Today, I am sharing the recipe of vegan cookie dough for those who like unbaked cookies. If you follow this vegan cookie dough recipe once, you won’t go back to the store-bough cookies. Want to see the magic? Read to know it all.
I personally don’t prefer it because, it is preserved with chemicals that are bad for our health. So I prefer to make it at home. And one should note that, making cookie dough will hardly take any time as the recipe is very easy.
To make cough dough at home in no time, combine all the ingredients until it forms a dough and refrigerate it to thicken the dough.
Make the dough more flavorful by adding nuts to the dough. Or, can add a nut butter to give the cookie dough a richer flavor and a more crumbly texture.
Add dried fruit to the dough or a fruit puree, such as apricot puree or raspberry puree, to the dough. It will give the cookie dough a sweeter flavor and a softer texture.
If you want a spicier flavor in your cookie dough, you can add spices such as cinnamon or ginger to the dough. This will give the cookie dough a more intense flavor.
You can substitute plain flour with whole wheat flour or white sugar with brown sugar to give the cookie dough a healthier flavor and a denser texture.
So, I am going to share you the vegan cookie dough recipe. And the best part about this recipe is that, if you are a vegan, then this recipe is just for you.
So let’s gather all the ingredients required to make vegan cookie dough recipe at home.
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Vegan Cookie Dough?
- Bowl – Prepare the cookie dough in a bowl containing all the ingredients.
- Spatula – Mix the wet ingredients well with a spatula to avoid lumps.
- Plastic Wrap – Cover the dough with a plastic wrap to prevent freezer burn.
- Measuring Cups – Use measuring cups to get the perfect texture and taste of the dough.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Vegan Cookie Dough?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|5 Mins||5 Mins||10 Mins|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Vegan Cookie Dough?
- Coconut Oil – The coconut oil will help make the cookies super soft and chewy with a subtle hint of coconut.
- Maple Syrup – Real maple syrup will add a kick of a clean and complex maple flavor with hints of caramel, vanilla, and prune.
- Vanilla Extract – Vanilla extract will add sweetness with warm and floral aroma to the dough.
- Semisweet Mini Chocolate Chips – Add semi sweet chocolate chips to give a balanced flavor to chocolate chip cookie dough, adding just the right amount of sweetness and chocolate flavor.
- All-Purpose Flour – Flour is the key to make the dough. Just remember to choose the right type and take care of the amount of the flour in cookies to make them chewy, crispy or soft.
- Salt – Salt will not only enhance flavor enhancer but also make the dough soft.
Steps To Make Vegan Cookie Dough
1. It’s Just The Beginning
To make this vegan cookie dough at home, start by combining coconut oil, maple syrup, and vanilla in a bowl. Mix it using a fork.
In the same bowl, add three tablespoons of flour and a pinch of salt. Mix the mixture using a spatula until they fully combine.
In the same mixture add one teaspoon of semi sweet chocolate chips.
2. Is It Done?
To thicken the mixture, cover the dough with a plastic wrap and place it in the refrigerator for 10 minutes.
(Note: You can bake the flour for 5 minutes in the oven before you use it.)
Finally, vegan cookie dough is ready. Make this dough at your home for the best possible vegan chocolate chip cookies.
How Will Vegan Cookie Dough Look And Taste Like?
Edible vegan cookie dough tastes exactly like the spoonfuls of raw cookie dough batter you’ve snuck over the years but without the guilt. The cookie dough is creamy with a sweet but slightly salty taste.
The chocolate chips add a little bit of crunch. It is sweet, slightly salty, and loaded with bits of chocolate flavor. Texture-wise, it is smooth, creamy but not too creamy that it’s scoopable- It’s kind of like hard ice cream!
Vegan Cookie Dough Recipe
- 1 tablespoon Coconut Oil
- 1 tablespoon Real Maple Syrup
- ¼ teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 teaspoon Semisweet Mini Chocolate Chips
- 3 tablespoon All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- To make this vegan cookie dough at home, start by combining coconut oil, maple syrup, and vanilla in a bowl. Mix it using a fork.
- In the same bowl, add three tablespoons of flour and a pinch of salt.
- Mix the mixture using a spatula until they fully combine.
- In the same mixture add one teaspoon of semi sweet chocolate chips.
- To thicken the mixture, cover the dough with a plastic wrap and place it in the refrigerator for 10 minutes.
- You can bake the flour for 5 minutes in the oven before you use it.
- Finally, vegan cookie dough is ready.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What does vegan cookie dough taste like?
It tastes exactly like the spoonfuls of raw cookie dough batter you’ve snuck over the years but without the guilt. The cookie dough is creamy with a sweet but slightly salty taste. The chocolate chips add a little bit of crunch.
Why did my vegan cookies turn green?
These cookies are so fun! I you have used sun butter, it will naturally turn green when baking. The chlorogenic acid (chlorophyll) in the sunflower seeds reacts with the baking soda causing the green color.
Why are my vegan cookies dry?
If you think vegan dough is dry and crumbly, you probably haven’t had one that’s been made with the right fat. Butter is what makes traditional dough so darn tasty—as well as helps keep it all together—so you can’t merely eliminate it and hope for the best.
Can you eat raw vegan cookie dough?
You can get sick if you eat unbaked dough or batter made with flour containing germs. Germs are killed only when flour is baked or cooked.
I hope you liked the recipe and will try tasty and delicious chocolate chips cookies using this vegan cookie dough recipe. Do share your reviews in the comments below. Till then, stay tuned for more recipes like these.