Penne pasta Arrabiata by Valerie Bertinelli is a delicious pasta to satisfy your pasta cravings. It uses simple ingredients and also gets ready in no time. It is quite simple to make it too. If you want an easy dinner, then this is the recipe for you.
The spicy taste and choice of aromatic herbs make your spicy Arrabiata penne pasta very amazing and a perfect treat to your taste buds. Al Dante penne pasta tossed in a classic Italian tomato and onion sauce & mildly spiced with oregano, chilly flakes and the topping of the Arrabiata sauce is one quick pasta you can have when your tummy growls with hunger.
To make penne pasta arrabiata, cook the penne al dente. In a pan, put olive oil. Add garlic, onions, chopped tomatoes, tomato puree and mix. Season with salt and oregano. Mix it until desired consistency is reached. In another pan, toss the penne with some herbs and olive oil. Then, add sauce and gently stir. Garnish with parsley and serve.
This was just an overview of the recipe. Find the complete recipe below, along with the ingredients and nutritional information. But before going to the complete recipe, let’s check out some other recipes by some famous chefs.
1. Jamie Oliver’s Pasta Pesto with Chicken– If you want a pasta recipe that is delicious, fulfilling and is not at all difficult to make, then Jamie Oliver’s recipe of the pasta pesto with chicken is a great one to try. It is part of Jamie Oliver’s 15-minute meal and gets ready in no time.
2. Jamie Oliver’s Spaghetti Bolognese– Jamie Oliver’s Bolognese is similar to Italian Bolognese but Jamie Oliver has made it extra healthy and delicious than the traditional recipe. You can also make it by following the recipe that I’ve mentioned.
3. Janice Feuer Haugen’s Chocolate Decadence– If you love chocolate desserts, then Janice Feuer Haugen’s recipe of Chocolate Decadence is a fantastic recipe to try. It is made with smooth chocolate, which is baked to perfection and topped with candied orange peel.
4. Jamie Oliver’s Blackened Chicken With Quinoa Salad– If you are looking for a healthy recipe to make that is also high in taste parameters, then Jaime Oliver’s blackened chicken and quinoa salad recipe is the one for you. It is flavorful, delicious and really easy to make.
Valerie Bertinelli Penne Pasta Arrabiata Recipe
- Large Pan
- 250 g Penne Pasta
- 5 Medium Tomatoes
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- 10 Chopped Garlic Cloves
- 1 tsp Crushed Red Chilies
- 2 Medium Sliced Onion
- ½ cup Tomato Puree
- ½ tsp Oregano
- 1 tsp Fresh Parsley
- Boil penne in plenty of water with salt and a teaspoon of oil till al dente, which means till just cooked. Drain and set aside to cool.
- Blanch tomatoes, peel, remove seeds and roughly chop. Heat one and a half tablespoon of olive oil in a pan. Add garlic and sauté for half a minute
- Add red chilli flakes and continue to sauté. Add onions and sauté till onions turn soft and translucent. Add the tomato puree, chopped tomatoes and mix.
- Add salt and oregano and mix well. Cook for two to three minutes till the mixture gets a sauce consistency.
- Heat a little of the remaining olive oil in another pan, add some herbs add one portion of penne and toss. Add sauce as required and toss.
- You should not use a spoon or spatula to mix since it may cause the penne to break. Serve hot garnished with parsley.
This was it about this recipe. Tell me how well you liked this recipe in the comments. Also, mention any suggestions or queries in the comments, I’ll try my best to get back to you. Till then, happy eating!