Tuna Alfredo Casserole is pasta made in a casserole with tuna and some vegetables. You can even use frozen vegetables in the recipe. Using frozen vegetables will be a great time saver, as you do not have to chop several vegetables.
Make sure that you slightly undercook the pasta before adding up other ingredients. This should be done because the pasta will be cooked again in the casserole. It may get mushy when you add perfectly cooked pasta to the casserole.
To make tuna alfredo casserole, slightly undercook the pasta. Then, add tuna, pasta sauce, peas, oregano, basil, and garlic powder to a saucepan and cook. Add the pasta to it and stir. Transfer the pasta to a casserole dish and top with parmesan cheese. Bake it for 15 minutes. Your tuna alfredo casserole is ready!
This is just an overview of the recipe. There are other main course recipes on our blog as well that you should also check.
1. Jellied Eels– Jellied Eel is a traditional dish that has its roots in England. It is served cold. It is really simple to make and has simple ingredients too.
2. Baked Stuffed Lobster– Lobster always remains attractive as seafood. But this combination of lobster with shrimp will be a super different concept for a fancy dinner.
3. Brazilian Fish Stew– A fish stew can be served with rice or tortillas. A Brazilian stew is also called Moqueca; it can be made with the fish you prefer in coconut milk and chili, tomatoes, lemon and onions.
4. Sous Vide Swordfish– This teriyaki swordfish is a healthy, delicious recipe that will keep you wanting more. The teriyaki sauce is a perfect compliment to the fish, but will not overpower.
Ingredients for Tuna Alfredo Casserole
|Fettuccine Pasta||8 ounces|
|Tuna||1-5 ounce can drained|
|Alfredo Style Pasta Sauce||½- 16 ounce jar|
|Garlic Powder||1 teaspoon|
|Oregano (dried)||1 teaspoon|
|Basil (dried)||1 teaspoon|
|Peas||1-15 ounce can drained|
|Parmesan Cheese (grated)||1/3 cup|
How Much Time Will It Take?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|15 minutes||20 minutes||35 minutes|
Tuna Alfredo Casserole Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 400oF.
- Take a large pot. Add water, salt and pasta to it. Bring the pasta to a boil until it is slightly undercooked. It may take 8-10 minutes.
- In a saucepan, add tuna, pasta sauce, peas, oregano, basil, and garlic powder. Cook all of it on a medium flame.
- Once the sauce done, add cooked pasta to it and stir. Transfer this pasta to a casserole dish.
- Top it with parmesan cheese and bake it for 15 minutes.
- Then, take it out and serve hot!
Tuna gives a unique taste to the pasta. This pasta is a must-try and going to be among the favorites of the tuna lover. The Italian flavor of the cottage fries will go exceptionally well with the pasta.
Nutritional Breakdown of Tuna Alfredo Casserole