Chicken (Veal) Marsala is an Italian-American dish made from chicken breast and marsala wine. It dates its origin back to the 19th century and is a variation of traditional Italian Scaloppine dishes. Veal Marsala as it is famously known as is one of the best chicken dishes ever.
My granny is a chef and foodie. Time and again, she cooks and serves delicious foods, whenever we visit her. During one of my visits to her place, she served me, Veal Marsala. I was awestruck by it as it was very tasty and mouth-watering. She smiled at me and offered to share the recipe of Veal Marsala with me.
What made the dish even tastier was the garnishing with cherry tomatoes and parsley. I kissed her hands for serving me such a dish. Next visit to her place, I cooked Veal Marsala for her, perfectly like her! She was more than happy. Such fond memories I have of Veal Marsala.
Veal Marsala can be cooked easily at home. I will be explaining to you how to make Veal Marsala at home. So, let’s check out the best ever Veal Marsala recipe now.
Veal Marsala Recipe Ingredients
|Veal cutlets||2 pounds|
|All-purpose flour||1/4 cup|
|Seasoning salt||1/2 teaspoon|
|Olive oil||2 tablespoons|
|Fresh Mushrooms, quartered||3/4 pounds|
|Marsala wine||1/4 cup|
How much time will it take?
|Preparation time||Cooking time||Additional time||Total time|
|10 minutes||30 minutes||20 minutes||1 hour|
Veal Marsala Recipe
- Keep the meat on a levelled hard surface and strike thinly with a moistened sharp knife so that cutlets are formed.
- Take a dish which has less depth.
- Mix flour and seasoning salt in it properly.
- In this, flour mixture, dip the cutlets to coat them completely.
- Place them on a wire rack undisturbed for the next 15 minutes.
- Take a large skillet next.
- Melt butter and heat oil together over medium-high heat in the skillet.
- Now, put the prepared floured cutlets into it.
- Cook them thoroughly from both the sides by flipping until you find them getting browned.
- Now, add mushrooms as well.
- After covering the skillet and over low heat, cook them for about 8-10 minutes.
- Next, add Marsala. Let it simmer for an additional 5 minutes.
- When the veal gets smooth and the sauce gets hot, take them out of the skillet,
- Serve it hot.
Veal Marsala Nutritional Information
|Dietary fiber||0.9 g|
|Saturated fats||11.4 g|
|Vitamin A||515.4 IU|
|Vitamin B6||0.3 mg|
|Vitamin C||1.6 mg|