Whenever someone talks about dessert, the thing which comes into my mind is Disney Land where you can have a variety of chocolates, delightful cakes, and sweet dishes as well. One day, I was at a restaurant where I read Vanilla Mousse in the dessert category of the menu. I was not aware of that term.
So I searched on the internet regarding it. And found out some information that I am going to share with all of you.
What is Mousse? Mousse is lightly spongy food which contains creams made of whipped cream and egg whites, chocolate mousse. When you serve mousse first you have to chill it to make it denser.
Now, the important and the last but not the least question from where Mousse came? The land of desserts yes, it arrives from France.
After he cleared my doubt, I learned the Vanilla Mousse recipe from the internet. You people know that whenever I learn something new I will share it with all of you and today, I am here with Vanilla Mousse Recipe.
If you love cakes, then you should definitely check out the other cake recipes that I’ve handpicked just for you.
1. Fiesta Cake– Fiesta cake is a cake made with fiesta or fruit cocktail mixed fruits with raisin and chopped cashew nuts. A cake that simply has fruit in it as an ingredient can also be colloquially called a fiesta cake.
2. Vanilla Birthday Party Cake– This vanilla flavour with a soft and creamy texture is perfect for any birthday. It is one of the best recipes that you can learn and make at any occasion.
3. Chocolate Raspberry Cake– This cake is another expedition towards a journey to delight your taste buds while you devour its amazing sweetness in the end. Handle with care while you layer it, ’cause the fun later lies in those layers.
4. Strawberry Shortcake– Let’s make this strawberry shortcake from the scratch with some basic ingredients. This is a perfect summer dessert that anyone can easily make at their make.
Ingredients For Vanilla Mousse
For Chocolate Jello
|Cocoa Powder||5 tbsp|
|Granulated Sugar||5 tbsp|
|Packet Of Gelatin||1|
|Cold Water||1 Cup|
For Vanilla Mousse
|Vanilla Extract||1 tsp|
|Granulated Sugar||1 1/2 Cup|
|Sour Cream||16 ounces|
|Heavy Whipping Cream||8 ounces|
You will get all the ingredients from the nearby supermarket. After reading this long list of ingredients, I know you must be in doubt regarding the timings that are required to make this cake. That’s why I have mentioned the proper timings in the table below.
How Much Time It Will Take?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|6 hours||5 Mins||6 hours 5 Mins|
When I was reading the instructions of this recipe, I was very curious and for every curious person like me, you are just one step away from the Vanilla Mousse Recipe which will take you in the world full of sweets.
Vanilla Mousse Cake Recipe
To Make Chocolate Jello
- Add sugar, cocoa powder, gelatin with cold water and milk in a small saucepan. Whisk the mixture properly.
- Heat the saucepan over medium heat and boil the mixture.
- Remove the saucepan from heat and cool the mixture at room temperature.
To Make Vanilla Mousse
- Combine milk, vanilla, gelatin in a small saucepan to whisk them together.
- Heat the mixture over medium heat until it will look steamy. When the mixture us steamy cool it for some time.
- In a mixing bowl beat heavy cream with an electric mixer to make it fluffy.
- To whisk sugar, sour cream blends the mixture in a mixing bowl.
- In the whipped cream, fold the mixture with warm milk and mix it for 1 minute.
Finally, Vanilla Mousse is ready with Chocolate Jello. Make this dessert at your home and I bet that it’ll become your favorite dessert.
Nutritional Facts Of Vanilla Mousse Cake
I know you must be worried about your health. So that’s why, I have mentioned the nutritional breakdown of this Vanilla Mousse Cake below.
How To Make Vanilla Mousse at Home | Video
Although this recipe is very simple. Still, if you are new to the kitchen, then I would recommend this video which will make it easy for you to make Vanilla Mousse at home.
I hope you have liked this Vanilla Mousse Recipe. I recommend you to tell us about its taste and your experiences with us in the comments section below. Till then, stay tuned for more such cool recipes and take care.