Tortellini carbonara pasta is a great Italian recipe that you can easily make at home. It is made with tortellini, cheese, herbs, and vegetables. Try your hands at this recipe for a fun afternoon meal.
Tortellini carbonara pasta is the dish of the Rome region of Italy. Carbonara in Italian means ‘has to do with charcoal’. Many theories of the origin of carbonara involve coal miners first making the dish. Hence, the name.
To make tortellini carbonara, cook the tortellini in salted water and then drain the water. Whisk eggs, parmesan cheese, and some pasta water in a bowl. In a skillet, cook bacon with onions and peas. In another skillet, cook shallots and garlic. Add the cooked pasta and egg mixture to this skillet and cook them. Then, add the bacon mixture to it. Garnish with parsley and parmesan.
This is just a snippet of the recipe. Find the complete recipe below. There are other main course recipes on our blog as well that you should also check.
1. Cajun Chicken Pasta– This recipe is a complete meal and super easy to throw together for family dinners. And hey, it doesn’t pinch your pocket too. Isn’t that amazing? So, you have the menu set for the coming weekend.
2. Huevos Con Chorizo– The name pretty much says it all: This is a simple breakfast dish of eggs scrambled with chorizo.
3. Sauteed Okra with Garlic– Okra’s delicate grassy flavor is highlighted by this simple cooking method. By cooking the pods whole, quickly, and without liquid, you avoid the factors that make it slimy.
4. Chiles Rellenos– Chilli Rellenos is a Mexican dish with its origin to Puebla. Its variations are Hatch Chile, Anaheim pepper, and Pasilla Meat. It has an incredible taste and you would keep asking for more of it.
Tortellini Carbonara Recipe
- Large Pot
- Large Skillet
- 20 oz Buitoni Three Cheese Tortellini
- 8 slices of Bacon (diced)
- Shallot (minced)
- ½ cup Peas
- ½ cup Onion
- 2 tablespoons Fresh Basil
- 2 tablespoons Fresh Parsely
- 1 cup Parmesan Cheese
- 4 Eggs
- 1 teaspoon Salt and Pepper1
- In a large pot, boil water over medium heat. Meanwhile, add eggs and parmesan cheese to a bowl. Whisk them so that they combine and set them aside.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add diced bacon, onion, and peas. Cook them until they turn crispy and golden.
- In the pot with boiling water, add salt and tortellini past. Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Then, drain the water from the pasta but save a few tablespoons of the pasta water.
- In another skillet, add shallot and garlic. Cook them while vigorously stirring for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the 2-3 tbsp hot pasta water in the egg mixture and whisk the mixture properly.
- Remove the skillet from heat and add the drained pasta to it. Add the egg and cheese mixture to it. Cook it until it will convert into lightly thick pasta.
- Sprinkle cooked bacon pieces and season with salt and pepper before you turn the heat off.
- Serve the pasta hot with some parsley and parmesan cheese.