If you want to try a unique recipe, then I have just the recipe for you. The recipe I a sharing with you is for turkey mango picadillo. The recipe in itself is simple and easy to make. It combines turkey with salsa and mango and the result is a beautiful and delicious dish.
Picadillo is a dish that originated in Mexico and the Philippines. It is a dish that is mainly made with ground meat, tomatoes, olives, and some other ingredients. The turkey mango picadillo uses ground turkey meat, salsa instead of plain tomatoes, and mango for a great and unique touch.
To make turkey mango picadillo, cook the turkey in a skillet and then remove the fat. Add oil to the same skillet. Then, add scallions, thyme, cumin, oregano, garlic, cinnamon, and coriander to it. Lastly, add salsa and mango to it and cook it for some time. Serve the turkey mango picadillo over brown rice.
This is just a snippet of the recipe. Find the complete recipe below. There are other main course recipes on our blog as well that you should also check.
1. Chicken Potato Stew– Chicken potato stew is the ultimate comfort food. It combines delicious chicken and crispy golden skin with baby potatoes and refreshing herbs and turns it all into a one-pot meal. It is fulfilling and delicious.
2. Sous Vide Broccoli– Broccoli is one of the vegetables that we should have in our diet. The reason why I am saying this is because Broccoli has some major health benefits like it is a major source for some major nutrients for our body like Vitamin A, C, E, K.
3. Au Gratin Potatoes– This Au Gratin Potatoes recipe is a blend of evenly sized potatoes mixed with some butter and shredded cheese. Sounds delicious right? So let’s rock n roll and make these perfect Au gratin Potatoes at home.
4. Mustard Chicken– Boneless chicken breasts soak up a comforting sauce filled with Dijon, herbs, and wine. There is only one feeling you get when sitting down to eat this French Mustard Chicken, pure decadence.
Turkey Mango Picadillo Recipe
- 1 pound Turkey Breast
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 1 large Mango
- ½ cup Scallions
- 2 cups Cooked Brown Rice
- 1 cup Fat-Free Salsa
- 1 tablespoon Canola Oil
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Ground Coriander
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 1 teaspoon Dried Thyme
- Take a large skillet and cook the turkey in it over medium heat.
- Stir until it turns brown and after 5 minutes, remove the fat.
- Leave the skillet as it is on the heat and add some oil to it.
- After oil, add scallions, thyme, cumin, oregano, garlic, cinnamon, and coriander.
- Cook and stir the mixture for around 2 minutes.
- Now, add salsa and mango to the skillet and stir it continuously for about 2 minutes.
- Serve the tasty turkey mango picadillo over brown rice.