you can watch to make this Vegan Pulled Jackfruit recipe at home.
Go for this recipe if you want to try something different at home. This dish will not disappoint you. Do share your reviews and suggestions in the comment section. I’ll come up with some innovative and unique recipe next time; until then, keep trying out our recipes and reach for help, anytime.