If you’re a fan of trash can nachos by chef Guy Feri, then you’re in the right place. In this post, I am going to tell the exact recipe the chef uses to make these trash can nachos.
I first tried this yummy dish at El Burro Borracho in Las Vegas. The chef there was very friendly and told me all the ingredients they use in nachos. So when I returned home, I was missing those trash can nachos. I then decided to make them at my home by taking the internet’s help and their chef gives tips. When I made them, they were exactly the same.
Making Trash Can Nachos requires 4 main steps: making the beef, pico de gallo, cheese sauce and assembling the nachos. To make pico de gallo, combine tomatoes, onion, jalapeño, cilantro, and lime juice. Then make cheese sauce using cheddar, butter and flour. In a trash can, assemble all and nachos are ready.
This recipe is a little complex but don’t worry, I have simplified the steps in the complete recipe below so that you can make your nachos just like Guy Feri. Now let’s see the ingredients required for making these trash can nachos.
Ingredients Required for Trash Can Nachos Recipe
- 3 cloves minced Garlic
- 2 tbsp Lime juice
- 1 1/2 tbsp Kosher salt
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 8 ounces Skirt Steak
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- 2 ounces grated mild Cheddar
- 1 tbsp Flour
- 2 ounces Monterey Jack
- 2 ounces Asadero cheese
- 2 ounces Oaxaca
- 1 tbsp minced Pickled Jalapenos
- 1 tbsp pickled Jalapeno juice
- 1 cup Dried Black beans
- 2 tbsp Pico de Gallo
- 1/2 cup minced sweet onion
- 1 tsp dried Mexico oregano
- 1/4 pound Tortilla chips
- 110-ounce Large tin empty can
You can get all these ingredients from any supermarket. Now let’s check out the time we need to invest in making these nachos.
How much time will it Take To Make Trash Can Nachos?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|20 minutes||1 hour 20 minutes||2 hours|
Now we know the ingredients and the timings. Now let’s see the directions we need to follow to make these trash can nachos.
Steps to Make Trash Can Nachos
- Take a dish and put steak in it.
- Then mix lime juice, 2 minced garlic cloves and 1 tablespoon kosher salt, and rub it over the steak from both sides.
- Refrigerate it for 30 minutes.
- Grill over high heat until it gets charred completely. Leave it for some time then chop.
- Put butter and flour in a saucepan over medium heat whisking until it gets smooth and toasted.
- Put milk and heavy cream into it and bring it to boil.
- Whisk in Monterey Jack, Oaxaca, grated mild cheddar and asadero cheese until they get melted.
- Put a pinch each of cayenne and cumin; jalapeno juice, minced pickled jalapenos and pico de gallo.
- Remove the contents from heat and keep them warm.
- Drain rinsed and soaked dried black beans and transfer to a saucepan. Add water and bring it to boil.
- Now, put sweet onion, minced garlic 1/2 tablespoon kosher salt and Mexican Oregano to the saucepan.
- Simmer until the beans are tender.
- Now, spoon some of the melty cheese in a tin can. Layer it up by tortilla chips one-quarter of the way up.
- Put more cheese over the chips. Layer up with steak and beans as well. Season it with sliced red onion, sliced jalapeno, pico de gallo and drizzle with Mexican crema.
- Repeat the above-mentioned step to make 3 more layers. After placing a large round tray over the nachos, invert the can. Now remove the can.
- Garnish it with more red onion, jalapeno and cilantro.
Your Trash Can Nachos are ready. Make it at your home and everyone is going to love it.
Nutritional Breakdown of Trash Can Nachos
Let’s see how many nutrients does these trash can nachos have.
How to Make Trash Can Nachos at Home | Video
This recipe involves a lot of ingredients and is a bit difficult to prepare. So make sure you watch this video to make the prefect trash can nachos.
Now go and make these Trash Can Nachos. Please tell us your reviews in the comment section below. Till then, eat healthy and stay healthy.