Nachos from a trash can? Would you be ready to eat it? What if I say this unique concept was invented by celebrity Chef Guy Fieri? Well, Trash Can Nachos are served in his restaurant. This dish finds its place in Mexican style eateries located at The Rio Hotel in Las Vegas and Harrah’s in Laughlin, Nevada as well.
I discovered this yummy dish in one of these restaurants. I was told about Trash Can Nachos Recipe by the chef there. So amazed I was after I learnt about Guy Fieri’s cheesy dish. I came home and decided to prepare it with the help of my friend. Trust me, we had a delicious meal that day. I loved to make it. After all, isn’t it amazing to reuse a can? Guy Fieri deserves applause for his creativity.
By now, you must be curious to learn how Trash Can Nachos are made. What would its taste be like? How much time does it take? So, without further ado, let’s check out Trash Can Nachos Recipe.
Ingredients required for Trash Can Nachos Recipe
|Minced garlic||3 cloves|
|Lime juice||2 tbsp|
|Kosher salt||1 1/2 tbsp|
|Skirt steak||8 ounces|
|Whole milk||1 cup|
|Heavy cream||1 cup|
|Grated mild cheddar||2 ounces|
|Monterey Jack||2 ounces|
|Asadero cheese||2 ounces|
|Minced pickled jalapenos||1 tbsp|
|Pickled jalapeno juice||1 tbsp|
|Pico de Gallo||2 tbsp|
|Dried black beans||1 cup|
|Minced sweet onion||1/2 cup|
|Large tin can||110 ounce empty can|
|Dried Mexico oregano||1 tsp|
|Tortilla chips||1/4 pound|
How much time will it take ?
|Preparation time||Cooking time||Total time|
|20 minutes||1 hour 20 minutes||2 hours|
Trash Can Nachos Recipe
- Take a dish and put steak in it.
- Then mix lime juice, 2 minced garlic cloves and 1 tablespoon kosher salt, and rub it over the steak from both sides.
- Refrigerate it for 30 minutes.
- Grill over high heat until it gets charred completely. Leave it for some time then chop.
- Put butter and flour in a saucepan over medium heat whisking until it gets smooth and toasted.
- Put milk and heavy cream into it and bring it to boil.
- Whisk in Monterey Jack, Oaxaca, grated mild cheddar and asadero cheese until they get melted.
- Put a pinch each of cayenne and cumin; jalapeno juice, minced pickled jalapenos and pico de gallo.
- Remove the contents from heat and keep them warm.
- Drain rinsed and soaked dried black beans and transfer to a saucepan. Add water and bring it to boil.
- Now, put sweet onion, minced garlic 1/2 tablespoon kosher salt and Mexican Oregano to the saucepan.
- Simmer until the beans are tender.
- Now, spoon some of the melty cheese in a tin can. Layer it up by tortilla chips one-quarter of the way up.
- Put more cheese over the chips. Layer up with steak and beans as well. Season it with sliced red onion, sliced jalapeno, pico de gallo and drizzle with Mexican crema.
- Repeat the above-mentioned step to make 3 more layers. After placing a large round tray over the nachos, invert the can. Now remove the can.
- Garnish it with more red onion, jalapeno and cilantro.
Trash Can Nachos Recipe Nutritional information