The recipe I am going to share today is Veal Francese. This recipe is a great one to make for dinner. It is an easy-to-make recipe and gets ready in no time.
Veal is much healthier than beef as it has less fat and cholesterol. You can add some herbs of your choice like rosemary, garlic, thyme, or cloves while cooking. This will give make the veal spiced up and will enhance the flavor.
Veal Francese is made by drenching the veal cutlets in flour, followed by the egg mixture. Cook them in a skillet. Then, further, cook them in a sauce made of butter and lemon. Pour chicken broth, capers, and wine in the wiped-out skillet and bring them to boil to make it thick. Spoon this sauce over the veal and serve them hot.
This is just a summary of the recipe. Find the complete recipe below. There are other main course recipes on our blog as well that you should also check.
1. Bojangles Dirty Rice– Dirty Rice makes a hearty main course with salad as its side. It is a good healthy meal and making it home will make it more nutritional. So let’s make this spicy comfort food at home and satisfy your craving for the Bojangles Dirty Rice.
2. Kale Pasta– Kale pasta is a delicious and healthy pasta. This kale pasta is a must-try. Of course, the health benefits of kale make the dish healthy too.
3. Goat Stew– This goat stew originated in the Philippines. It is traditionally served on some occasions, pairing it with rice. This stew is a good healthy meal as it consists of vegetables as well as meat.
4. Cheesy Spinach Bake– Everyone loves a dish made with cheese. I am pretty sure that this recipe will be the best spinach recipe you will ever taste. Even if you do not like spinach much, you might still like this cheesy spinach recipe.
What's In The Post
Veal Francese Recipe
- 3 Eggs
- 2 tablespoons Milk
- ¼ cup Olive Oil
- Flour (for dredging)
- 2 pounds Veal Round Cutlets (pounded ¼-inch thick)
- Salt and Pepper
- 3 tablespoons Butter
- ½ Lemon (seeds removed and cut into very thin slices)
- ¼ cup Dry White Wine
- ¼ cup Capers (drained)
- ¼ cup Chicken Stock
- ½ Lemon (juiced)
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Italian Parsley (chopped)
- Take a bowl to whisk eggs with milk. Add flour to a plate or a dish.
- Heat oil over a medium-high flame in a skillet.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper over the veal. Coat it with flour and then dunk it in the beaten eggs.
- Cook them on the skillet until they turn brown on every side. Transfer them to the paper towel to drain the excess oil.
- Clean the skillet and add butter and lemon slices to it. Cook them until they get golden brown.
- Now, add wine and capers to the skillet. Add the cooked veal to it. Bring the liquid for 3 minutes. Pour in chicken stock and lemon juice and cook them on a reduced flame. Cook till the sauce thickens.
- To serve, place the veal on an individual plate. Spoon a sauce over it.
- Garnish with parsley and serve hot.