Tipsy laird is a very simple Scottish Trifle made with sponge cake, raspberries, whiskey and whipped cream. This combination is as delicious as it sounds.
Tipsy laird is a Scottish dessert that is usually served during Christmas or on New Year’s eve. In Scotland, this recipe has a poetic significance. Every year on 25 January, Burns Night is celebrated in Scotland, in memory of iconic poet Robert Burns. Tipsy laird is one of the main attractions among the food made for celebration, making it really special.
To make tipsy laird, cut the sponge cake slices and put them in a glass. Put raspberries on the cake and sprinkle some whiskey on it. Now spread custard all over the cake. Apply a thick layer of whipped cream and garnish it with raspberries and almonds. Your tipsy laird is ready to serve.
Tipsy laird can be made easily as most of the ingredients used in it are ready-made. I think you will be able to make it with ease once you go through the detailed steps given above in the recipe. But before we jump onto the recipe, let’s check out some other desserts that you might like.
1. Cherries in the Snow– It is a dessert with cooked cherries and cream cheese. This dish is not exactly a cake and not precisely a pudding but a combination of both. A perfect no-bake recipe that can enlighten the celebration of any occasion.
2. Leche Asada– This recipe is also known as roasted milk. It is a traditional dessert in Chile. Though it is not considered something special there, but it is really something special if you are trying it for the first time.
3. Vanilla Yogurt– Yogurt is said to have positive effects on our immune, cardiovascular systems as well as boosting our metabolism. Yogurt with the flavour of vanilla in it makes it an incredible dish. Homemade Vanilla Yogurt is just irresistible.
4. Eton Mess– It is a classic British dessert made from a mixture of strawberries, pieces of meringue and cream. This dessert is called Eton mess because it was first made in Eton college and was served in their annual cricket match against Harrow school.
Tipsy Laird Recipe
- Glass Dish
- 10 ounces Fresh Raspberries
- 10 ounces Sponge Cake
- 2 Cups Custard Sauce
- 6 tbsp Whisky
- A handful of Flaked Almonds
- 2 Cups Double Cream
- Cut the cake slices and put them on a glass dish.
- Now, put some raspberries on the cake and keep some aside for the garnish.
- Pour whisky on the cake in such a way that the cake soaks it properly.
- Now, spread the custard all over the cake and make a thick layer.
- Top with a thick layer of whipped cream and garnish it with raspberries and almonds.
- Serve the cake.