Turmeric rice is a great and easy fried rice recipe with the goodness of turmeric and the flavors of other spices. It is really easy to make and is a great dish to make if you have leftover rice. You can make it in under 30 minutes.
Turmeric is a very healthy ingredient and should be incorporated into daily meals. It has powerful anti-inflammatory and healing properties. It also helps in maintaining clear and glowing skin.
To make turmeric rice, boil water in a pot and cook rice in it. In a pan, add butter and olive oil. Add onions to it and cook them until they become golden brown. Then, add garlic, turmeric powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Add the cooked rice to it and stir. Stir it until the rice and spices mix well. Then, serve.
This was just a summary of the recipe. Find the complete recipe below. There are many other recipes that you can make with rice, I highly recommend you to check them as well.
1. Southwestern Rice– Southwestern rice is a delicious and colorful rice dish that goes great with Texan and Mexican meals. It includes a lot of veggies and is really healthy. It is also easy to cook and isn’t much time-consuming.
2. Carrot Rice– This recipe is a delicious and healthy recipe. It is made from sauteed vegetables, rice and spices. It is flavorful and aromatic. It is also really simple to make.
3. Brown Rice– This brown rice has many benefits other than traditional rice noodles. It contains high fiber, which is good for your metabolism and cholesterol is not an issue if you have brown rice.
4. South Indian Tomato Rice– South Indian style Tomato Rice with lots of spices. This is favorite way to make tomato rice, it tastes so good with pickle and a side of yogurt.
Ingredients for Turmeric Rice Recipe
|White Rice||1 cup|
|Garlic (minced)||2 cloves|
|Onion (diced)||1/4 cup|
|Olive Oil||2 tablespoons|
|Turmeric Powder||1 teaspoon|
|Garlic Powder||1 teaspoon|
|Ground Black Pepper||1 teaspoon|
Now, we have all the ingredients in our list, So let’s see how much time this Turmeric Rice recipe will consume.
How much time it will take?
|Prep time||Cook time||Total time||Servings|
|10 mins||20 mins||30 mins||4-6|
Now, we have the approximate idea of time that this Turmeric rice will consume. Now, let’s move towards the final destination that is the procedure to make Turmeric Rice.
Turmeric Rice Recipe
- In a pot, add water and bring it to a boil. Then, put rice in it and cook it.
- In a large pan, add butter and olive oil. Add diced onions to it. Cook them until the onions become golden brown.
- Then, add minced garlic to the pan. Also, add turmeric powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Lastly, add the cooked rice and stir it until all the spices get mixed with the rice.
- Stir the rice for some time and then remove it from the flame. Your turmeric rice is ready.
Nutritional Facts of Turmeric Rice