The recipe I am going to share today is Veal Francese. Cooking this recipe will be a great idea for dinner. It is an easy recipe.
Veal is much healthier than beef as it has less fat and cholesterol. You can add some herbs of your choice like rosemary, garlic, thyme or cloves while cooking. This will give make the veal spiced up and will enhance the flavour.
Veal Francese is made by drench the veal cutlets in flour, followed by the egg mixture. Cook them in a skillet and then further cook them in a sauce made of butter and lemon. Pour chicken broth, capers and wine in the wiped out skillet and bring them to boil to make it thick. Serve them hot.
This is just the brief of the recipe. More details of the cooking process and others are given below. This is easy to make recipe at home and makes a great meal. You can serve them with spaghetti. Take note of the ingredients for this recipe. Start gathering the ingredients and get going with the recipe.
Ingredients For Veal Francese
- 3 Eggs
- 2 tablespoons Milk
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- Flour (for dredging)
- 2 pounds Veal Round Cutlets (pounded 1/4-inch thick)
- Salt and Pepper
- 3 tablespoons Butter
- 1/2 Lemon (seeds removed and cut in very thin slices)
- 1/4 cup Dry White Wine
- 1/4 cup Capers (drained)
- 1/4 cup Chicken Stock
- 1/2 Lemon (juiced)
- 1 tablespoon Chopped Fresh Italian Parsley
Make a list of the ingredients before heading out to the supermarket. Do not forget to check your pantry first as you may find few or all of them there. Now take a look at the time this dish takes to be prepared.
How Much Time It Will Take To Make Veal Francese?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|15 minutes||15 minutes||30 minutes|
Preparing this dish is not much time consuming. You need half an hour and your dish will be ready to dig a bite from. Let’s take a look at how this is done.
Steps To Make Veal Francese
- Take a bowl to whisk eggs with milk. Add flour to a plate or a dish.
- Heat oil over a medium-high flame in a skillet.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper over the veal. Coat it with flour and then dunk it in the beaten eggs.
- Cook them on the skillet until brown on every side. Transfer them to the paper towel to drain the excess oil.
- Clean the skillet and add butter and lemon slices. Cook them until they get golden brown.
- Now, add wine and capers to the skillet. Add back the veal again. Bring the liquid for 3 minutes. Pour in chicken stock and lemon juice and cook them on a reduced flame. Cook till the sauce thickens.
- To serve, place the veal on an individual plate. Spoon a sauce over it.
- Garnish with parsley and serve hot.
Place a lemon wedge by the side of the plate to squeeze upon if needed. This will also look at the plating presentable. These veal cutlets will get soggy if you dip them in the egg mixture prior to the cooking. So make sure you dip them side by side only at the time of cooking.
Nutritional Breakdown Of Veal Francese
How To Make Veal Francese At Home | Video
Do refer to the video I have uploaded to help you in every step of the recipe. This recipe is a great snack. You can keep it on the menu for any party you are hosting.
Is there still any question in your mind regarding the recipe? If yes, then leave your question in the comment section below. I will try to make every detail clear with my best knowledge. So serve yourself with a glass of red wine with this dish as they pair the best. Enjoy!