Today we are going to discuss a very simple yet sweet recipe that I guess some of you might have heard of. Yes, I am talking about Transparent Pie. When I used to be a child, my mother used to makes different varieties of pie for me. And my favourite was the Transparent Pie.
And she always had a habit of teaching me about the benefits of different recipes and ingredients. Because she is a very health-conscious person. She wants me to be an expert in cooking and a person who has full cooking knowledge.
Now as I know the best Transparent Pie recipe, I thought I must share it with you all. This recipe of pie requires few ingredients and is not very difficult to understand. So, let’s start the process. But first, we have to gather all the ingredients that are required to make Transparent Pie at home.
Ingredients for Transparent Pie
|Margarine (melted)||1/2 Cup|
|White sugar||1 1/2 Cup|
|Distilled white vinegar||1 tbsp|
|Vanilla extract||1 tsp|
|Pie shell||1 (9inch)|
For the Filling
|Granulated sugar||1 Cup|
|Brown sugar||1 Cup|
|Melted butter||1/2 Cup|
|Heavy cream||1 Cup|
You can buy all these required ingredients from the nearest supermarket or from any grocery store. Now, let’s see how much time it will take to make the whole pie recipe.
How much time it will take?
|Prep time||Cook time||Total time||Servings|
|20 minutes||55 minutes||1 hr 15 minutes||8|
Now we know all the ingredients and the time that transparent pie will take to prepare. So without waiting more, let’s check out the exact recipe of Transparent Pie that I learnt from my mom.
Transparent Pie Recipe
- Take a bowl, add eggs, and whisk it gently.
- Mix sugar and margarine, give it a quick blend.
- Add vanilla extract and vinegar and whisk all the ingredients together.
- Transfer the whole mixture into the pie shell and put it inside the oven at 450-degree temperature.
- Bake it maximum for 10-15 minutes.
- Take a bowl and whisk the eggs gently.
- After that, add the sugar, flour, melted butter, heavy cream, salt, and vanilla. Mix it properly.
- Pour the mixture into the pie crust and place a shield over the edge.
- Transfer the pie again to the oven and bake it for a maximum of 35 minutes.
- Remove the shield and again continue baking for the last 10 minutes.
Now, your mouthwatering Transparent pie is ready. You can serve it your guests and they’ll love it.
Nutritional Facts of Transparent Pie
I have mentioned below the complete breakdown of nutrients of this Transparent Pie recipe for those people who are always conscious about their health.
How to Make Transparent Pie at Home | Video
Watching the video of this recipe while making it will definitely make your cooking process easy. So, I have added a video below that will definitely help you.
I hope you all liked this Transparent Pie recipe. Make this at your home and share your experience with me in the comments section below. I will definitely try to cover it in our upcoming blogs.