When I was a kid, I always think pudding is made up of vanilla and chocolate, and butterscotch. But one day, I was waiting for my bus at the bus stand and there, I saw there a food truck that was serving pudding of wide variety.
The thing that left me in dilemma was, they have mentioned Tomato Pudding in their menu. On the day, I was like Do people eat this kind of Pudding also?
I was confused and went to that food truck and bought a Tomato Pudding, just to know how it tastes. After eating that pudding, I was like numb. I was like how can a Tomato Pudding is so tasty.
The man who was cooked over there asked me about the review of pudding and in the review, I said- Make it every day for me. From today onwards, I am your regular customer. But after a few years, I left that city but that Tomato Pudding taste is still on my tongue and last week I went to my city again, where that food truck was and suddenly cook recognized me.
One thing I asked him was about Tomato Pudding Recipe and he gave me the recipe. I thought to share Recipe with my food lovers first so here I am today with Tomato Pudding Recipe. But before we jump onto the recipe, let’s check out some other desserts that you might like.
1. Tropica Pudding– This is a very special pie made of a very special ingredient- Tropica. Tapioca looks like small pearls; however, it varies in different sizes. It is a gluten-free food but high in carbohydrates, so do not consider it a low-calorie food. Tapioca can be used in dessert and pudding made from it is very beautiful.
2. Princess Pudding– Princess pudding is a chocolaty pudding that you must definitely try. This combination of semisweet chocolate, vanilla bean, eggs, cream and sugar is something that you can’t resist.
3. Persimmon Pudding– Persimmon is a fruit, which looks like a tomato but is a berry. It has a slippery silk-like texture. It tastes creamy, tangy and sweet, all at the same time. Isn’t it an exciting fruit? I would love to eat this fruit. Make a pudding with this will surely be a great dessert.
4. Coconut Black Rice– it is a traditional Thai dessert also known as kao neow dahm. This pudding is all about coconut and it is gluten-free and dairy-free as well. All the coconut fiends will definitely love this pudding.
Ingredients For Tomato Pudding
|Tomato Puree||1 can (14.5 ounce)|
|Brown Sugar||3/4 Cup|
|Dried Basil||1 tbsp|
Now I am sure that you’ll gather all the ingredients or you must have all these ingredients in your kitchen again. So now, let’s see how much patience you have required to make Tomato Pudding.
How Much Time It Will Take?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|15 Mins||60 Mins||75 Mins|
When I was learning the recipe from the uncle, I was very curious to know What steps to follow next? When I will make Tomato Pudding? I must say you are also very excited to know. So, let’s see Tomato Pudding Recipe for whom we are eagerly waiting.
Tomato Pudding Recipe
- Add water and tomato puree in a saucepan over the medium heat.
- Mix the puree with water properly.
- After some time add brown sugar, basil, and salt in the puree and boil it until it will simmer for 5 minutes.
- At 190 degrees C preheat oven and with cooking spray coat casserole dish.
- In the dish place bread and apply melted butter and transfer the puree over the bread and cover the dish with aluminum foil.
- In the preheated oven bake the mixture for 1 hour.
Now your Tomato Pudding is ready to serve. I am sure that you and your friends will love it when you’ll make it.
Nutritional Facts of Tomato Pudding
I still remember that I was very curious to know that Is this Tomato Pudding Healthy? And if you also have the same doubt, I’ve mentioned a nutritional breakdown of the Tomato Pudding.
How To Make Tomato Pudding at Home | Video
Sometimes trying something while watching or performing practical makes it easier for you to try new things. So I’ve added a video of the recipe of Tomato Pudding below.
I hope you’ve liked this recipe of Tomato Pudding. Make sure to try this recipe at your home and do tell us your experience with this recipe in the comments section below. Stay tuned for more