Sweet is something everyone craves to have. Whether it is to have a dessert after your meals or to have it as a mid-meal, I have a sweet tooth and I am pretty sure you must be having a sweet tooth too. A dessert can enlighten the mood. It makes a great end to our meal and I love to end my meal with a good mouth-watering dessert.
There are various varieties of sweets like cakes, ice creams, chocolates, cookies and puddings. Every country has its own culture of deserts like America is known for its Apple pie and puddings, Turkey for Baklava, France for its Crème Brulee and India for its Gulab Jamun.
Pudding seems interesting, so let’s opt for a pudding recipe today then. Puddings are of various types like rice pudding, custard pudding, tapioca pudding, bread pudding and the list goes on. And the pudding recipe that I will discuss with all you today is Tapioca Pudding.
Tapioca was first discovered in Brazil and now it is available in places like South America, Asia and Africa. It is extracted from the cassava root. Tapioca looks like small pearls; however, it varies in different sizes. It is a gluten-free food but high in carbohydrates, so do not consider it a low-calorie food. Tapioca can be used in dessert or as a thickening agent for soups and its flour can be used in making cakes, biscuits and bread.
I am very fond of tapioca. I love having it in the form of a salty meal cooked with vegetables. That’s my type of comfort meal. Tapioca as a pudding makes a beautiful dessert. You can have it hot or cold, whatever you feel like. I am delighted to share its recipe with you all as it will be loved by the kids at your place and can be made any time you crave something sweet. Here you go with the ingredients to cook a healthy dessert. But before we jump onto the recipe, let’s check out some other desserts that you might like.
1. Sticky Toffee Pudding– Sticky toffee pudding is a British dessert that is popular in the UK and also in other territories like Australia and New Zealand. It is considered as one of the finest English desserts and it’s my favorite too, because of its moist texture and sweet taste.
2. Lemon Sherbet– This lemon sherbet is quite popular in the European and some American bars and restaurants. And the best part is that it’s really easy to make one.
3. Bohemian Kolaches– Kolaches are sweet pastries famous in Czech, which are made of yeast dough with a filling of fruit or cheese. Though it is a sweet dish, yet it is healthier than a donut.
4. Mongo Sorbet– Mango Sorbet is a delightful recipe you can try at your home during summers. If you are not a sorbet fan, then this recipe will make you fall in love with sorbet.
Ingredients for Tropica Pudding
|Whole Milk||3 cups|
|Vanilla extract||½ teaspoon|
Such basic ingredients. These are readily available in any supermarket and most probably, you will find all of them in your pantry. It is easy to cook recipe which tastes good and is loved by almost everyone. Without any delay, let’s see how much time it will take to prepare this yummy pudding.
How Much Time Will It Take?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|10 minutes||15 minutes||25 minutes|
As time suggests, it does not take much of your time. But it’s a dish you have to prepare with full care as you don’t want your utensil get burnt. So let’s check out the directions you need to follow to make Tropica Pudding at home.
Tropica Pudding Recipe
- In a saucepan, add tapioca, milk, sugar and salt. Bring this mixture to boil on a medium flame with continuous stirring.
- After a boil, cook it for more than 5 minutes and stir constantly.
- Beat the eggs and whisk it with 1 cup of hot milk. Put this mixture into tapioca and stir till it combines well.
- Put the flame a little less than medium and cook for 2 minutes longer until it thickens and gets coated on the spoon.
- Please remove it from the stove and add vanilla to it.
- The pudding is ready to serve.
Tapioca pudding is worth all the attention. Its creaminess will make you drool for it more. Now, grab a spoonful of it before it finishes off. Enjoy!
Nutritional Breakdown of Tropica Pudding
How to Make Tropica Pudding at Home | Video
Here is the video to help you in every step of cooking. If you want to know more details of the recipe, kindly watch this video as it will help you.
So what are your views about this Tropica Pudding recipe? Let me know your reviews to help you out if anything has to be made clear. I am happy to help you. Share this recipe with your friends and do comment in the section below with your experience and queries.