A good meal is what we all like to have. My idea is to have a meal full of flavours and nutrients that are healthy and can satisfy my hunger for good food. Who does not want to have a meal comprising all these factors? I will help you out if you want to a meal like this. In my opinion, Fish is a perfect meal for lunch.
Fish contains omega-3 fatty acids that may help in reducing the fat. It also has proteins that increase your metabolism by making you feel full. There are various types of fish consumed worldwide: salmon, tuna, trout, halibut, cod and sardine. The most eaten fish in the world is shrimp, then tuna followed by salmon. Served with some vegetables or chips or as a sandwich, it is easy to prepare meals. So today I am here to share the recipe for Tuna Fish Sandwich with you all.
Tuna fish is the most popular fish and everyone loves to eat it. It is also healthy as the fatty acids in the fish help in reducing diseases of the heart. You might have hated tuna at some point in time but having it in your sandwich will make you crave it again.
Tuna fish in the form of a sandwich is great for lunch. This sandwich can be packed for your office lunch or your kid at school. It is a healthy meal all together as it will not only include fish but vegetables too. Tuna salad can be used with croissants, bagels, pita bread and crackers.
I love to have a tuna sandwich. I will suggest adding less mayonnaise as it will give your sandwich a healthy version. Adding too much of mayonnaise will add more calories to it. Let’s look up to the ingredients to start up with this recipe. But here are some other amazing recipes that you should definitely try.
1. Bacon Sandwich– Bacon sandwich is just the right breakfast meal for meat and sandwich enthusiasts. It has crunchy strips of roasted bacon along with fresh vegetables and toppings. This makes it a great breakfast sandwich.
2. Burrito Burger– Burrito burgers are an amazing snacking option loved by most people. This recipe was a twist to a normal hamburger that are juicy and delicious.
3. Bison Burger– People make Bison Burger in different styles and I have found the best Bison Burger Recipe for you people.
4. Club Sandwich– A Club Sandwich is one of the most iconic sandwiches on any menu! Layers of ham, bacon and turkey with juicy tomatoes, crisp lettuce and cheddar cheese create the perfect bite.
Ingredients for Tuna Salad Sandwich
|Tuna Fish||1 can|
|Cottage Cheese||1/3 cup|
|Red Onions||¼ cup|
|Celery Stalk||½ cup|
|Lemon Juice||1 tablespoon|
|Dijon Mustard||1 tablespoon|
|Bread Slices||2 slices|
|Lettuce and tomatoes||optional|
Easy to find ingredients, right? You can even find it in your kitchen. The recipe is easy to make too. All you have to do is mix up the ingredients and serve it. Now let’s check out how much time do you need to invest in making this Tuna Salad Sandwich at home.
How Much Time Will It Take?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|10 minutes||N/A||10 minutes|
This is ready to go recipe as it does not take much of your time. You have to grab the ingredients, mix them, spread on a bread slice and serve it. It can help you satisfy your hunger in minutes.
Tuna Salad Sandwich Recipe
- Take a large bowl, add all the above-listed ingredients to it.
- Mix them so that they combine well.
- Your tuna salad is ready.
- Take the bread slices and toast them.
- Spread this mixture on one slice of the bread; you can add lettuce and tomatoes over the mix if you want and top it with another bread slice.
- Your Sandwich is ready to serve.
- You can have the mixture as a salad too.
- Cut your vegetables finely so that it’s easy to fill them into bread slices.
- You can swap tuna with egg, ham or chicken if you prefer chicken or ham more.
No matter what you add up to the sandwich, it will turn out delicious. You can add up any of your favourite ingredient to make it taste as per your preference.
Nutritional Breakdown of Tuna Salad Sandwich
To check the nutritional breakdown of this Tuna Salad Sandwich, you can check the table below.
How to Make Tuna Salad Sandwich at Home | Video
I have added a video recipe for the Tuna Sandwich. It will be easy for you to prepare after watching the video. I hope you will like it.
Are you thinking of trying out this recipe? Make sure to try making this sandwich at home as its worth trying. And also, find the comment section below and please add your reviews and any suggestion. We will be delighted to help you out and work on your recommendations. Thank you!