The croquettes are fried nuggets like dish, which can be of vegetables, seafood or meat. They are very famous for their crunchy and juicy texture. The Croquettes are a binder which always has some filling in it. It has different versions all around the world and is known by various names in other continents. If we talk about the United States, the Crab Cake is one of the famous croquettes in the region.
Today I am going to share such a recipe with all of you. It is famous in various parts of the United States and Europe as well. This recipe is called Tuna Croquette. Tuna is found in almost every region of the world and is known for its high nutritional values.
The recipe is very delicious and can be made very quickly. The best part is it takes very little in time to get prepared. You can serve this recipe to your guests if you are hosting any party or family gathering. Try this recipe at home and surprise your guests with your exceptional cooking skills.
Let’s start making tuna croquettes at home without any extra efforts. Here is the best recipe that you can find on the whole internet.
First, you need to go to the nearest supermarket or grocery store to get the ingredients that I have listed below in the table. Also, there are other recipes that you can have as starters, let’s check them out.
1. Little Caesars Chicken Wings– Little Caesars is one of the most popular pizza chain in America. And their hot and wild chicken wings are one of the best that you can easily prepare at your home.
2. Grilled Eel– The dish is crisp on the outside and tender from the inside. But if you cook it on high heat, then you do not need to steam it to remove the fat.
3. Guyanese Beef Patties– Beef patties are like hand pies with juicy and tender minced beef inside and a flaky pastry on the outside. This recipe has a perfect ratio of crust and filling.
4. Meatloaf Sliders– Meatloaf sliders give a twist to your classic moist and delicious meatloaf and make them one of the best snacks. These little sandwiches are the best thing for your taste buds as well as your hungry gut.
Ingredients for Tuna Croquettes
|Garlic clove (minced)||1 pc|
|Whole milk||1 cup|
|Chunk tuna||1 can|
|Bread crumbs||2/3 cup|
|Vegetable oil||2 cups|
Time is the only reason why many recipes are just rejected even if you love and want to make them at home, but this is not the case. Here is the time needed to make this recipe and don’t be surprised by the time involved.
How Much Time It Will Take?
|Preparation time||Cooking time||Total time|
|5 minutes||20 minutes||25 minutes|
Everyone in the house is going to love this recipe once they taste it. And I am sure you will try this recipe at home because this recipe is very easy to make and no unique ingredients are needed to make these Tuna croquettes at home. So let’s quickly begin the cooking procedure and taste this yummy dish.
Tuna Croquettes Recipe
- Take a saucepan and add some butter in it; after it melts, then add garlic and onions and sauté them until they are soft. Now add salt, pepper, flour and paprika in this mixture and stir it continuously.
- Cook this mixture for 2 minutes until you see bubbles rising from it.
- Now add the milk and keep stirring this mixture until it thickens; now add the tuna fish and mix it with a spoon.
- After the mixture is thoroughly cooked and dry, then transfer this mixture into any bowl and refrigerate it for about 2 hours.
- After resting the tuna mixture, apply some water to your hands and make oval-shaped patties.
- Now in another shallow dish, beat the egg and place the bread crumbs in another dish as well.
- Now coat the croquettes with egg and then put it in bread crumbs. Coat them well with the bread crumbs.
- Take a heavy and deep skillet and fill it with vegetable oil and heat it to 3500F.
- Now add these tuna croquettes gently into them and deep fry them for about 2 minutes until they are golden brown.
- After frying, drain the excess oil by placing them on a paper towel. Serve it hot along with any sauce or dip.
So the recipe is completed and now you can enjoy these delicious Tuna Croquettes at home.
Nutritional Breakdown of Tuna Croquettes
Nutritional values help maintain the diet and health schedule. Here is the complete nutritional breakdown of this recipe provided below.
How to Make Tuna Croquettes at Home | Video
Here is a video of this recipe for your help. Watch the video and know the complete details of this recipe and some tips and tricks that can save you precious time.
The recipe is worth trying. You can tell us the experiences and stories you had while making this recipe in the box below. We always love to hear from you guys and are very keen to know what you liked about our recipes.
Please share this recipe with your friends and relatives if you liked it and watch some more cool recipes that we bring daily only for you guys. Till then, have a great day and do take excellent care of yourself.