Out of all recipes for potatoes, Tyler’s mashed potatoes are insanely easy and a perfect Thanksgiving recipe. You can enjoy these creamy spuds with the turkey or as a dip. This dish is loaded with the herbal flavors of bay leaves and chives. Salt and pepper add a basic seasoning touch to it. So, let’s mash up some spuds and turn them into a creamy Thanksgiving side dish.
You can blend the potatoes in a food processor to make Tyler’s mashed potatoes. Try adding more spices to it if you want to heat things up around. If you don’t have a pot, you can steam the potatoes in a ricer or food mill. These potatoes can stay fresh in the refrigerator for 2 to 3 days. Just warm them slightly before serving. Now, let’s start with the recipe for Tyler’s mashed potatoes.
Tyler’s mashed potatoes recipe is quite simple and requires easy-to-handle equipment. Read the lists below to know the equipment and ingredients you need with you before you begin with the recipe.
What Equipment Will You Need For Tyler’s Mashed Potatoes?
- Bowl- To mix the mashed potatoes with the cream, you need a bowl. The size of the bowl depends on the quantity of cream and mashed potatoes.
- Saucepan- Heat the cream and butter in the saucepan to mix it with the mashed potatoes.
- Spatula- Use a spatula to stir the cream with butter and to combine hot cream with mashed potatoes.
- Spoon- Use a spoon or a fork to mash the potatoes in a bowl.
- Pot- Cook potatoes in a large pot. You can use an instant pot or a steamer for this recipe.
- Sieve- Use a large sieve to strain the potatoes and drain the water out of the pot.
- Knife- You can use a chef’s knife or any sharp kitchen knife to cut the potatoes or chives for this recipe.
How Much Time Do You Need To Make Tyler’s Mashed Potatoes?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total time|
|15 Minutes||20 Minutes||35 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need For Tyler’s Mashed Potatoes?
- Potatoes- Peel and cut into quarters four pounds of golden creamer potatoes for this recipe.
- Bay leaf- Use just one bay leaf to add aroma and earthy flavor to mashed potatoes.
- Kosher salt- Kosher salt will enhance the taste of mashed potatoes. You can add it according to your taste.
- Pepper- Black pepper adds a spicy seasoning flavor to the potatoes. So, add a pinch of freshly ground black pepper to the mashed potatoes.
- Heavy cream- Heavy cream will give a nice thick and smooth texture to the potatoes. You can use two cups of heavy cream for this recipe. However, the quantity may vary according to the number of potatoes.
- Butter- Butter will give a nice velvety texture and improve the taste of mashed potatoes. You can use two tablespoons of unsalted butter for this recipe.
- Chives- Chop chives to add a fresh earthy flavor to mashed potatoes. Use two tablespoons of chopped chives.
Steps To Make Tyler’s Mashed Potatoes
1. Prep Potatoes and Butter-Cream Mix
Add potatoes to a large pot containing water over medium heat. Add two tablespoons of salt and a bay leaf to it. Cover with cold water and bring the water in the pot to a boil. Cook the potatoes over medium heat for about 20 minutes. Discard the leaf and drain the water.
Now, add cream to a saucepan over medium heat. Add butter to the saucepan and combine to form and warm butter-cream mix.
2. Combine And Serve
Take a bowl, add mashed potatoes to it. Transfer hot cream from the saucepan to the bowl containing potatoes. Season with salt and pepper. Mix them with a spoon to form creamy smooth mashed potatoes. Add chopped chive, mix, and serve.
|Saturated Fat||16 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||1 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||7 g|
|Trans Fat||1 g|
|Vitamin A||1044 IU|
|Vitamin C||45 mg|
How Will Tyler’s Mashed Potatoes Look and Taste?
Tyler’s mashed potatoes are tender mashed potatoes mixed with heavy cream and butter. These mashed potatoes are flavored with bay leaf, chives and seasoned with salt and pepper. These potatoes can be enjoyed as a side dish with Thanksgiving turkey and meat or as a dip. Try this side dish for Thanksgiving and enjoy your family feast.
Tyler’s Mashed Potatoes Recipe
- 4 pounds Golden Creamer Potatoes (peeled and cut into quarters)
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 2 cups Heavy Cream
- 3 tablespoons Butter (unsalted)
- 2 tablespoons Chives (chopped)
- Kosher Salt
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- To a large pot containing water, add potatoes and cook over medium heat. Add two tablespoons of salt and a bay leaf to the pot. Cover with cold water and bring the water in the pot to a boil. Cook the potatoes over medium heat for about 20 minutes. Discard the leaf and drain the water.
- Pour cream into a saucepan over medium heat. Add butter and combine to form and warm butter-cream mix.
- Mash potatoes in a bowl. Transfer hot cream from the saucepan to this bowl. Season the mixture with salt and pepper. Mix them with a spoon to form creamy smooth mashed potatoes. Add chopped chive, mix, and serve.
Comment below about your experience with this recipe. Try other holiday recipes and enjoy your Thanksgiving feats.