Today’s recipe is Tuna Casserole. It is mainly comprised of pasta, canned tuna, canned peas and sometimes corn is used. This delicious recipe is going to be one of your favorite tuna recipes.
Since my childhood days, I have been totally in love with this dish. My grandma used to make delicious tuna casserole every time I visited her. She taught me her recipe which I will be sharing with you.
To make Tuna Casserole, first cook noodles and peas in water. In another bowl, mix mushroom soup cream, sour cream, cheese, milk, salt, tuna, onion and pepper. Transfer this mixture along with the noodles and peas to a baking dish. Now, mix breadcrumbs with butter and put it over the mixture as a topping. Bake it in the oven for 20 minutes. Your casserole is ready!
This was just a brief overview of the recipe. The detailed stepwise procedure, along with proper proportions of the ingredients are listed further. I am sure you would love this tuna casserole recipe. So, let’s start with listing the ingredients.
Tuna Casserole Recipe
- Baking Dish
- 5 Cup Egg Noodles
- 1 Cup Peas
- 1 Can Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1 Cup Sour Cream
- 2/3 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- ⅓ Cup Milk
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 2 Cans Tuna
- ¼ Cups Onion
- ¼ Cup Green Pepper
- ½ Cup Soft Bread Crumbs
- 1 tbsp Butter
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Put the noodles and peas in water-filled pan and boil them. Drain the noodles and keep them aside.
- Take a large bowl, put mushroom soup cream, sour cream, cheese, milk and salt in it. Add the tuna to it and stir with onion and pepper inside.
- Add the cooked noodles and peas to the bowl and mix it all thoroughly.
- Take a big baking dish and transfer all of the mixtures inside it.
- Take a separate small bowl. Add breadcrumbs and melted butter in it and mix it.
- Spread it over the mixture.
- Take the baking dish and bake it for 25-30 minutes uncovered. The dish is ready to be served.