Trader Joe’s dark chocolate peanut butter cup is a classic treat. It is a cupcake bursting with decadent dark chocolate and delish peanut butter. The presence of peanut butter perks up the depth of rich flavors. Get a copy of this recipe right away!
To make a replica of a dark chocolate peanut butter cup, you need dark chocolate, peanut butter, coconut oil, sugar, and salt. Melt the dark chocolate using a bain-marie cooking method. Merge it with peanut butter in the foil liner and let it freeze. The fine dark chocolate peanut butter cup will be ready.
Once you make it right in your kitchen, you will hang onto the recipe forever. In case you are curious to know what it is, let me be your guide. Bain Marie is a hot water bath in the culinary world. All you need to do is place the cooking bowl over the saucepan filled with boiling water.
If you don’t have peanut butter, then I have another option for you. Here is a list of peanut butter substitutes that you can use instead.
Excited to prepare this cakewalk recipe? Follow the full article. You will find the required list of equipment, ingredients, instructions, and steps to make a knockoff chocolate peanut butter cup.
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Trader Joe’s Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup?
- Bowl – Take two bowls to mix the chocolate sauce and peanut butter.
- Saucepan – Use a saucepan to keep the bowl on the top and melt the butter using the bain-marie method.
- Ladle – Stir in with the help of a ladle.
- Foil Liner – Make the butter cup in a foil liner cupcake tin.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Trader Joe’s Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup?
|Preparation Time||Resting Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|5 Minutes||15 Minutes||10 Minutes||30 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Trader Joe’s Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup?
- Peanut Butter – For making chocolate peanut butter cups, take any peanut butter of your choice.
- Sugar – Add sugar as per your preference.
- Dark Chocolate – Melt crushed dark chocolate using the bain-marie cooking method.
- Coconut Oil – Add a teaspoon of coconut oil mixed with peanut butter and chocolate sauce. It will keep the chocolate sauce and peanut butter moist.
- Salt – Just a pinch of salt to balance the sweet flavors.
Steps To Make Trader Joe’s Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup
1. Bain Marie
Melt the chocolate using the bain-marie method. Mix the crushed dark chocolate with coconut oil evenly. Keep the bowl on the saucepan and cook slowly. Keep stirring it frequently.
In a separate bowl, mix half a cup of peanut butter with coconut oil. Mix it well. There is no need to melt the peanut butter. Adding oil to the butter will retain the moisture.
3. Pour In The Liner
Layer the liner with melted chocolate first, then peanut butter, and at last, repeat the chocolate sauce. Keep it to freeze for 10 minutes after each element is added. When the chocolate cupcake is all set, take a bite and taste the indulgent flavors.
How Will Trader Joe’s Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Look And Taste Like?
Trader Joe’s dark chocolate peanut butter cup looks appetizing and tastes delectable. Hands down, this is the best chocolate peanut butter cup you can have. It is soft, chewy, and a quick dessert. Redeem your food haul with this delicious recipe.
Trader Joe’s Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Recipe
- ½ cup Peanut Butter
- 1 tablespoon Sugar
- ½ cup Dark Chocolate
- 2 tablespoons Coconut Oil
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- Take a bowl, add crushed dark chocolate and mix it with coconut oil.
- Keep the bowl in a saucepan. Using the bain-marie method, melt the chocolate in a bowl.
- Then, in a separate small bowl, take half a cup of peanut butter and mix it with a tablespoon of sugar and coconut oil.
- Moving forward, take a foil liner to give a final finish to the peanut butter cup.
- Pour the melted chocolate into the first layer of the liner. Then, add the peanut butter mix to the top. Freeze in the refrigerator to set.
- Finally, pour some more chocolate sauce on the peanut butter.
- Freeze for 10 minutes more and you are set to go.
- The knockoff Trader Joe’s dark chocolate peanut butter cup will be ready.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Is Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups good for you?
For making healthy chocolate peanut butter cups, take natural peanut butter and dark chocolate that has less sugar and more cocoa solids.
Should you refrigerate peanut butter?
Generally, peanut butter doesn’t need to be refrigerated. You can keep it in a cool and dark place.
How long do Trader Joe’s Peanut Butter Cups last?
You can store Trader Joe’s peanut butter cups for up to 6 months. The shelf life of the elements added is even more than 6 months.
What is the number one peanut butter?
Jif leads in terms of being the number one out of all its competitors. Moreover, it is one of the tastiest peanut butter.
How do you make a homemade bain-marie?
It is quite easy to put together the bain-marie method. It is a method used to slow cook, boil, or melt food items. All you need to do is place the bowl full of chocolate onto the saucepan filled with boiling water. Over low heat, the food is cooked with steam.
There are numerous ways to customize your bowl to your taste. So to make this version of Trader Joe’s dark chocolate peanut butter cup at home, follow the instructions properly. Share your experience and cooking twists with me in the comment section below.