Yogurt is said to have positive effects on our immune, cardiovascular systems as well as boosting our metabolism. Yogurt with the flavour of vanilla in it makes it an incredible dish. Homemade Vanilla Yogurt is just irresistible.
Vanilla Yogurt has been passed on from generations in our family. My granny who was a chef made sure that we ate homemade items. Pickles, jams and yogurt were made at home only.
She shared the recipe of yummy Vanilla Yogurt with my mother who in turn shared it with me. Vanilla Yogurt makes your food even tastier and delicious. In my family, we consume only homemade Vanilla Yogurt. Also, I eat my breakfast with a bowl of Vanilla Yogurt daily!
Homemade Vanilla Yogurt is just four ingredients away. With the addition of vanilla flavour, this yogurt is a must consumable item. But before we jump onto the recipe, let’s check out some other desserts that you might like.
1. Lemon Custard– This delicious lemon custard is so simple to make that anyone can make it using a few ingredients and by following a simple process. This custard is a perfect dessert for any time.
2. Tembleque– Puerto Rican Coconut Pudding, or tembleque, is a simple dessert made from ingredients you probably have on hand– coconut milk, sugar, and cornstarch. You can dress it up with lime, orange, or cinnamon.
3. Baklava– This honey baklava is flaky, crisp and tender and I love that it isn’t overly sweet. It’s basically a party in your mouth. I am a huge fan of baklava and this is the best baklava recipe I have ever tried. Hands down.
4. Tipsy Laird– Tipsy laird is a very simple Scottish Trifle made with sponge cake, raspberries, whiskey and whipped cream. This combination is as delicious as it sounds. This Scottish dessert is usually served during Christmas or on New Year’s eve.
Vanilla Yogurt Recipe Ingredients
|Whole milk||1 quart|
|White sugar||2 tbsp|
|Vanilla extract||2 tbsp|
|Plain Yogurt||2 tbsp|
How much time will it take?
|Preparation time||Cooking time||Additional time||Total time|
|5 minutes||5 minutes||8 hours||8 hours 10 minutes|
Vanilla Yogurt Recipe
- Take a large saucepan. Add milk to it and let it boil over medium-high.
- Add sugar and vanilla extract and stir to blend properly.
- Remove from heat. Leave it undisturbed. Ensure it doesn’t cool down.
- Take a large container. Put the yogurt in it.
- Next, add the prepared milk mixture.
- After covering it, put it in the preheated oven.
- Let it set completely for the next 8 to 16 hours.
- Keep in the refrigerator.
Vanilla Yogurt Recipe Nutritional information
|Saturated fats||2.3 g|
|Vitamin A||126.4 IU|