Is it even Thanksgiving if there is no Turkey involved? Of course not! Turkey is the main part of a Thanksgiving feast, and it is absolutely delicious if made well. Now, making it well can be tough, and hence, a turkey injection seasoning is necessary. So, I have the best turkey injection seasoning for you!
For people who may not have tried making a whole turkey at home before, it may sound like too much of a task or even intimidating, for that matter. But trust me, it truly is not! This recipe is actually very easy to follow.
It is also a time-efficient recipe, so in case you are concerned about that, even there, it should not really be an issue. Moreover, this turkey injection seasoning will give your turkey the perfect flavor and texture it needs.
After all, that is what turkey injections are all about! To give you some perfectly flavored meat which is also juicy and cooked well. So, in this article, you will get a detailed guide on how you can make this exceptionally easy and delicious turkey injection seasoning.
Before I get to the method and ingredients, I have also mentioned some important points like what equipment will be needed to make this seasoning, along with the time you will need. Lastly, all of this is followed by the ingredients, method, and also nutritional information. So, let us take a look at this recipe now!
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Turkey Injection Seasoning?
- Saucepan – The main step when it comes to making a turkey injection seasoning is to heat all the ingredients together. So, for that, you will need a large saucepan.
- Whisk – A whisk can be a handy tool when it comes to mixing all the ingredients together. However, if you don’t have one, you can also use a large spoon.
- Measuring Cups And Spoons – Although this isn’t baking, measuring cups and spoons can be useful to get exact measurements while following a recipe.
- Bowl – You will need a medium-sized bowl to measure all the ingredients that are to be added separately to the saucepan. Moreover, you will also need a large bowl to transfer this seasoning to once it’s ready.
- Spoon – A large spoon, along with some tablespoons and teaspoons, will be needed for this recipe. However, this is only if you don’t have a whisk and measuring cups.
- Meat Injector – To actually inject the seasoning into the turkey, you will need a meat injector.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Turkey Injection Seasoning?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Resting Time||Total Time|
|5 Minutes||10 Minutes||15 Minutes||30 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Turkey Injection Seasoning
- Lemon Juice – An acidic base is one of the most important ingredients when it comes to marinating meat. It helps tenderize the meat well, and hence, you will need about a cup of either bottled unsweetened or freshly squeezed lemon juice.
- Unsalted Butter – Butter, or any sort of fat for that matter, helps improve the flavor of any meat and also locks it in at the same time. For this recipe, you will need ¾ cup of unsalted butter. You can use salted butter, too, if you would like, but make sure you adjust the quantity of the extra salt added to the recipe.
- Olive Oil – Adding olive oil to this recipe will also help retain the moisture better and also keep the flavors more intact. Use ¼ cup of olive oil.
- Apple Cider Vinegar – Apple cider vinegar, just like lemon juice, will help tenderize the meat. Moreover, apple cider vinegar will also help enhance the flavor. You won’t need much of it, just around two tablespoons.
- Worcestershire Sauce – Meat tends to have an umami flavor, and the more it is enhanced, the better it tastes! Worcestershire sauce will add the perfect amount of umami flavor. You will need two spoons of the same. You can use dark soy sauce of the same quantity, in case you don’t have any Worcestershire sauce.
- Hot Sauce – Doesn’t meat taste much better if it is enhanced with a little bit of spice? Hot sauce will surely enhance the flavor of the meat really well. For this recipe, you will need two teaspoons, but you can easily increase or decrease the quantity as per your taste.
- Garlic Powder – Garlic powder will again help with improving the flavor of this seasoning. Use around one tablespoon of the same.
- Onion Powder – For this recipe, you will need ½ tablespoon of onion powder.
- Black Pepper – Black pepper will also add a slight kick of spice, along with the hot sauce. Use one teaspoon of black pepper for this recipe.
- Salt – No recipe can be complete without this really important seasoning, that is, salt. Use a teaspoon of salt for this recipe.
- Turkey – Of course, as we are making this seasoning for a turkey, you will need a large turkey too. I have also mentioned how exactly you can inject the turkey with this seasoning.
Steps To Make Turkey Injection Seasoning
1. Get All Your Ingredients Ready
The first step while making this recipe is just to collect your ingredients and get them ready. Initially, you can weigh out the lemon juice and the butter in the saucepan. The rest of the ingredients, except the turkey, can all be kept in a bowl.
2. Let’s Get Cooking
Once all your ingredients are ready and in place, you can begin the cooking process. For that, heat the butter and lemon juice that you measured out in a saucepan over a medium flame.
Once the butter has melted, add in the rest of the ingredients, like the olive oil, apple cider vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper, and also salt. Let it simmer for 5-7 minutes until it is fragrant.
3. Let It Cool
Once your turkey injection seasoning is ready, transfer it to a separate container and let it cool till it comes to room temperature. Once it is down to room temperature, you can begin injecting your turkey.
How To Inject A Turkey With Turkey Injection Seasoning?
Once the turkey injection seasoning is ready, it is finally time to inject the turkey. For that, fill the meat injector with the turkey injection seasoning. Then, poke the turkey breast, the meatiest part of it, with some of this seasoning.
Try using at least ½ ounce of liquid with every injection. Also, don’t poke too many holes in the turkey; instead, adjust the angles of the needle to inject as much of the seasoning as possible. Once done, pat the turkey dry and let it rest for 20 minutes before you begin cooking it.
|Saturated Fat||22 grams|
|Trans Fat||1 gram|
|Vitamin A||1050 micrograms|
|Vitamin C||1 milligram|
How Will The Turkey Injection Seasoning Look And Taste Like?
Once all the kitchen work is over, it is finally time to inject the turkey with this delicious seasoning and, yes, finally cook it. This seasoning, as you may have seen already, is super easy to make and looks quite similar to a broth.
Of course, you won’t be trying the seasoning as it is. But, once you inject it into the turkey and try it, you will see how delicious and juicy your turkey will turn out to be, rather than without! So, don’t forget to make this for Thanksgiving and enjoy a truly delicious feast.
Turkey Injection Seasoning Recipe
- 1 cup Lemon Juice
- 3/4 cup Unsalted Butter
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 teaspoons Hot Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tablespoon Onion Powder
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- Weigh out the lemon juice and the butter in a sauce pan.
- Weigh the rest of the ingredients out in a separate bowl.
- Place the saucepan over a medium flame and let the butter melt.
- Once the butter has melted, add in the rest of the ingredients like olive oil, apple cider vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper and salt.
- Let this mixture simmer on a medium heat for 5-7 minutes, until fragrant.
- Once the seasoning is ready, transfer it to a separate bowl and let it cool down to room temperature.
- Once the seasoning has cooled down, you can begin injecting your turkey with the help of a meat injector.
Let me know in the comments how this recipe turns out for you! For more such recipes, do check out our recipe section.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can the turkey injection seasoning be stored once it is made?
Yes, this turkey injection seasoning can be made beforehand and stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Can this seasoning be used for any type of poultry?
Yes, this seasoning can be used for other types of poultry, like chicken, just in smaller quantities.
Is it necessary to rest the turkey before you cook it once you inject the seasoning?
It isn’t necessary to do so, but resting it will make the turkey taste better.