On my last visit to Italy, I was there for at least 10 days and one of my colleagues suggested me to have Tortellini Carbonara and on her preference I ordered was Tortellini Carbonara and trust me I was there for 10 days and one of the main dishes that I regularly ordered was Tortellini Carbonara.
Tortellini Carbonara pasta is the dish of the Rome region of Italy. Carbonara in Italian means has to do with charcoal and many theories of the origin involve coal miners making the dish.
It was a dish that was sumptuous and delicious and on my last day in Italy. I asked my colleague about the Tortellini Carbonara Recipe and she didn’t know as well but she was having contacts in that restaurant and she got me the Tortellini Carbonara Recipe.
Today, I made it at my home and I have a thought to share that recipe with my lovely people. Come Let’s see How to make Tortellini Carbonara at Home.
Ingredients For Tortellini Carbonara Recipe
|Buitoni Three Cheese Tortellini||20 oz|
|Parmesan Cheese||1 Cup|
|Slices Of Bacon||8|
|Fresh Parsely||2 tbsp|
|Fresh Basil||2 tbsp|
|Salt and Pepper||1 tsp|
How Much Time It Will Take?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|10 Mins||20 Mins||30 Mins|
Tortellini Carbonara Recipe
- In a large pot boil water with medium heat and while heating adds eggs and parmesan cheese to a bowl and whisk them so that they combine and set them aside.
- In a large skillet at medium heat, heat diced bacon, onion, and peas cook until it will turn crispy or golden.
- In the boiling add salt and tortellini pasta, according to the package directions, and remove the water of pasta.
- In the skillet add shallot and garlic. Cook them along vigorously stirring for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the 2-3 tbsp hot pasta water in the egg mixture and whish the mixture properly.
- Remove the skillet from heat and add the drained pasta to it, add tempered egg and cheese mixture. Cook it until it will convert into lightly thick pasta.
- Sprinkle cooked bacon pieces and season with salt and pepper before you turn the heat off.
- Serve the pasta hot with some parsley and parmesan cheese.
Nutritional Facts Of Tortellini Carbonara