Today’s recipe is Tuna Casserole that is mainly made up with pasta, canned tuna, canned peas and sometimes corn. This delicious recipe is going to be favourite for all the non-vegetarian lovers out there. It is mouthwatering. Today, we are going to learn how to make tuna casserole.
Since my childhood days, I have been totally in love with this dish. My grandma used to make delicious tuna casserole every time I visited her in California. She taught me her recipe which I am going to share with you all below. I am sure you would love this recipe a lot.
To make Tuna Casserole, first cook noodles and peas in water. Then in another bowl, mix mushroom soup cream, sour cream, cheese, milk, salt, tuna, onion, pepper. In a baking dish, transfer it all with noodles and peas. Now mix breadcrumbs with butter and put it over the mixture as topping and bake the whole in the oven for 20 minutes and it’s ready.
This was just a brief overview of the recipe. The detailed stepwise procedure, along with proper proportions of the ingredients are listed further. I am sure you would love this tuna casserole and share the recipe further with your friends and family. So let’s start with the listing.
Ingredients Required For Tuna Casserole
- 5 Cups Egg Noodles
- 1 Cup Peas
- 1 Can Cream Of Mushroom Soup
- 1 Cup Sour Cream
- 2/3 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1/3 Cup Milk
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 2 Cans Tuna
- 1/4 Cup Finely Chopped Onion
- 1/4 Cup Finely Chopped Green Pepper
- 1/2 Cup Soft Bread Crumbs
- 1 Tablespoon Melted Butter
These are all the ingredients that are required for making delicious tuna casserole. You can grab these from the nearby supermarket. Now, let’s know how much time this baked casserole will take to be ready.
How Much Time It Will Take To Make Tuna Casserole?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|15 minutes||20 minutes||35 minutes|
Now let’s check out the steps that you need to follow to make this dish at your home.
Steps To Prepare Tuna Casserole
- First, keep the oven heated at 350 degrees. Take a pan, put noodles and peas in water and start cooking. Then drain it and extract the noodles.
- Take a large bowl, put mushroom soup cream, sour cream, cheese, milk and salt. Then add tuna inside and start stirring with onion and pepper inside.
- Add the cooked noodles and peas to the bowl and mix it all thoroughly.
- Take a big baking dish and transfer all of the mixtures inside it.
- Take a separate small bowl and add breadcrumbs with melted butter in it and mix it. Spread it as a topping over the mixture.
- Take the whole thing and bake it for 25-30 minutes uncovered. Then the dish is ready to serve.
That’s it. Your tuna casserole is ready to be served, enjoy it with your family and friends.
Nutritional Breakdown Of Tuna Casserole
If being delectable, this baked dish provides you with nutrition too; what else can you wish for. So, here is a list of nutrients it provides
How to Make Tuna Casserole at Home | Video
I have also uploaded a video that can help you in the process. Watch the video and try to make this nutritious plus tasty dish at home.
I hope you’ve liked this tuna casserole recipe.You can also check our website and try some other dishes. Also, drop in your suggestions if you want any other recipe. Till then, enjoy and happy cooking!