Tonkatsu is a Japanese condiment served with cutlets, croquettes, sandwiches. It has got a tart and savoury taste. In this post, let’s see how you can make the sauce at your home just like it’s made in Japan.
I first tried the sauce on my Japan tour almost about two years ago. I still remember those sandwiches in the breakfast and they blew my mind and made me crazy. I couldn’t resist myself to know about the secret behind it. So, I search on the internet regarding the secret ingredient behind the taste of those sandwiches.
Tonkatsu sauce is a very easy and quick recipe. Start making the recipe by mixing ketchup, Worcestershire, soy sauce, sugar, mustard and garlic powder in a bowl. That’s it! Your sauce is ready to enhance the flavors.
Now, let’s check the ingredients we need to make this unique sauce that can turn your simple dish into an exotic one! Before that, check out the other sauce recipes as well.
1. Red Chile Sauce– Red Chile sauce is very popular in Mexico and people there use it as a substitute for their regular tomato ketchup. This sauce is also called red chili enchilada sauce.
2. Smoked Trout Dip– This is one of my favorite dips as it has got a tangy and tart taste. Believe me, once you try out the dip, you will become fond of the flavors it incorporates.
3. Taco Bell Baja Sauce– Baja Sauce is one of the main ingredients of tacos. It gives the right flavor to the taco. It consists of different peppers and spices and is really easy to make.
4. Mac and Cheese Bar– Mac and cheese bar is an appetizing dish that you can make for your loved ones. This dish is also a preferable option for hosting large gatherings.
Tonkatsu Sauce Recipe
- ½ cup Ketchup
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- 1 tbsp Soy Sauce
- ¼ tsp Garlic Powder
- ½ tsp Dijon Mustard
- Take a small bowl and mix ketchup, Worcestershire and soy sauce in it.
- Now add some sugar, mustard and garlic powder into it.
- Mix everything properly by stirring and your tonkatsu sauce is ready.
Try this sauce at home and if you have any questions regarding the recipe, do ask is in the comment section and give you valuable feedback in the comment section. For more wonderful recipes, stay tuned with us!