Out of all recipes for potatoes, Tyler mashed potatoes are insanely easy and a perfect Thanksgiving recipe. You can enjoy these creamy spuds with the turkey or as a dip.
This dish is loaded with the herbal flavors of bay leaves and chives. Salt and pepper add a basic seasoning touch to it. So, let’s mash up some spuds and turn them into a creamy Thanksgiving side dish.
To make Tyler mashed potatoes, start by golden creamer potatoes until tender. Prepare butter-cream mixture by melting butter and heavy cream.
In a bowl, add mashed potatoes, butter-cream mix, and spices. Mix well and and top with chopped chives.
You can blend the potatoes in a food processor to make Tyler mashed potatoes. Try adding more spices to it if you want to heat things up around.
If you don’t have a pot, you can steam the potatoes in a ricer or food mill. These potatoes can stay fresh in the refrigerator for 2 to 3 days.
Just warm them slightly before serving. Now, let’s start with the recipe for Tyler mashed potatoes.
Tyler mashed potatoes recipe is quite simple and requires easy-to-handle equipment. If you’re out of bay leaf, you can also use any of the bay leaf substitutes.
Read the lists below to know the equipment and ingredients you need with you before you begin with the recipe.
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Tyler Mashed Potatoes?
- Pot – Cook potatoes in a large pot. You can use an instant pot or a steamer for this recipe.
- Bowl – To mix the mashed potatoes with the cream, you need a bowl. The size of the bowl depends on the quantity of cream and mashed potatoes.
- Saucepan – Heat the cream and butter in the saucepan to mix it with the mashed potatoes.
- Spatula – Use a spatula to stir the cream with butter and to combine hot cream with mashed potatoes.
- Spoon – Use a spoon or a fork to mash the potatoes in a bowl.
- Sieve – Use a large sieve to strain the potatoes and drain the water out of the pot.
- Knife – You can use a chef’s knife or any sharp kitchen knife to cut the potatoes or chives for this recipe.
How Much Time Do You Need To Make Tyler Mashed Potatoes?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total time|
|15 Minutes||20 Minutes||35 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Tyler Mashed Potatoes?
- Potatoes – Peel and cut into quarters four pounds of golden creamer potatoes for this recipe.
- Heavy Cream – Heavy cream will give a nice thick and smooth texture to the potatoes. You can use two cups of heavy cream for this recipe. However, the quantity may vary according to the number of potatoes.
- Butter – Butter will give a nice velvety texture and improve the taste of mashed potatoes. You can use two tablespoons of unsalted butter for this recipe.
- Bay Leaf – Use just one bay leaf to add aroma and earthy flavor to mashed potatoes.
- Chives – Chop chives to add a fresh earthy flavor to mashed potatoes. Use two tablespoons of chopped chives.
- Kosher Salt – Kosher salt will enhance the taste of mashed potatoes. You can add it according to your taste.
- Black Pepper – Black pepper adds a spicy seasoning flavor to the potatoes. So, add a pinch of freshly ground black pepper to the mashed potatoes.
Steps To Make Tyler Mashed Potatoes
1. Prepare The Potatoes
Add potatoes to a large pot containing water over medium heat. Add two tablespoons of salt and a bay leaf to it. Cover with cold water and bring the water in the pot to a boil.
Cook the potatoes over medium heat for about 20 minutes until tender. Discard the leaf and drain the water.
Now, add cream to a saucepan over medium heat. Add butter to the pan and combine to form and warm butter-cream mix.
2. Combine And Serve
Take a bowl, mash boiled potatoes using a spoon. Transfer hot cream from the pan to the bowl containing potatoes.
Season it with salt and pepper. Mix them with a spoon to form creamy smooth mashed potatoes.
Add chopped chives, mix, and serve hot.
|Saturated Fat||16 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||1 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||7 g|
|Trans Fat||1 g|
|Vitamin A||1044 IU|
|Vitamin C||45 mg|
How Will Tyler Mashed Potatoes Look and Taste Like?
Tyler mashed potatoes are tender mashed potatoes mixed with heavy cream and butter. These mashed potatoes are flavored with bay leaf, chives, and seasoned with salt and pepper.
These mashed potatoes are creamy and flavorful, with just the right amount of salt. They’re fluffy and delicious with a hint of earthy flavor. If you want to add something extra, try topping them with freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
These potatoes can be enjoyed as a side dish with Thanksgiving turkey and meat or as a dip. Try this side dish for Thanksgiving and enjoy your family feast.
Tyler Mashed Potatoes Recipe
- 4 pounds Golden Creamer Potatoes (peeled and cut into quarters)
- 2 cups Heavy Cream
- 3 tablespoons Butter (unsalted)
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 2 tablespoons Chives (chopped)
- ½ teaspoon Kosher Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- To a large pot containing water, add potatoes and cook over medium heat.
- Add two tablespoons of salt and a bay leaf to the pot. Cover with cold water and bring the water in the pot to a boil.
- Cook the potatoes over medium heat for about 20 minutes until tender. Discard the leaf and drain the water.
- Pour cream into a saucepan over medium heat. Add butter and combine to form and warm butter-cream mix.
- Mash potatoes in a bowl. Transfer hot cream from the saucepan to this bowl.
- Season the mixture with salt and pepper. Mix them with a spoon to form creamy smooth mashed potatoes. Add chopped chive, mix, and serve.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What are Tyler mashed potatoes?
Tyler mashed potatoes are a type of mashed potato dish that is made with Tyler cheese. The dish is named after the city of Tyler, Texas, where it was first created.
What are some tips for making the best Tyler mashed potatoes?
Some tips for making the best Tyler mashed potatoes include using starchy potatoes such as Russet or Yukon Gold, boiling the potatoes until they are very soft, and using a potato ricer or food mill to get a smooth consistency.
If you want a creamier dish, you can also add in additional milk or cream. For a cheesy flavor, use more Tyler cheese. And finally, be sure to season your dish with salt and pepper to taste.
Can I make Tyler mashed potatoes ahead of time?
Yes, you can make Tyler mashed potatoes ahead of time. Simply prepare the dish according to recipe instructions and then store in a covered container in the fridge for up to two days. When ready to serve, simply reheat in the microwave or oven until warmed through.
What else can I serve with Tyler mashed potatoes?
Tyler mashed potatoes go well with many different dishes. Some popular sides include roasted vegetables, grilled meats, or even a simple green salad.
Tyler mashed potatoes are a type of mashed potato dish made with Tyler cheese. They are named after the city of Tyler, Texas, where they were first created. You can also add in other ingredients such as green onions or garlic for extra flavor.
Comment below about your experience with this recipe. Try other holiday recipes and enjoy your Thanksgiving feats.