I was thinking of making burgers. So, I thought I’d make an Indian-style burger: the Vada Pav. It is delicious, spicy, and crispy. It is also a vegetarian recipe.
Vada pav is an Indian-style spicy and vegetarian burger. It is famous street food in the Indian state, Maharashtra. Vada pav is a sliced bread roll filled with fried potato dumplings. It is served with different chutneys. It goes well with almost all dips and sauces, whether it is tomato sauce or dry ginger chutney.
To make vada pav, heat oil in a pan. Then, add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, spices, salt, mashed potatoes, green chilies, and coriander leaves to it and cook for some time. Mix chickpea flour, cornflour, spices, and water in a bowl. Make small balls of the potato mixture and dip in the flour batter. Then, deep fry them and place them between sliced bread rolls.
This was just an overview of the recipe. Find the complete recipe below. There are other street food recipes that we’ve covered that you should also check as well.
1. Jicama Chips– Jicamas are round in shape and look like turnips turned brown. They taste exceptional and can also be consumed simply after boiling.
2. Amritsari Chole Kulcha– Amritsari chole kulcha is a famous dish from Indian cuisine. It consists of spicy cooked chickpea and kulcha. It is served with tamarind sauce, onions, tomatoes, and coriander. It is a complete meal and is a great recipe to fulfill your cravings.
3. Coconut Shrimp– If you want a crispy seafood snack then, crispy and delicious coconut shrimp is the best snack for you. It is covered in coconut mixture and is baked to give you a healthy and beautiful bite-sized snack.
4. Gyros– The gyro is a classic Greek meat dish. It is both delicious and easy to make. It can be made with a variety of meat like lamb, beef, or pork. So, you make it however you like and enjoy.
Streets Special Vada Pav in Mumbai Style Recipe
- 4 cups Oil
- ¼ tsp Cumin Seeds
- ¼ tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1 tsp Red Chilly Powder
- ½ tsp Turmeric Powder
- ½ tsp Garam Masala
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 Boiled Potatoes
- 2 Finely Chopped Green Chilies
- 2 tsp Chopped Coriander Leaves
- 1 cup Chickpea Flour
- ¼ tsp Chaat Masala
- 1 tbsp Corn Flour
- 2 Bread Rolls
- 1 tsp Dry Coconut Powder
- Coconut Chutney
- Garlic Chutney
- 2 Fried Mirchi
- Heat one cup of oil in a pan. Add cumin seeds and mustard seeds to it. Roast the seeds for some time.
- Add ¼ tsp red chilly powder, ¼ tsp turmeric powder, ¼ tsp garam masala, ½ tsp salt, mashed potatoes, green chillies, and coriander leaves to it. Cook it for some time. Then, let it cool.
- In a bowl, add 1 cup chickpea flour, ¼ tsp turmeric powder, ¼ tsp garam masala, ½ tsp salt, ¼ tsp red chilly powder, ¼ tsp chat masala, 1 tbsp cornflour, and water. Mix it to make a thick batter.
- Now, heat 3 cups of oil in a pan. Make small balls of the potato mixture and dip them in the batter. Then, add this to the frying pan and deep fry them until they turn golden brown in colour and crispy textured. Place them aside.
- Take the sliced bread rolls and sprinkle dry coconut powder and red chilli powder on them. Place the fried potato dumplings inside them. Serve hot with chutneys.